The online racing simulator
GM now closes...
(75 posts, started )
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :I would actually love to try out a Vauxhall. But with what bunder says, yeah give GM 10 years and they'll be shutting their doors. Neither Saab or Pontiac actually did fail... the market just did. Like FlyMike said, Ford is really kicking some serious ass! I have actually liked Ford for a long time, and I'm actually impressed at their face lifted Mustang, Fusion, and Edge. I bet Ford will be the last car brand for America in about 15 years, and Ford will still be going strong.

You do get some Vauxhalls over there. The 2007 Vauxhall Astra that was sold here is called the Saturn Astra over there.

If it's anything like the one we get here, then it will be equally terrible. Hard plastics in the interior, etc. etc.

The interior may well be much different though. For example, the MK1 Ford Focus (These ones) were much worse cars over there. In the UK, they come with leather all over the dashboard/plastics and everything is put together much better. In the US, the dashboards are standard hard plastic, and they typically fall apart.
wasn't that in transformers?
too bad, saab was good.
why doesn't GM close, there's not a single good/innovative car they've made.
I heard they split Saab up in parts, and Spyker will be buying a part of it.
Will Saab still be making these?

They might be a little tricky to park in Tescos.
I don't know - if anything they look a little smaller and nippier than the average Saab

Although the Moon is smaller and nippier than the average Saab.
#33 - 5haz
Quote from Crashgate3 :Will Saab still be making these?

Yeah, Saab aerospace is a completely separate thing.
What about Scania?
#35 - 5haz
Scania is owned part by VW and part by MAN, they were merged with Saab but sold it to GM quite a while back.

So Scania have nothing much to do with this.
Quote from Intrepid :SIze of a country isn't everything. The UK pretty much owned the world not all that long ago.

Too bad the UK sucks that bad now, that they barely own their own isles now.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You do get some Vauxhalls over there. The 2007 Vauxhall Astra that was sold here is called the Saturn Astra over there.

If it's anything like the one we get here, then it will be equally terrible. Hard plastics in the interior, etc. etc.

The interior may well be much different though. For example, the MK1 Ford Focus (These ones) were much worse cars over there. In the UK, they come with leather all over the dashboard/plastics and everything is put together much better. In the US, the dashboards are standard hard plastic, and they typically fall apart.

Ah really? I thought they weren't that bad, but they look pretty cool to me. Just one thing... why do most people over here love plastic so much? Especially in interiors... it's a huge mistake. GM should go back to black plastic buttons instead of painted ones, and at least put some leather over the plastic dashboard, pillars and doorpanels. Also, they need to redesign the interior of their new Camaro... really tacky IMO.
http://www.netcarshow.com/chev ... 1024x768/wallpaper_58.htm
http://www.netcarshow.com/chev ... 1024x768/wallpaper_59.htm

Yeah their jet program is still going, but sadly only their car business isn't. But since someone said Spyker bought part of it, then maybe Saab has some hope afterall. I just hope it actually does since a Saab lasts basically forever like a Honda, Volvo, and in some cases, BMW.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Yeah their jet program is still going, but sadly only their car business isn't.

GM never owned Saab AB.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You do get some Vauxhalls over there. The 2007 Vauxhall Astra that was sold here is called the Saturn Astra over there.

Wait, are those originally Vauxhalls or Opels? Or is it the same thing?

As for the Focus, it's always been better in Europe, as in fact most Ford cars. The European division is usually better. Problem is... the cars don't fit the American buyer! So the American buyer would acquire a crappy car that allegedly fits his needs over a good car that allegedly doesn't? Is the American buyer really THAT stupid?

Sad thing in the story is that we up here in Canada basically get what the US gets; we're not big enough of a market to have much weigh in the balance...
Hold on,

maybe Spyker will buy Saab.
I hope so.
Quote from boosterfire :Wait, are those originally Vauxhalls or Opels? Or is it the same thing?

They're the same thing as far as I know. In the UK they're Vauxhall's while in the rest of Europe they're Opel.
Quote from obsolum :They're the same thing as far as I know. In the UK they're Vauxhall's while in the rest of Europe they're Opel.

AFAIK Vauxhall started to produce rebadged Opels in the 70's. So a Vauxhall Astra is a rebadged Opel Astra, not vice-versa.

I think I like more Vauxhalls' front end than Opels', but I prefer Opel's logo, the circle and the lightning. So, a mixture of the two for me would be perfect.
So does Vauxhall make any of their own cars or do they just rebrand Opels and Holdens?

Yes! because its not the same company... havent been in a long while... i think they separated the car part when they sold of to GM.

Its these 3

SAAB automobile
SAAB "Svenska aeroplan aktiebolaget" (Swedish Airplane Corporation)
Scania (trucks)

Its only the automobile company that is in trouble so far..
Quote from Kalev EST :So does Vauxhall make any of their own cars or do they just rebrand Opels and Holdens?

They are rebadged "afaik"
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Haha. Don't be so silly.

Vauxhalls are bloody crap. The Zafira, Astra and Insignias are not great cars. There awful cars. The interiors are cheap and tacky, and they all (Yes all. I have driven all 3 you have mentioned) handle like crap. There no where near there rivals.

Also, i think you mean Mondeo ST200. The Cougar ST200 was never put into production.

It would seem there are a few Cougar ST200s around, but they did not go into major production. And we know the Astra is crap yes, but the new one will be good competition. The Zafira is very flexible for families due to the seating. The Insignia is not actually that bad. Just not as good as the Mondeo.
I have to swallow some of my words from before. I sat in a 2010 buick lacrosse yesterday. The interior was the best I've seen in any american car including the ford taurus. It was even as good as my friend's mercedes and certainly more ergonomic. I guess they've decided to tackle their biggest criticisms head on. All in all it was a very satisfying car, too bad no one will buy it.
Quote from shaun463 :It would seem there are a few Cougar ST200s around, but they did not go into major production. And we know the Astra is crap yes, but the new one will be good competition. The Zafira is very flexible for families due to the seating. The Insignia is not actually that bad. Just not as good as the Mondeo.

I would love to know where you have seen a Cougar ST200, as they were never put into production AT ALL.

I seriously doubt you have seen more than one, let alone one on the public roads.

And yes, the Insignia is an improvement over the previous Vectra, but it is nowhere near as good as it's rivals in terms of driving enjoyment and general quality.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I would love to know where you have seen a Cougar ST200, as they were never put into production AT ALL.

I seriously doubt you have seen more than one, let alone one on the public roads.

And yes, the Insignia is an improvement over the previous Vectra, but it is nowhere near as good as it's rivals in terms of driving enjoyment and general quality.

you dont have an opinion

GM now closes...
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG