The online racing simulator
On a wireless network
(13 posts, started )
On a wireless network
Im on a wireless network, and every 2-3 minutes im experiencing lag of 2-3 seconds of other players, is there any way round this? Or is it just something that 'comes' with the network?
#2 - Jakg
happens as Windows checks for other wi-fi networks

Dont you just love wi-fi?
Quote from Jakg :happens as Windows checks for other wi-fi networks

Dont you just love wi-fi?

That can be disabled. I have a wireless network and I have no pauses.

Check your network settings: there's something in there that disables this checking, if that indeed is the problem.

Alanb
Any idea what its called or where i can find it?
it may help if you post your system specs, and router name/model and firmware version if you know it
Its the wireless ADSL router kit by D-Link, and the computer im using has the adapter in it. (The Router itself is downstairs).
#7 - Jakg
but which model EXACTLY?

and have you tried a firmware update?
Where do i get a frimware update from?
#9 - Jakg
d-link.com, just watch out, it will clear ALL settings (like isp!)
Its the D Link G604T, the router end is fine, no problems, but the end with the dongle(sp?) is the one that lags out.

NVIDIA 6600 LE

EDIT: I went to dlink.com, and there appears to be no downloads available.
it's the dongle, dude.. i have the same stuff, and when I switched to a PCI wireless solution it was so much better... Even if the dongle report better signals (better antenna-placement) I get small pauses and all sorts of problems. Now it's smooth as a baby's bottom!
  1. Try to switch to other wireless channels
  2. Get the latest drivers if you didn't already
  3. Try to disable Windows searching for new Wlans!
  4. For online gaming it is not important if you're running 108, 54 or 11 Mbits, so try choosing a lower speed, disable dynamic speed adjustments
  5. PM me if it doesn't help
Ok, i have PM'd you

On a wireless network
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG