The online racing simulator
Kyoto 12h: First Qualifying
Here are the preliminary results of today's session, not sorted by any means, that will be done tomorrow.
Attached images
quali1.jpg
i wonder if we will see any non-XRR teams?
Yeh, indeed... The championshipleader in the endurance league is an fzr driver, so I guess the fzr is also an option..
Quote from inCogNito :i wonder if we will see any non-XRR teams?

You will see minimum one team in non XRR
make that 2 teams - although we aren'T quite a contender for one of the top spots..
#6 - Fetzo
hmmm, i think we will see some of those boring FXRs :P.

maybe i will think different when i am half asleep during a race and try to handle the xrr.
#7 - sazea
How Peter has made a 2.13 illepall
good job lol
i hope not the same way he made his WR :hide:
Quote from inCogNito :i hope not the same way he made his WR :hide:

well I don't know what's ur problem with me, really. my splits were: 43.81 -> 1:31.99 -> 2:13.56, so in the first chicane I only cut the left side, and in the last chicane I cut none at all. without any cutting, it would have been 13.7 at least
Preliminary results:

1. Ocrana XR GTR: 2:13.56 (P. Hum)
2. dE Racing: 2:14.36 (S. Neale)
3. Mercury Racing Team: 2:14.59 (E. Parent)
4. Shock.fx: 2:16.12 (P. Closset)
5. teamnic: 2:17.72 (F. Drop)

Guess we will see quite some action on Friday.
my real name is not Hummer, but Hum, can you correct this please :]
Sorry, brainfade
#13 - thd
Regarding lines in chicanes etc: We, the admins, will discuss this and see if anything will be done, either by rule ammendments and/or layout changes.

That said: I hope we can keep a friendly tone in this forum section and between league participants in general. In the future, if there are issues like this or other things you don't like, please don't make it a sneak comment directed at one racer. Instead, make a new thread for discussing the issue and tell us what you feel should be changed. I'm not mad at you or anything Dennis, just using this relatively harmless thing as an example for the future, so that we can avoid bigger, badder things
i didn't mean to annoy anyone, just thinking out loud.

i really think that the fxr is a wise choice, because it is easier to drive (i know driving fast is not easy!). but i couldn't stand driving it because of it's "boring" (sorry) handling.

as i said, when i hit the sand for the first time, i am sure i wish i had chosen the fxr instead of the xrr.

it's difficult not to sound rude, when you write in a hurry with my english knowledge .
#15 - thd
With an avatar as cool as your I can forgive alot
Quote from thd :With an avatar as cool as your I can forgive alot

Is that who I think it is?

Schanke? Probably not though, bet he shure looks like him.
#17 - thd
It is

Dennis (fetzo) is a rallycross fan.
Quote from Hummer :well I don't know what's ur problem with me, really. my splits were: 43.81 -> 1:31.99 -> 2:13.56, so in the first chicane I only cut the left side, and in the last chicane I cut none at all. without any cutting, it would have been 13.7 at least

I don't have a problem with you. I just don't think it's ok how the top drivers in the hotlap charts cut the chicanes. Not only you, i just watched the first 3 drivers a while ago, that was you, rudi and unlimited, and it was pretty much the same, some cut more, some cut less.
I don't care about hotlaps and WRs, and i don't want to start a discussion about when it's HLVC it's ok etc.
But i think in a race we have a rule, 2 tires on the track all the time.
And you can't claim that in your hotlap, can you?

I don't know your lap in the qualy, and i don't care, it's a 12 hours race, so i couldn't care less about the starting position (ok, i could in the 24h race ).
But in the race it makes a difference, if you "cut" 0,5 secs every lap. So my only concern was that we are all on the same page about a clean lap in the race.

Imho the stoppers on the curbs aren't considered as track, maybe you or the admins have a different opinion.
So it would be nice if the admins could make this clear, or provide a layout for the race.

sorry, if it sounded like an offense, wasn't meant this way.
I know I am not in the race, but the first race of NAL league... we raced at Kyoto GP. Cutting was a problem with some people, and drivers were penalized (I think). That was that league's rules, not this one.

From seeing that happen, all I can recommend is that you use a layout on this chicane with tires to prevent this cutting. This was something I made for the 3 areas that people sometimes cut.

-Turn 1
-Chicane after 2nd split
-Last turn/chicane

You don't have to use this, or the tires on the other turns, but this is an example
Attached images
MoE_12H_turn1.jpg
MoE_12H_chicane1.jpg
MoE_12H_chicane2.jpg
Attached files
KY3_MoE_12H_tires.lyt - 436 B - 250 views
i like tweaks layout - would be worth a try
wouldnt be cutting that hard (referring to tweaks tyres in the layout) suicide for the car in a long distance race?

i thought hitting the curbs too hard is even dangerous.
hm i haven't noticed any suspension damage caused by curbs yet - maybe i was just lucky or didn't hit them hard enough, but as far as i know, the only danger comes from losing control or killing the tires if you hit very rough curbs

Ralf Grasser
twister-racing

EDIT - forgot the signature thingy
i thought about the suspension, but about the tyres too.
I haven't tried it, and that's how it should be, but i heard alot from guys wo cutted every lap and it didn't caused any real damage. At least not enough not to cut.

Andy kyoto gp laps are very long, so you don't do many laps in one stint, which means you don't have the opportunity to cut so often.
Tweak: how many tire stacks did you have flying around? The last thing we want to have is tire stacks hitting another driver, so that is my main concern about this solution.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG