The online racing simulator
Round 2 - 08/12/2009 20:15 GMT - briefing and race discussion
Hi!

After a great beginning in Fern Bay the RACCAR moves to Blackwood.

Round 2:

Date: 08.12.2009
Time: 20:15 GMT
Track: BL1R with an additional chicane on the backstraight* (see attachment)
Laps (sprint/feature): 10/16
Server: TBA (cause of the probation for iTCC we will move to another server)
PW: pm to the drivers

Layout can be found here. (with friendly permission from NDR racing, created by boothy)

Please make sure, that you know this layout. The chicane at the backstraight could be very tricky

Kind regards
Tom
Well the track is pretty good with the Back straight chicane, bit like in R2F1 which was mint. Im expecting a good turnout there yeah
When are the server PW going to be PM´d?
Here is the setup i'm using atm if people are interested (yes its Hugo's hotlap set with shorter gears)
Attached files
RAC_BL1r_hugol_hot.set - 132 B - 721 views
PM sent to all drivers.

Please note: We have changed the server, new server name is:

ICON RACING - RACCAR

Kind regards
Toom
how many posts is it legal to hit in the chicane ?

i think that its ok to hit the first red
I have been thinking a bit about the chicane as well, as there is big time to gain at the exit. Especially in qual this could be a tempting "cheat" as you can gain a good amount of time driving over the grass. However, adding tyres could be dangerous to other cars if you hit them, and barriers are just crazy anyways. So its not an easy fix, but i would ask the organizers to have an extra eye on the chicane exit especially in qual. If its possible
but in the first left in the chicane can be pritie hard to take so i don't think you would get a punichment for hit the post closest to the track
Quote from mblixt :but in the first left in the chicane can be pritie hard to take so i don't think you would get a punichment for hit the post closest to the track

I´d agree with this, because its hard to see under the bridge where to brake therefore chicane controlling is hard.
Quote from EliteAti :I´d agree with this, because its hard to see under the bridge where to brake therefore chicane controlling is hard.

Well i can say that this "blind" chicane is quite good. It`s like challenge for us , just exactly i was waiting for It`s like one time you must not to miss the braking point , and same time you must see first posts , trying not to hit them , because in failure it`s easily to get into tyre "sea"
Please take a look at this, now they cant cut.
Attached files
BL1R_RACCAR BL1r.lyt - 1.3 KB - 239 views
Quote from aroX123 :Please take a look at this, now they cant cut.

Thanks for that, but I dont want to change a layout about 1/2 hour before the quali is starting.
Anyway thank you for your effort.

The layout will stay as it is.

Kind regards
Tom
So race ended ;] Firstly i want to apologize for player (who i didn`t remember now , but skin was white with blue). It was in last turn , i got some grass and was trying to control my car , and because of oversteer after grass i was on track , but sadly same person was near me and i touched him a bit, so (that was because of lag i think , i dont saved replay , just forgot it :/) in my mirrors i saw him in other side of track , few times spinned. I really apologize for this , i didin`t expected that this will happen.
Is it possible to get the race info pm'd a day before the event rather then a few hours?
Shame i missed it again
any results up sone ?
Quote from mblixt :any results up sone ?

After the reports are completed and the penalties have been given. So I would say........ friday (hopefully)

Kind regards
Tom
ok
Quote from snoring_snoopy :After the reports are completed and the penalties have been given. So I would say........ friday (hopefully)

Kind regards
Tom

Good. Kinda a lot of work giving penaltiesthis round because of cutting.. Good luck ;]

Besides , can someone could explain about next round? I know , this is layout , but still i want to be sure that im driving right way , so i need screen with indicated line to know where i need to drive
Quote from Derbis1990 :Good. Kinda a lot of work giving penaltiesthis round because of cutting.. Good luck ;]

Besides , can someone could explain about next round? I know , this is layout , but still i want to be sure that im driving right way , so i need screen with indicated line to know where i need to drive

Yeah, thx for that. I will announce the next round tomorrow, also with some snaps and draws of the (right) racing line.
And I will explain next rounds format cause of the ax layout with the limited grid (16 drivers).

Cheers
Tom
Just a little update:
Cause of my work situation I was not able to finish the reports today. Sorry for the delay. The announcement for next round will also delay to tomorrow.

Kind regards
Tom
Any chance we can get the quali replay?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Any chance we can get the quali replay?

It should be found in the protest thread AFAIK.

Round 3 will be announced shortly.

Kind regards
Tom
Quote from snoring_snoopy :It should be found in the protest thread AFAIK.

Round 3 will be announced shortly.

Kind regards
Tom

Sorry mate, havent seen that
I've seen some bad protest decisions in my time but jesus christ that just takes the biscuit. I see Hardwick coming up my inside and give an inch but he takes a mile causing me to turn Moroz around, yes I had hit Moroz already but if it wasn't for Hardwick we'd both have got away with it. Sorry but the decision is surely just carte blanche for making stupid moves in the future..?

I was going to protest the Round 3 feature race incident which sent me into the air but after the Round 2 protest it's obvious what the decision would've been...
Quote from boothy :I've seen some bad protest decisions in my time but jesus christ that just takes the biscuit. I see Hardwick coming up my inside and give an inch but he takes a mile causing me to turn Moroz around, yes I had hit Moroz already but if it wasn't for Hardwick we'd both have got away with it. Sorry but the decision is surely just carte blanche for making stupid moves in the future..?

I was going to protest the Round 3 feature race incident which sent me into the air but after the Round 2 protest it's obvious what the decision would've been...

I am trying to take this as a positive critism (but I am sure, you dont mean it in that way).

And if you dont send a protest, it doesn´t happen (and of course, if you know the decision before you post the protest.......)

EDIT: Thank you for your honest oppinion.

Kind regards
Tom

Round 2 - 08/12/2009 20:15 GMT - briefing and race discussion
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG