The online racing simulator
Good online PC shop
(18 posts, started )
Good online PC shop
So I am building my new PC. I know the parts I need to get - however, no idea where from.

Anyone can suggest a good online shop for PC hardware at normal/reasonable prices?

(Preferably someone who used it already and knows what they are talking about)
i haven't bought from it (yet) but i hear newegg is really good. i've bought stuff from tigerdirect though in the past, and i haven't been let down by shipping times or damaged parcels, although they are slightly more expensive than other places. on the other hand, i imagine everyone is trying to one-up the other, so maybe i was looking for the wrong stuff at the wrong time.
Yes I knew about those two already. Do they ship to UK tho?

And also, I would prefer if the prices were in British pounds.

(And UK situated shop)
I usually use this company, might not be the cheapest on the net but they are reasonable and after quite a few years of using them I've never had a problem with them.

www.cclonline.com
#5 - Jakg
NewEgg don't ship to the UK.

The main etailers are:

eBuyer - Ok, nothing special.
Scan - My favourite, but only because they give me free delivery,
Aria,
Novatech,
Overclockers (bluergh).
tekheads.co.uk are a good one
I can only recommend eBuyer. But they are very good. It's kind of an Online Costco for electrics.
Thanks guys. Those will do.

Not to make another topic - What GPU would you recommend?

Since I am running low on cash - I need something that is both quite good and reasonably priced..
#9 - amp88
Would have to put another vote in for eBuyer. They usually have very good prices and a lot of stock, plus their customer service is excellent too.

Quote from DevilDare :Thanks guys. Those will do.

Not to make another topic - What GPU would you recommend?

Since I am running low on cash - I need something that is both quite good and reasonably priced..

How much do you have to spend? What's the rest of your system spec?
#10 - Migz
Apparently this is quite a good card for the price.
Much better price to performance value then the newest NVIDIA cards.
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161725

Have a look in here, i started up a thread about a custom built computer not too long ago, and there are a couple posts about which graphics card to get.
Quote from amp88 :Would have to put another vote in for eBuyer. They usually have very good prices and a lot of stock, plus their customer service is excellent too.

How much do you have to spend? What's the rest of your system spec?

I dont know to be honest. My budget is around £500 at the very maximum.
Had a quick look through the websites you all gave me, and quickly added up the prices. It all adds up to around £400. (PCU/Mobo/RAM) (No postage)

The Mem I was recommended (Ripjaws Series 4GB - 2x2GB) is around £70. I think it is a bit overpriced - probably would be able to find something simillar at cheaper price.

I also need PSU. Any suggestions on that?

I really do not want to dissasemble my current PC - I want to keep it.
But if I get tight on money, I will do it. So Yeah.

Current specs I am thinking about.

Intel i5-750 - Around £140
Biostar TPOWER i55 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Around £120
OR
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Around £90
Ripjaws DDR3 4GB (2x2GB) - Around £70.

Damn... This is turning into "Help build PC" thread now....

Migz : Yes. I have heard good things about the 4890 too. However, £150.
I will have a look - Thanks.
I've had no problems with Novatech. They also have a support thread in http://www.nogripracing.com/ forums. Handy for asking any questions you may have.
Either Scan.co.uk or Overclockers.co.uk

Both I've had amazing service with in the past.
Overclockers are ridiculously overpriced.
NewEgg is the ****ing bomb.

Sucks for you non-North Americans.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Overclockers are ridiculously overpriced.

Depends really, Overclockers tend to do a better range of hardware with good service. I do shop around when buying my hardware and they are overpriced in some things, and not in others. If your going to buy a computer from scratch they (for me anyway), tend to be the best place. Price a full tower and hardware up, because I could get some items what were better and cheaper than what most other ecommerce shops could offer without ordering from loads of different places, I actually found for the difference of a few quid you could get a better deal.

However I do go to Scan mainly, but thats because I live in Burnley and we can drive to Scan (Bolton) and pick the things up, but for other things I chose ocUK.

I don't like Ebuyer, had a bad experience with an RMA in the past so I'll only order off them if they are very competitive in pricing.

PS
I've just compared some prices of new things to Scan, and Ebuyer...such as the Intel i5 750 and found OCuk to be competitive. Its not the cheapest but not ridiculously expensive.
I used to use Novatech for ordering work stuff, but they are always beaten on price by Misco, so use them now (or eBuyer).

Good online PC shop
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG