The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :None here in Bury/Bolton Its snow joke

It stopped fairly quickly, but the roofs of the cars are white
yeah we had a pathetic little 2 minute shower of snow about 10mins later
Chucking down with snow here now
A sprinkling of snow here. Sideways all the way home from work!!! I suspect that it'll be chaos in the city when I drive in though - just hope nobody hits me. The English public go to pieces even with a light dusting, although in fairness it does melt fairly quickly, causing that slippery slush. Much more grip if there is a decent layer of snow to dig into.
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463
It's f--king hammering down with snow here, NOT good for driving in!

The roadster is the worlds biggest b@stid to drive in this sort of weather,
The main roads are OK as its melting and is mainly slush, but the road into my estate, i swear nobody has driven on it since it started snowing about 6pm, and although there is only about 2 inches of snow, it is VERY slippery.

I slowed to a complete stop just coming to my road, turned in, using no throttle, gently off the clutch, on tickover, up to about 2mph if that, and... we are going in a straight line towards the big kerb, so, the tiniest blip of the throttle (raised the revs to just under 2k for about half a second) opposite lock (still at 2mph remember) and... we are facing the other way.
Would you rather opposite lock with a semblance of control, or chronic "oh my god I can see what i'm going to hit but do nothing about it" understeer?
Amounts to the same thing ATM jack, only with the roadster, its more of a case of

'oh my god I can see what i'm going to hit but do nothing about it, but with the added novelty of hitting it either sideways or backwards'
but you have the ultimate wildcard - if you jab the throttle you can maybe chose to hit something else instead - i'm stuck with the option of hitting the first boring thing that I end up sliding towards.

Also, I may well be driving to London tomorrow, but only if it's snowing. FML!
Quote from 5haz :The snows all dodging round meeeeeeee.

Had a minute of hail earlier, hoping for a winter wonderland to cheer me up a bit. :/

Had hail here too in East Midlands, was a kind of 'hard snow' if you get what I mean.
snowing again but its so windy it isn't funny being outside
-10 + wind = coooooooold
You guys having such difficulties driving in a dusting of snow, learn to use your parking brake to maneuver.

Getting going is the difficult part. Learning to maneuvering with the parking brake is easy.
There's no more snow anymore. It lasted a day, yet somehow schools were closed.

I was sad, I didn't get to go to a parking lot and throw the car around.. Oh well, next time.
No snow since yesterday, sun was shining today, still -8°C.
Blizzard 'ere, wind is really strong and I can't see down the street, going to be real horrorshow in the morning.
Its pretty much stopped snowing here now, just the odd little flurry. If it freezes overnight we will be f--ked though, well, i will be anyway, that little white thing is a bastard in the rain, so with snow it will be much worse, especially with the spinning out it did at 2mph earlier, but there is about 4 times more snow now than what there was then, plus i did a nice little sidways drift into that parking space, all evidence of which has been covered by more snow now, it could get interesting on the way to work, especially as i cant find my pair of hakka tyres on steel rims that i got a couple of years ago that i planned to use when and if the weather got really snowy.

Its snowing here too. Apparently.

Looked out of the window; nothing. My mate who lives 5mins away is saying its absolutely hammering down on his street.

Edit - Now its on my street too. Crazy!
What kind of tyres do you use in the UK? The same ones all year round? Here M+S tyres (mud and snow tyres) are mandatory in the wintertime.
Just normal tyres... We only have major snow a couple of days a year, so nobody bothers with snow tyres.

I did see someone driving along with snow chains earlier this year, but to be honest, there was only just enough snow to warrant snow chains
Same all year, because snow is pretty rare, at least on this scale.

Still a blizzard here, the last two winters I've seen the most snow I can ever remember in my life, global warming ftw.
I think this is the first Pre-Christmas snow In my lifetime.. or since I can remember
Quote from Kalev EST :What kind of tyres do you use in the UK? The same ones all year round? Here M+S tyres (mud and snow tyres) are mandatory in the wintertime.

We dont go in for the whole "winter" and "summer" tyres here.

Although saying that that hill sure made me regret it with my new Toyo T1R's
Quote from 5haz :Same all year, because snow is pretty rare, at least on this scale.

Still a blizzard here, the last two winters I've seen the most snow I can ever remember in my life, global warming ftw.

the last two Februarys have been awesome for snow, the most I can remember since the late 90s...this Feb was just amazing
Woop woop! Had a bit more here

Time to put the knobblies back on my mountain bike for the ride to work tomorrow I think.
So awesome!

I come from a country where snow is almost inevitable - However, this was my first proper snow I have seen in 5 years. Stellar!

Just came back from nearby park. Full of people, even tho its midnight

Funny to see the cars basically crawl and the drivers looking scared out of their lives.

Edit - Added picture. Taken about 40mins ago or so. Now its almost twice the "amount".
Attached images
P171209_23.39[02].JPG
I hope it snows here tonight, enough so that I can justify not getting up at 9am to go into work. Although it would be quite fun trying to drive to work if it did snow, last time it snowed I was really ill and missed all the fun.

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG