The online racing simulator
iTCC 2010 Pre-Season Race: Driver's Briefing & Race Discussion
Hi Racers,

This thread is a bit of info on the race today and also an area for guys to chat about the race ahead of tonight's program.

Points I want to make:

1. Use '$sc' to alert the admins
when you have a crash during the race from which you cannot recover. That means if you cannot move, or are on your roof, etc. Do not Shift+S or Shift+P. Go ahead and bind '$sc' to a button on your wheel or keyboard.

2. Take a look at my post on the race-by-race ballasting system which we're trialling today. It's a trial, so if it works better than last year we keep it, if not, we go back to last year's system.

3. The race is 8 laps in length

I think that's all for now

Cheers and best of luck everyone!

Joe Keaveney - iTCC Admin
#2 - Cawwa
Is the replay for the races available somewhere?
No worries Scott.
Just wanted to say that Yann Laprevotte, nº3, was correct when he said i passed him after SC come in, in the 3rd race. I didnt noticed at the time, but i still let him pass after giving it some thinking, and after realizing that i wasnt paying attencion to the SC.I though maybe he was right, so i let him trough.

Sorry about that m8, wasn't my intention.
#5 - Cawwa
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Your Name: 10 S.Mckenzie
Your LFS Username: Scott Mckenzie

Driver(s) involved: 10 S.Mckenzie, 43 R.Santos, 50 B. Holmberg

Description - Your opinion of what happened:

put my car in stupid place, 50 turned in a little causing me to hit 43. My fault for putting car in stupid place. Posted this here to say sorry to Rui

Which Event / Session: Race 1

Time of incident (e.g. Race 1 - 03:45): race 1 lap 1, on main straight few seconds after start.

I don't have any replay of that, but my memory says I was showeled back and forth a couple of times while trying to avoid cars by braking.
Sorry I hit you.
Was my fault not yours, you just turned in a little but had the right to.
Non-report posts in the incidents/protests thread have been moved here. Remember, the Incidents thread is for PROTESTS ONLY. Discussion is here, in the aptly titled Race Discussion thread.
Quote from JBiturbo :Just wanted to say that Yann Laprevotte, nº3, was correct when he said i passed him after SC come in, in the 3rd race. I didnt noticed at the time, but i still let him pass after giving it some thinking, and after realizing that i wasnt paying attencion to the SC.I though maybe he was right, so i let him trough.

Sorry about that m8, wasn't my intention.

Okay, forgiven

Nice races btw, the standards were stunning, everyone was being very clean(at least, at the back, we had np), so, keep it up guys
Well, that was interesting...

Failed in qualifying. After having one blazing lap ruined by one Hugo Luis I ended up in 16th........Pha! :doh:

Race 1......up to 12th in the first lap after everything went pear shaped for peoples ahead. I then managed to fight my way past Pecker and some other dude (sorry to you ) and was somehow in 9th . And that's how it finished, with me scared pooless that Pecker would catch me!

Race 2.....Started 9th, up to 8th or 7th in lap 1, and slowly worked my way up to 4th, thanks to the heavilly ballasted cars of Karolis and Hugo. If the SC had came out, I may have had 3rd as I was quicker than Dennis, just didn't have the time to get anywhere near him really.

Race 3.....Well, what can I say. Got caught up in the massive smash at the start, just collected a spinning like a top CoRe car. Had to pit during the SC, and struggled to regain any of the pace I had earlier with the 21Kg of ballast I had. The SC at the end upped my hopes a touch, but not much came of it. Fairly crap end to a bloody good evening!
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Was my fault not yours, you just turned in a little but had the right to.

I just got hold of the replay and watch this incident a couple of times. Actually I don't turn into you but I don't follow the normal outer racing line. As I see it you got a tiny punt from Santos and turned into my rear wheel. On the other hand I might wanted to cover the inner line and coursed this incident, I really don't know.
In T1 Santos come flying across my nose so we got even there ... lol
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

Nice races btw, the standards were stunning, everyone was being very clean(at least, at the back, we had np), so, keep it up guys

Was that a really really sarcastic comment or did you just get lucky and avoid the numerous incidents?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Was that a really really sarcastic comment or did you just get lucky and avoid the numerous incidents?

Actually, I found it rather clean in the first 2 races.
Lots of excitment, but also lots of excessive agressiveness... I guess everyone was pumped up for this, but some situations could be avoided by simply turning it down a little.
Anyway, see you guys at the 1st round, hopefully.
Quote from Cawwa :I just got hold of the replay and watch this incident a couple of times. Actually I don't turn into you but I don't follow the normal outer racing line. As I see it you got a tiny punt from Santos and turned into my rear wheel. On the other hand I might wanted to cover the inner line and coursed this incident, I really don't know.

When Scott hit me, i went to the grass, and i don't had the control of my car, i try to brake, but it was impossible.
I enjoyed all races, despite two DC's, last race i went up to 11th, which was nice.
I'd just like to point at Denis Lind, he called me noob for overtaking under SC (trying to get my position back.. my fault, sorry), while he overtook me few seconds before that, also under full course yellow and then did it once more, just with another driver. You should keep your mouth shut fella, it doesn't really help your "reputation".
Quote from Cawwa :I just got hold of the replay and watch this incident a couple of times. Actually I don't turn into you but I don't follow the normal outer racing line. As I see it you got a tiny punt from Santos and turned into my rear wheel. On the other hand I might wanted to cover the inner line and coursed this incident, I really don't know.

Maybe, I also forgot to save replay. All i remember was trying to put my car in a gap that wasnt made for a car to fit in.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Was that a really really sarcastic comment or did you just get lucky and avoid the numerous incidents?

I'm not even sarcestic.

Racing was really cool at the very back, trust me or not. Way more better than last season at least.

There wasn't even so much incidents in the 2 first races where I was BTW.
Quote from Puzzle :When Scott hit me, i went to the grass, and i don't had the control of my car, i try to brake, but it was impossible.

Yes I saw that in the replay ... we all got lucky there, could have been alot worse ...
Quote from Cawwa :Yes I saw that in the replay ... we all got lucky there, could have been alot worse ...

Ya, but now, let's hope, next time will be mutch better .
Quote from Wilko868 :Actually, I found it rather clean in the first 2 races.

First race was prety much perfectly clean. The second however was far from it.
Quote from scotty2888 :First race was prety much perfectly clean. The second however was far from it.

Yeah, I was already thinking that I was watching the wrong broadcast during race 1.
Awwghh god, the stream it's painful to watch, every crash I got caught into, my name was popping in the stream everywhere, the best one was the epic flip in the last race when I hit Dennis.
Quote from RiGun :Awwghh god, the stream it's painful to watch, every crash I got caught into, my name was popping in the stream everywhere, the best one was the epic flip in the last race when I hit Dennis.

That crash hurt. FFB decided it wanted to rip my hands off!
Quote from Kid222 :I enjoyed all races, despite two DC's, last race i went up to 11th, which was nice.
I'd just like to point at Denis Lind, he called me noob for overtaking under SC (trying to get my position back.. my fault, sorry), while he overtook me few seconds before that, also under full course yellow and then did it once more, just with another driver. You should keep your mouth shut fella, it doesn't really help your "reputation".

Niiiice said G!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG