The online racing simulator
#1 - zapz
[GT] Skunk - please come to the white courtesy phone RE: wrecking while spectating
So I was spectating [race is full] after joining the host [AA] Formula BMW. Two seconds later this guy was trying to ban me calling me a wrecker. At least I think that is what the accusation was. This is very odd as I was spectating and couldn't even enter the race lol.

So then the guy proceeds to accuse me of wrecking under a different user name and then rejoining as Zapz.

I told him he was mistaken and fortunately people didn't do the sheep thing and all vote me off the server.

Anyway I asked him to join me here to justify his outrageous accusations.

BTW I've been racing in LFS since the demo days and have always been a clean racer. Never once have I had to b!tch about someone here or on the old RSC LFS forums. But I'd like to know just how he came to the conclusion that I was a wrecker since I was spectating.

I tried to find him on LFS world to contact him directly, but there was no listing under [GT] skunk.
This isn't the best place to sort out these issues, whether you're right or wrong. If you press Ctrl-Shift you will be able to see everybody's LFS usernames in the connection list, then you can contact him in private.
#3 - zapz
Thanks for the ctrl-shift tip I'll use that next time.

I understand the the forums would be a mess if people came here to sort out their differences. However this is a little different as (1) I was accused of wrecking and I wasn't even in the race. (2) GT then accused me of logging in as Zapz after wrecking previously while logged in as someone else. That is the first time I've ever heard that one. How could he be sure? Was it just a guess? If he did have a matching IP or something then there is a a bug in LFS.

I don't think the guy was just randomly trying to mess with me. He seem quite certain of his accusations.

Hopefully he will come here and explain himself.
Send him a message or something, works better than posting on the forum, only ending in a ugly flamewar.. Just as a friendly reminder
#5 - zapz
Quote from The Very End :Send him a message or something, works better than posting on the forum, only ending in a ugly flamewar.. Just as a friendly reminder

I did try to send him a message, but I couldn't find an account by the username [GT]Skunk on LFS world.

Also I doubt there will be a flamewar as I wasn't even on the server for 10 seconds before I was voted to be banned. And I was spectating for that 10 seconds. There was no "who was right/wrong in this situation" to flame about. He either took a wild guess and though that I was the guy who wrecked under a previous username, or he had some kind of admin privileges and there is a bug with the IP address reporting.

After all the BS I ran a few races with him and put down some good times - 1:14.02 (BL1 / BF02) so I think he knows I'm no wrecker, but he didn't have the manners to apologize.

I would still like to hear his side of the story with an open mind - no flames, promise.
Flamewar was meant on the forum, and because one fool's opinion seems to be the rule of his 20 fans Take an good example and look in the picture threads..

Either way, don't think anyone have anything against you (never heared about you either so) hehe
#7 - zapz
Quote from The Very End :Flamewar was meant on the forum

Yes, I understood that. My point was there is nothing to argue about (on this forum) since there is no crash or replay etc. It is 100% logic that if someone hasn't joined the race, then they couldn't have caused a wreck.

This is simply a chance for [GT]Skunk to explain his actions. I told him/her that I was going to start a thread here and asked that he explain himself.

I know wreckers will sometimes vote to ban an innocent person to divert the attention from themselves, but [GT]Skunk isn't a wrecker. That is why I'm so puzzled.

Imagine you Join a server and have to spectate since the race is full. 10 seconds later and you have someone making accusations that you're a wrecker. It doesn't add up.
#8 - zapz
Well I have some closure...

I was on a server just now and so was [GT]Skunk. I reminded him of our little incident last week and when he remembered me, he threatened to ban me.

Once again I asked him to come here and justify this actions. Well it turns out there was a wrecker called spaz that had been wrecking just before I joined, so in his mind I just had to be the same person . It's just too much of a coincidence apparently...

So there you have it. Just prey that a wrecker doesn't have a similar name to you, least you be baned by [GT]Skunk for doing absolutely nothing.
Considering the size of the LFS community, this is a poor place to bring these sorts of issues. In future, PM.
#10 - zapz
Quote from neurolysis :Considering the size of the LFS community, this is a poor place to bring these sorts of issues. In future, PM.

If you bothered to read my post you would see that I did try to PM etc but he was racing under an alias.
#11 - th84
Please excuse the forum police, post whatever the hell you want.
So....What do you want us to do about it?
What do you hope to accomplish here?

I see no point to this thread.
#13 - zapz
Quote from RedCoupe :So....What do you want us to do about it?
What do you hope to accomplish here?

I see no point to this thread.

From my original post

Quote from zapz : But I'd like to know just how he came to the conclusion that I was a wrecker since I was spectating.

Hope that helps
#14 - zapz
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Any issues on AirAttack servers can be questioned at the offcial AirAttack LFS forum. Providing a replay is always advised - http://www.airattack.co.uk/portal/viewforum.php?f=24

Raising issues here, and naming other members, will not achieve anything. Votes bans last no more than 24hrs at worst anyway, when one is succesful, so this is hardly a life and death situation with your use of AA servers.

We all have better things to do then read a thread topic of "Help!.. A demo user called me a wrecker!!"

Thanks for the link to the AA website.

As for the rest of your post we'll have to agree to disagree.
[GT]Skunk used very poor judgment voting to ban someone based on the fact that they had a similar user name to a wrecker. That IMHO is totally BS and they guy needs to learn how admin if he is to be given any kind of powers from AA.

I've invited him to this thread three times now and he is obviously too embarrassed to show up. Honestly had he not been such a condescending
individual about the whole thing he never would have drawn such attention.

FWIW I think AA servers are great and appreciate all the effort from their end. It was (IMO) just poor judgment on GT's part but I'm not one to hold a grudge. In fact I only started this thread to hear his side of the story.
Quote from zapz :[GT]Skunk used very poor judgment voting to ban someone based on the fact that they had a similar user name to a wrecker. That IMHO is totally BS and they guy needs to learn how admin if he is to be given any kind of powers from AA.

Unfortunately for all of us, server admins are free to run their servers how they see fit. If they wanna ban you, they have every right to do so. I'm not defending their actions in any way, I'm just saying it's their server, they can ban anybody for any reason, and they don't have to account for it. I know, it sucks. But hey, at least they're not all that bad. If that happens, just find another server to race on. Or try to argue with them. But not on this forum, it never works out here.
for once im going to agree with th84! this guy has come here looking to sort something out.. Yes we all know that its not likely to accomplish anything and that Zapz has been mis-guided.

Sorry Zaps but there have been too many "X done this to Y and Z doesn't care so i want to ban X, or Y wants to try and ban Z for whatever reasons".

so just to leave a note for anybody who comes across this thread looking for a similar situation:

As somebody previously said.. PM / LFS World message will likely bring a more appropriate and meaningful outcome... failing that the servers forums (if they have some).

Ctrl+Shift will show player names. if you forgot to look at the time but have a replay, it can also be found from the replay.
#17 - zapz
Thanks for the support Franky! I'm happy that you actually took the time to read my posts and determined it was not your typical case of who was right or wrong in a crash situation.

As we now know it was a case of mistaken identity/human error.

I'm sure most of us would be very concerned to be accused of being a wrecker within the first 10 seconds of spectating. My first 10 seconds of LFS that day in fact.

For all I knew someone had hacked my LFS account or there was a bug in LFS.

BTW my PC is old so I don't save MPR's, but thanks for the suggestion
#18 - zapz
While I don't want to bump this thread up I need to set the record straight. The incident didn't occur on [AA] Formula BMW, but rather most likey on a NLR server.

I just wanted to make sure that [AA] Formula BMW's name is not in any way tarnished.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG