The online racing simulator
Ultimate Racing Cockpit!!!!
(22 posts, started )
So there I was, reading all these threads about new cockpits and build me a cockpit this and buy me a cockpit that, and it hit me, ladders!!!

I have an old set of alluminium ladders, a car seat and a box of nuts, and an idea was forming - "the ultimate cockpit"....

so I gathethered up my great grandmas old tools, and set to work with gleee.....

then i set to work with some old spanners and she was born, Im calling her 'Rachel'...

...end result, its like driving a zonda atop a floating cloud carried by naked angels, with little harps!

so have a good look in your shed, you never know, you could be the next 'me'!!

Peace.

ps - can also be used as ladders, multi-win!!
Attached images
IMGP2767.JPG
IMGP2768.JPG
IMGP2773.JPG
IMGP2775.JPG
IMGP2776.JPG
IMGP2778.JPG
IMGP2780.JPG
IMGP2781.JPG
IMGP2782.JPG
IMGP2783.JPG
Nice work

How long did it take ?
Hi m8 - did it in a morning really - lucky i had what i needed lying around - spent about £5 on afew hinges and new bolts. Its really improves racing games, id recommend it as a project, ask around for a nice old car seat, thats the important bit.

Peace.
haha nice one.
what is the wheel clamped too though? just the top step or something?

Now that is original, great work!
Really creative! Looks brilliant, well done.

I especially love "Can also be used as ladders!"
Wow that's great!

Logitech should put a ladder to every G25/27 for free
#9 - senn
Good stuff. And you're reusing old "junk" so it's kinda recycling. Very ingenious, thinking outside the box

how did you go about attaching the seat etc to the ladder, the photos are a bit blurry?
heheh - im goin greeeeeen!!!

OK the seat just sits on top of the ladders, luckily its a tight fit so it stays in place.
Also its quick to pack away when im not using.

The wheel is just attached to a small piece of wood thats connect to 2 hinges then to the ladders.

It got abit of flex but seems quite structurally sound.

The seat is adjustable because it still has the rails underneath.

Hope i inspire someone.

Peace!!!
Great thinking!

Lovely indeed.
Hah, that's great.
looks good man , the positions seems to be comfortable for racing. And for one day and no money its a great one. I have builded a cockpit too, spend a little more benacuse i builded a button box in it, but otherwise i had only payed 30 for paint soem screws and so. So if u have some parts allready at home its a realy clever Idea to make one on your own and not burning your money for playseat shit.

Here are some pics of my cockpit

^^ that is insane lol.

I have the same case as the OP =D
thanks, now i'm not ashamed of my sim-pit made with extra 2x4's, some wood screws and c-clamps.

that is actually an ingenious idea. i never thought of using an old ladder. i had a design i wanted to build using some scrap angle-iron and flat bar but it would have been too heavy.

rat-rods of sim pits!
a have a few questions:

How many ladders were harmed in the making of this contraption? &
How did you get your wheel to hover like that? i cant see anything holding it up ?? Now that really is genius.
Quote from CRC Snightlo :looks good man , the positions seems to be comfortable for racing. And for one day and no money its a great one. I have builded a cockpit too, spend a little more benacuse i builded a button box in it, but otherwise i had only payed 30 for paint soem screws and so. So if u have some parts allready at home its a realy clever Idea to make one on your own and not burning your money for playseat shit.

Here are some pics of my cockpit

i like the ladders better...
CRC Snightlo

Nice cockpit.
Like in a real car! LOL

What does your girlfriend or your friends say to it?
they tell me im crazy or realy loving it ^^
if anybody got inspired and need some help feel free to contact me.
Quote from CRC Snightlo :looks good man , the positions seems to be comfortable for racing. And for one day and no money its a great one. I have builded a cockpit too, spend a little more benacuse i builded a button box in it, but otherwise i had only payed 30 for paint soem screws and so. So if u have some parts allready at home its a realy clever Idea to make one on your own and not burning your money for playseat shit.

Ehm... see... that bowl beside the chair? Is that in case you get hungry?

LFS 24/7 ?

Lovely cockpit though! Really nice
Quote from Electric Eye :Ehm... see... that bowl beside the chair? Is that in case you get hungry?

LFS 24/7 ?

Lovely cockpit though! Really nice

Looks like his dash has no ashtray

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG