The online racing simulator
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Though, I think that both Tommy and Ken are too fast and too experienced for GTAL (Yes you guys are :P) Xcite should've understood that a no-reply doesn't mean a driver is clear to race. That's common sence. Or just take contact with some admin, there plenty of ways to do that. Pm here on the forums, IRC, msn/icq/skype etc.

I think the bold part is really important here. Whether or not Maddin15 is more or less of an advanced driver than Ken is less of an issue as they're making it out to be.

Maddin15 might still get cleared, but he was still an unauthorized driver in qualifying 1 and so that lap will probably still be disqualified. Note "unauthorized" vs. "advanced". XCite screwed up big time and are trying to make it look like they're the victims here, and that's not fair to NDR.

Yes, NDR screwed up (as they admitted), but you guys (XCite) used a driver that hadn't been accepted and that decision is fully your fault.
we didnt say that we make a big victim with that qualytime...
Only the reason isnt understandable for us. We have read the rules. and it is not our mistake if the admins didnt reply that he isnt authorizied to race...
We added four drivers to the line up after the first line up. One time we get an answer. thats why we touhgt it is all okay that we can drive with ALL driver in the line-up...
If they say that he isnt allowed we hasnt never let him drive....
Why the hell is Tommy being dragged through all the shit here? He has done NO IGTC or MoE races. I have a feeling that if he wasn't in a well respected team that there would be no problems.

People have to remember that being fast does not equal being experienced. I think this league is great for guys like Tommy/Kenneth to build experience so they can be confident racing in MoE / IGTC.

Also, Xcite guys, ye should have followed up your message to admins if they didn't reply. I believe that it's mostly your fault. And, you still have 1 more quali session to get that pole
X-site, manager and drivers, why bring it up here in the public forum? Why don't you file a complaint to NDR and let them make the descision?
It's too much bs in this thread. Tommy and Racer Hero have got their permision to race .... read the rules guys!!

I have no idea if NDR descides to let Maddin drive or not ... but at the end of the day it's THEIR descision!!
well the easiest way now is to disq the first qualy lap of me and let me drive.. well thats a compromiss.

Both makes mistakes so... we say now .. ok lets forgett this shit.. disq. our qualy time and let maddin drive..

i think thats the best desiscion...

ah god damn iti hate it to wriet english with thoose english skills
Quote from niall09 :Why the hell is Tommy being dragged through all the shit here? He has done NO IGTC or MoE races. I have a feeling that if he wasn't in a well respected team that there would be no problems.

People have to remember that being fast does not equal being experienced. I think this league is great for guys like Tommy/Kenneth to build experience so they can be confident racing in MoE / IGTC.

I think one of the major problems is that both Ken and Tommy are now in "major" LFS teams, and so the likleyhood of them getting regular IGTC/MoE Racing isn't that high. If they were in slightly less "good" teams, then they'd be straight into the MoE/IGTC squads and not need to be in GTAL. You've got to remember that this is meant to give people EXPERIENCE of Endurance Racing, not to see who has the BEST team

If Tommy/Ken aren't going to get it in MoE/IGTC, then where are they going to get it?

Sure, Ken drove MoE last race, but I don't think that'll be a very regular occurance [perhaps apart from 24h race], and he wasn't in any of their MoE squads up till the last round.
Quote from J@tko :

I think one of the major problems is that both Ken and Tommy are now in "major" LFS teams, and so the likleyhood of them getting regular IGTC/MoE Racing isn't that high. If they were in slightly less "good" teams, then they'd be straight into the MoE/IGTC squads and not need to be in GTAL. You've got to remember that this is meant to give people EXPERIENCE of Endurance Racing, not to see who has the BEST team

If Tommy/Ken aren't going to get it in MoE/IGTC, then where are they going to get it?

Sure, Ken drove MoE last race, but I don't think that'll be a very regular occurance [perhaps apart from 24h race], and he wasn't in any of their MoE squads up till the last round.

And why do you think that was sherlock? So he could drive GTAL maybe? Give your head a shake, Ken is certainly good enough for CoRe GT2 and everyone knows it, they just didn't put him in because he wanted to go into GTAL against 3 year olds so he can actually get a win.

Tommy id say is a different story but he was on the F1RST GT1 roster last race, apparently 1 GTAL race in a GT2 FZR prepares you to drive a GT1 XRR in MoE, all this step up crap is bollox for those two, it really isn't that much different and it really isn't needed imo.
I was a backup and didnt drive. Neither did I think I was gonna do MoE this season when I started in GTAL. The story is a bit different now, and that is why (as said) I am thinking of retire from GTAL. If I'm doing MoE on regulary the rest of the season, I see no point in driving GTAL on my side. I am here to learn to adjust the car and my driving through stints, and to be more consistant. But if Im driving in a "bigger" league, there's no point for me to drive here anymore. But until that happends, Im still here.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :And why do you think that was sherlock? So he could drive GTAL maybe? Give your head a shake, Ken is certainly good enough for CoRe GT2 and everyone knows it, they just didn't put him in because he wanted to go into GTAL against 3 year olds so he can actually get a win.

This was certainly not the case. We knew Ken was fast, but he didn't really have any experience in endurance racing, which we all know is more than just being able to drive consitantly for an hour at a time without crashing too much. He needed to get the other experience of learning to adapt to a setup that isn't necessarily his "ideal" setup and to work with another person on strategy, etc.

I do have to admit, though, that it's becoming clear that Ken will only drive this season in GTAL as he is showing the speed needed for MoE GT2.
Quote from banshee56 :This was certainly not the case. We knew Ken was fast, but he didn't really have any experience in endurance racing, which we all know is more than just being able to drive consitantly for an hour at a time without crashing too much. He needed to get the other experience of learning to adapt to a setup that isn't necessarily his "ideal" setup and to work with another person on strategy, etc.

I do have to admit, though, that it's becoming clear that Ken will only drive this season in GTAL as he is showing the speed needed for MoE GT2.

You really can't be serious, Ken is up there with the most active league drivers in LFS, hes done IGTC before, what more does he need? Hes the only driver in your MoE roster thats "had" to drive GTAL yet i bet hes in a better position pace wise than most of those guys were when they had their first race in IGTC or MoE. Plus you guys aren't exactly having the best of luck this season, the one team in MoE i wouldn't be worried about messing things up for is CoRe, so why you didn't chuck him in i have no idea, he must have come on leaps and bounds after that 1 race he did in GTAL /sarcasm. I know he's within the rules, that doesn't mean whats happened is right, i for one knew that as soon as he did his first GTAL race you'd chuck him in the GT2 car oh and look, hes was pretty much equal with the fastest lap in your GT2 team, you must think were all stupid.

And don't start about race craft, because that will already be there from the 2 years of pickup and normal league racing, if it isn't then theres no hope for him at all. He won't learn it in GTAL more than any other league.
Just gonna throw this out there, we were short on drivers for Westhill. Ken didn't even know he'd be racing until the saturday before Q1.

But thats cool that you always like to attack us and find little 'holes' in our team that are really trying to cheat the system or something when we truely are not.
Okay, so I'm in GTAL because I (IIII) I want to win, nothing to do with CoRe. Sure, say I am glory seaking, but theres nothing wrong with it. I am within the rules, therefore I can drive. kthxbai.
I am gonna quote these before one of his teammates seems them and tells him to edit them out

Quote from racer hero :Okay, so I'm in GTAL because I (IIII) I want to win, nothing to do with CoRe. Sure, say I am glory seaking, but theres nothing wrong with it. I am within the rules, therefore I can drive. kthxbai.

Quote from racer hero :You guys weren't catching the safety car, I was horning and pushing you to try and signal to go...

Quote from racer hero :Okay, so I'm in GTAL because I (IIII) I want to win, nothing to do with CoRe. Sure, say I am glory seaking, but theres nothing wrong with it. I am within the rules, therefore I can drive. kthxbai.

Don't worry Ken, this race showed fairly well why you should be in GTAL.
-
(Tomhah) DELETED by Tomhah
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF
Quote from dekojester :Car 18 and 04 are alongside on the run to T1, 04 moves right, 18 holds his line. Car 18 pushed into grass and spins losing many places.

Car 04 - Causing an avoidable incident - 30s Time penalty (post-race DT conversion)

Lets discuss about this one.I feel that this league turns into wrong direction.
Car 04 DID NOT CAUSE ANY INCIDENT !!!!
Quote from ivantod :Lets discuss about this one.I feel that this league turns into wrong direction.

Huh?

Have you seen the replay? You force deadline onto the grass in the braking zone when you have loads of room to your right

BTW d, 04 moves left, not right
Quote from ivantod :Lets discuss about this one.I feel that this league turns into wrong direction.

You had a ton of room to your right hand side where you could have given the Deadline car to your left a bit of room, but you decided not to and shove him off into the grass. Why wouldn't that be a penalty?
yes,i saw replay,and i didnt forced him,he choose to go there,it was his decision to go there.It is stupid to punish someone for someones else mistake.....
Quote from ivantod :yes,i saw replay,and i didnt forced him,he choose to go there,it was his decision to go there.It is stupid to punish someone for someones else mistake.....

No, he was side by side with you and had more than significant overlap with you from the start line. You should have given him room.
+30 sec on SC finished race is a bit too harsh.
Attached images
lfs_000015.jpg
as i said before,he choose to go there !I didnt have nothing with this !
This screenshot is one second before your screenshot,and tyres dont have traction on grass.
Attached images
01.jpg
Quote from ivantod :and tyres dont have traction on grass.

End of discussion.

What's he going to do there? He can either turn right or brake. Turn right and he hits you. Brakes and he spins.
he was on grass !!! Before brake point !!!

Quote from J@tko :End of discussion.

What's he going to do there? He can either turn right or brake. Turn right and he hits you. Brakes and he spins.

Maybe lift off ????
Quote from ivantod :he was on grass !!! Before brake point !!!

Maybe lift off ????

No........he was alongside you from the green flag. He had every right to that line and you shouldn't have shoved him off. The fact that he was on the grass before the braking zone proves you weren't giving him the room required.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG