The online racing simulator
Yellow Light of Death! (Ps3)
(39 posts, started )
So I was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on Playstation 3 and then I left it on for a while, now, it just died. I've had it for a while and now imma tell you what i'm gonna do for the time being.

Imma buy a new Ps3 for the time being then sometime in March(ish) my Dad said he'll send it to Sony. The good thing is that i get a new PSN acount.
Crap thing is that i have to start over, And i'm affraid people on my friends list would think i'm dead. :P

So my life is very boring these days
Quote from the_big_n00b :Crap thing is that i have to start over, And i'm affraid people on my friends list would think i'm dead. :P

must be very important people you are worried about there. how about for the time being you go outside a bit?
why don't you save yourself $300 and just send it in, wait a while, and then get it back fixed? You can't be away from cod for a while? You should check in with your real friends, they might think you're dead.
-
(the_big_n00b) DELETED by the_big_n00b
i know, but i'd like to have another ps3 :/
#5 - Migz
So when one dies he can use the other one?
Quote from Migz :Why? :S

Becuase PS3's are more reliable and better than anything else on the market.

Also, Skstibi... That'd make more sense with a 360 to have like 3 spares, so the other ones while they're off at RROD warranty, you can have one to play. PS3's are pretty good for reliability (Mine has been left on the better part of 90% of the past year and it works beautifully.)

Also, why a new PSN account? PSN accounts are transferrable, to multiple consoles (5 at one time).
#8 - Migz
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Becuase PS3's are more reliable and better than anything else on the market.

Also, Skstibi... That'd make more sense with a 360 to have like 3 spares, so the other ones while they're off at RROD warranty, you can have one to play. PS3's are pretty good for reliability (Mine has been left on the better part of 90% of the past year and it works beautifully.)

Also, why a new PSN account? PSN accounts are transferrable, to multiple consoles (5 at one time).

Not what i meant
I love PS3's and agree with you about being the most reliable and better then everything else.
But i mean why does he want to buy another PS3? Why not just send of to get his current one fixed?
And even so why is he only sending it away in March? :S
Dunno why someone would wait 3 months, but nothing can be said against having a spare PS3 around. throw a 500 GB drive in it and transfer all the movies you can think of to it. You have a perfect media center. The whole new PSN account doesn't make sense either to me... sounds like someone who just is misinformed about PS3 stuff... Sony's pretty decent with warrantys as well.
suks that you cant change your PSN name...

so that's why i want a new psn account
Can I have one too?
Neither 360 nor PS3 are unreliable, just turn it off once in a while, don't smoke in the same room, keep it in a well ventilated area and get rid of what dust you can without opening the thing up. Never had my xbox break on me, and never heard of PS3s that stopped working, just on PS3 you get insufferable lag on Oblivion it seems, where on the Xbox you don't get any lag at all.
sony don't have a website where you can go online and send messages to your friends and see if they are online or not??
I wondered how many posts it would take to drag the 360 into a thread about the PS3!!!!
About as long as a brand new 360 takes to RROD.

That'll be 14 months + then for mine
Quote from the_big_n00b :So I was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on Playstation 3 and then I left it on for a while, now, it just died. I've had it for a while and now imma tell you what i'm gonna do for the time being.

Imma buy a new Ps3 for the time being then sometime in March(ish) my Dad said he'll send it to Sony. The good thing is that i get a new PSN acount.
Crap thing is that i have to start over, And i'm affraid people on my friends list would think i'm dead. :P

Bah, when my PS3 dies, trade it in, go back to PS2 and PC :P
Quote from danowat :That'll be 14 months + then for mine

Ditto.

I think we all get the impression that Dawes wouldn't say if his PS3 had failed anyway, so let's just assume it has

@OP: Nice that they're going to buy you a new one, but who is Imma?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Bah, when my PS3 dies, trade it in, go back to PS2 and PC :P

That's exactly what I did, had my PS3 for 2 months and it died the other day, some freezing problem with the screen, traded it in for £130 (bloody ripoff considering I paid £180 :@ and that was with a £100 trade-in).... glad I'm back with my trusty reliable PC.....
i'm guessing his PS3 is out of waranty so he's getting a new one and then in 3 months time it will "become broken" and be sent of for repair / replacement under warenty but somehow the old one will be in the box
Quote from danowat :That'll be 14 months + then for mine

46 minutes isn't a spectacular amount of time

Also, my PS3 hasn't failed. Nor has my PS2 that I owned, nor did my PS1 that I owned. PS1 was never turned off as I played wrestling games and just never turned it off. PS2 had similar story, PS3 has a similar story as well just this time with FPS games.
i have my PS3 for about 1,5 - 2 years and it didnt failed for me

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG