Yes, Id like to have wind in GTAL
#26 - CSF
You drove in IGTC...?
<3 Wind.

Also, +1 Kev.
ye, 2 times chris
#29 - CSF
So I'm confused what are you saying?
im saying IGTC is alot more experianced, and so on.
Chmpf. I would do random wind. Like the LFS itself would choose the value but there always would be some wind.
Quote from xtraction :well not really, most IGTC competitors are alot more skilled than us.. and its not as equally difficult, shove some of us gtal in to igtc.. we'd get raped

I don't understand, I specifically mentioned the level of competition, then you go and argue using the exact thing I pointed out as the exception to disprove me.
ok then.. explain to me how it is as equally difficult
Here are some things that both GTAL and IGTC have that MoE doesnt:

Wind if it calls for it
Hardcore qualifying
No rejoinging after shift+p
safety cars to take into account
(fastest) qualifier must drive the race (no hotlap ringers allowed)

Really there are very few things where GTAL is "easier" than IGTC, which the one huge exception of the level of skill required for entrance.
point taken but still, where amatures.
Is it real or someone just played with some tools?
Should make a thread to ban R2s because it gives an advantage but is hard to make a set for. So since you are amatuers it shouldn't be allowed.

Or you know what, lets race on pit road speed limiters.

Come on guys, try to learn and improve, not complain and whine.
The current wind in LFS is too unrealistic to teach us s**t all. MoE doesn't use wind because it's too unrealistic, so both arguments are correct. We aren't being prepared for MoE currently, as they don't use wind, and this is an amateur league so there is no need for wind.
Quote from racer hero :The current wind in LFS is too unrealistic to teach us s**t all. MoE doesn't use wind because it's too unrealistic, so both arguments are correct. We aren't being prepared for MoE currently, as they don't use wind, and this is an amateur league so there is no need for wind.

But IGTC does, and honestly GTAL follows IGTC more closely than it does MoE.

And saying MoE doesn't use wind because it's unrealistic is pretty bollocks, they don't use safety cars, and they allow rejoining after you shift+p, both of which are very unrealistic.
Quote from pik_d :But IGTC does, and honestly GTAL follows IGTC more closely than it does MoE.

And saying MoE doesn't use wind because it's unrealistic is pretty bollocks, they don't use safety cars, and they allow rejoining after you shift+p, both of which are very unrealistic.

Go ask DWB why he doesn't use wind... He's said many times before that is the reason they don't use wind.
The same DWB that is also an admin of IGTC?
Because MoE doesn't do it doesn't mean we can't do it.

Because MoE does do it doesn't mean we have to do it.

Because IGTC doesn't do it doesn't mean we can't do it.

Because IGTC does do it doesn't mean we have to do it.

While we do take parts to resembe both series, we also are keeping it somewhat of a separate beast. It is designed to learn you endurance racing, and by taking parts of both series, we are attempting to prepare for both procedures-wise, but mostly prepare you simply for learning how to run fast, and not just for a lap or two, but for extended periods.

d
Wind all the way.
If anyone doesnt like it drink a cup of cement and harden up.
I can only imagine the whining if and when LFS gets rain
The wind model in LFS is far from realistic, which doesnt make it fun, imo. The wind in LFS is, as far as I know, not dynamic. The wind is like a fan, it wont change, and it keeps coming at the same speed over and over. The wind does only change the way the car behaves for the whole race. Its the same as driving with no wind, or much wind. All you have to do is to get a rythm, brake points, etc, and you're good to go. It might make it more challanging, but its not realistic. If we had proper wind, you might have needed to brake sliiiightly earlier or later in a corner, than you did 5 laps ago. Wind isnt constant in real life, which as far as I know it is in LFS. That takes away the point of having wind. You dont have to deal with it the whole race, just the first laps before you get used to how to drive it. The wind wont just out of a sudden be gone for a sec when you're gonna brake in LFS, like it can IRL. It wont go in circles, it wont change direction. It stays the same the whole race (as far as I know! :P). and from what I have noticed IRL compared to LFS, is that the wind in LFS makes too much impact.

aaand edit: As the wind in LFS is static, it will give some an advantage and other a disadvantage. The wind can make your setup awesome, or completely failure. That way, the wind in LFS atm is not fair. If you're lucky, you will have a damn good car for the whole race. If you're not, you will have a bad car the whole race. There is no way you can estimate where the wind will come from, its just pure luck. If the wind had been dynamic, it would give everyone advantages and disadvantages, and you would actually need to be careful, as the wind can change all the time.

double edit: This is not ment as whining about the wind, I just thought I could sate WHY I voted no for wind.
I have driven cars IRL with heavy vings, with almost no wind at all, and with a lot of wind. The difference isnt close to what it is in LFS from what I have experienced.
well said tommy.
Quote from Gil07 :I can only imagine the whining if and when LFS gets rain

if lfs had rain.. it would turn into dorifto mania
If LFS had rain, it'd be great, because hopefully it'd be realisitic.
Quote from JPeace :but it would have a hell of a lot of variables, intermediate wet, fully wet, damp etc.

with wind is more realistic, because in racing, you always have that variable, and its good that you wont really know how strong the wind will be, therefore making a more realistic league.

+1 to me

you're not even in the league

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG