The online racing simulator
cars changes
(21 posts, started )
#1 - nacim
cars changes
Hi!
I think all cars needs a 3rd brake lights such as racebout (in middle)
Attached images
Nouvelle image bitmap (6).jpg
#2 - e.M
why
it looks kinda cool
/thread
#6 - nacim
I think all GTR have new wheels because the XFR wheels and FXR wheels are the same and also that the wheels can be edited in-game and without softwares like BeSpoke.

sorry for my bad english i'm french...
#7 - nacim
that's great ! ! !
Attached images
Nouvelle image bitmap (6).jpg
this is all pointless, when racing no one looks at your wheels!, Right?,
Racing is pointless, whats the point in driving in circles as fast as possible.

Ofc it has a point, it's FUN. Just like changing your rims would be.
Quote from IKke5165 :...
Racing is pointless, whats the point in driving in circles as fast as possible.

Ofc it has a point, it's FUN. Just like changing your rims would be.

i agree!
<sarcasm> i want a mod that changes the way my fuellines are routed under the car! </sarcasm>
I like that garage background, looks cool.
I agree about the wheels - although I'm not a fan of adding changeable parts, a selection of tasteful wheel options that had a purely cosmetic effect (otherwise everyone would just use the 'fastest' wheels) would be a welcome addition.

Didn't LFS used to do this? I vaguely remember years ago (circa 2003) trying the demo and it having a few different wheels to choose.
Man, if only we could have changeable wheels. That could then lead to changable spoilers. Then changeable engine parts. Then bodykits. Then LFS: Rice Warzzz!
The difference is though that the style of wheels won't noticeable affect handling, but different spoilers would.
I like the idea (not the pic of the idea however). Many times I have been (no gay jokes intended) right up the ass of the driver ahead of me and even though I know the brakepoints my line is going to alter due to his actions. having a 3rd brake light would aid in adding another way to anticipate his actions, as I may not be able to see his rear lights due to being so close.

Plus all cars made after 1986 in the US and 1998 in the EU require them, Thanks Elizabeth Dole!

I guess you could argue that the XRT & XRG are pre 1986 cars and as such should not have them...
i agree with the brakelights thing, cause how hard could it be copying a bit of code and latering it a little bit

but the rims, no......:riceboy:
Quote from logitekg25 :i agree with the brakelights thing, cause how hard could it be copying a bit of code and latering it a little bit

but the rims, no......:riceboy:

You haffto redesign the models to have the brakelights have a proper "mount"
Textures for the new light.
Re-wrap the entire model for skinning becuase of your new light addition
Tell that new area on the skin to go bright under braking.

That's just a short approximation of what I think it'd need..

Code is never as simple as copy + paste. Unless you're doing idiot code where you should be able to avoid repetition of code like that by using functions or a more Object oriented model.
ooo, well, not really sure if i want it then....maybe on the list of things to do, just nnt now.

in the video the devs put out of the scirocco, diddnt it have a working 3rd brake light
That's fine and dandy, because the car was developed from the get-go for the other brake light... It's different when it's a change for what... a minor asethetic change?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's fine and dandy, because the car was developed from the get-go for the other brake light... It's different when it's a change for what... a minor asethetic change?

it's not really that big of a change though. in most cars, that third tail light is behind the back seats pressed right up against the window glass.

they wouldn't have to change the car's body at all, it would be more of a internal change... and they probably wouldn't even have to make any additional textures either.

that said, i'm kinda mixed on the idea. i'd rather they do something about the tail lights on the FZ... there's four of them, but only two of them light up when you press on the brakes. the middle two only light up when you put the car in reverse, and the turn signals share the brake lights.
#21 - 5tag
Quote from bunder9999 :that said, i'm kinda mixed on the idea. i'd rather they do something about the tail lights on the FZ... there's four of them, but only two of them light up when you press on the brakes. the middle two only light up when you put the car in reverse, and the turn signals share the brake lights.

If you put the lights on, brake, set the warning lights on and put in reverse gear all four parts of the FZ tail lights on each side are lightened up.

Officially this is since patch Z25.

Edit: I just noticed that in Z28 at least, the RAC has a third working brake light.

cars changes
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG