The online racing simulator
Weird light in Norway?
(70 posts, started )
Weird light in Norway?
say hello to our new alien overlords
One of the leading norwegian astronimists says he is 99.9 certain that it was a failed russian missile launch. This is supposedly being backed up by a russian military source as well.
I knew tor was an alien
weather balloon
A cloud of rage over TVE's house? j/k

Most likely a missile or weather
TVE jizzed.
What the hell you blame me for?

Most likely that is a Russian rocket btw..
#9 - 5haz
Resonance Cascade.

...I'll get my crowbar
Is Roger Waters touring at the moment?
Quote from audimasta :One of the leading norwegian astronimists says he is 99.9 certain that it was a failed russian missile launch. This is supposedly being backed up by a russian military source as well.

This makes sense. If you look at the time-lapse photos of which this is the best one:

it's a blue-ish spiralling light that rises over horizon before becoming a stationary spiralling white light. A rocket, which has suffered some kind of failure on launch and is spiralling up into the sky, the stress of which causes it to start tearing itself to peices as it gains height (hence the fact that it stops rising and the trail changes colour) and eventually runs out of fuel whilst still spinning madly.
Almost posted this topic. It's clearly the Large Hard-on Collider creating a wormhole... Coincidence this happened on the day of the LHC's first high power test?

Also, I want that pic wallpaper size!
Where would Russia be firing a missile?
Its pretty common that the Russians test missiles in that area So just a test, no serious business.
CADRED D:

Whats your name on Cadred Jim?
Quote from audimasta :Its pretty common that the Russians test missiles in that area So just a test, no serious business.

Except that the missile would have a self destruct funtion, it would be blown up well before it reached a point where it spun out of control like this. Otherwise it could end up hitting a populated area rather than just spin in the air harmlessly.
#17 - 5haz
Even after it blows up large chunks of it may still tumble through the atmosphere?

Although it all looks a bit too strange to me, looks a bit like a Vincent Van Gogh painting.
fortytwo.
Quote from Crashgate3 :A rocket, which has suffered some kind of failure on launch and is spiralling up into the sky, the stress of which causes it to start tearing itself to peices as it gains height (hence the fact that it stops rising and the trail changes colour) and eventually runs out of fuel whilst still spinning madly.

Strange that it changes trajectory so much between the blue and white phases though, isn't it? I don't know, it's impossible to make any kinde of judgement without knowing how long those exposures are.
What the hell..
Quote from 5haz :Resonance Cascade.

...I'll get my crowbar

I don't need to hear all this, I am a highly trained PROFESSIONAL.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Except that the missile would have a self destruct funtion, it would be blown up well before it reached a point where it spun out of control like this. Otherwise it could end up hitting a populated area rather than just spin in the air harmlessly.

Unless the self destruct function was broken too.
So you're deviating a bit from the standard operting procedure?

And weren't you meant to be there half an hour ago?
****ing hell! It's Lerts trying to create a wormhole!

Weird light in Norway?
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG