The online racing simulator
Surround Sound
(8 posts, started )
Surround Sound
I have a 5.1 setup and I like how Richard Burns' Rally has surround sound along with some other racing games. It's cool to hear the screeching rear tires in the rear speakers. It's a good cue to how much traction a player has. It is also nice to hear other cars around you.

For Live for Speed I have to enable CMSS 3D in the EAX console to hear all around me, but that it upmixed and not relative to the position of the sounds in the game.

Will Live for Speed have this feature eventually? I didn't see this in the Suggestions Log Sticky Thread.
:bump: bump!

i am looking for this feature also...thats my main suggestion, cause right now i have a splitter hooked up to 3 sets of speakers
Quote from logitekg25 ::bump: bump!

i am looking for this feature also...thats my main suggestion, cause right now i have a splitter hooked up to 3 sets of speakers

Yeah it would be great, but it seems that they are concentrating on physics, which is really important anyways. That is why I LOVE this simulation!
why arent more people replying to this....i would think this is a big thing
there's already another thread on this exact same page
Would be great to have, sure.

But I don't see the advantage really of it. Only thing I can think of, is hear where people drive, when you don't see them in your mirrors.
you can hear what tire is slipping, where your opponents are, which in turn will decrease amount of spins, and better knowelege of where your opponents are so you can prevent crashes easier.

is this an easy thing to do? if not then i dont mind it being a bit later....but it should definately come at some point. also, how much harder would it be to have a noise from the back come from the back speakers, but then you turn your head right, and all of a sudden its coming from the right speakers, or if you turn all the way, comes from the front.

that last one would probably be very hard to do, but if scawen does this, he will probably want it done right, like everything he does
+1 but imagine its probably been suggested before

agree with above if its not too hard then do it, if it is then it can wait till after the laundry list of more important things.

Surround Sound
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG