The online racing simulator
Quote from N!ghtm@re :Yeah that was possible on BL1R, but not on KY3.

And XRR will be at a disadvantage at south city. It's not going to be even at every track. Instead of complaining about your car not being fast enough go practice to get the most out of the car you chose. It's not the admins fault you chose the car that is at a disadvantage, the schedule was out when you chose the FXR.
Quote from racer hero :.... Instead of complaining about your car not being fast enough go practice to get the most out of the car you chose. ....

omg.
that is the smartest post you have ever made.

althought it did follow one of the not-so-smart ones...
Quote from z-ro 8 :omg.
that is the smartest post you have ever made.

althought it did follow one of the not-so-smart ones...

Psh, I think my "set wind to 0" post was much better.
Quote from racer hero :Psh, I think my "set wind to 0" post was much better.

I will always agree on that one wind to 0 is the smartest you can ever do :P
First time i experienced wind was IGTC at FE3, damn that was completely nuts! All the practice was thrown out the window, it was totally different to drive. Im a rain fan but not wind :P
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :First time i experienced wind was IGTC at FE3, damn that was completely nuts! All the practice was thrown out the window, it was totally different to drive. Im a rain fan but not wind :P

Then, you can imagine how I felt at BL1R, when I didnt even knew it was wind before 15 mins out in my stint I thought I had gone mental or something
My third ever league race (first endu) was that race Pearcy, was freaking awesome!
i heard deko is trying to get cracks put in the surface of KY1 so we can have water seepage in the 250 this year....
I think we should test it in the KY 125 first...
?
Quote from racer hero :And XRR will be at a disadvantage at south city. It's not going to be even at every track. Instead of complaining about your car not being fast enough go practice to get the most out of the car you chose. It's not the admins fault you chose the car that is at a disadvantage, the schedule was out when you chose the FXR.

This is not meant as a complaint about the car choice. He has already told that he likes to drive with fxr (even he is a pretty good fzr driver) I also feel the same way. We just point out for the league in general, that it seems wrong an unfair to choose to have a disadvantaged car (as yourself is admitting). We just want it to be changed. If we don´t say anything, it is never going to happen.

ps. many times i have heard a lot of discussion about balancing between fzr and xrr, so let fxr drivers make their point too.

I think if this is going to continue, to deliberately choose to make fxr as an disadvantaged car, it is better not to have fxr, but only fzr and xrr. That will make the whole thing much clear and real. Or only one car.
FXR is ment to be slower, because it doesnt require any skills. Its a damn easy car to drive compared to FZR and XRR, and thats why it is a little bit slower, because you can drive extremely consistant with it without any problem.
Quote from Tomhah :FXR is ment to be slower, because it doesnt require any skills. Its a damn easy car to drive compared to FZR and XRR, and thats why it is a little bit slower, because you can drive extremely consistant with it without any problem.

And that's exactly the point which isn't true.
Of course the FXR is generally easier to drive than the FZR or XRR.
But if you want to drive at the limit ( And you have to do this to have any chance with this handicaps) it's not easier than a other car.......
Quote from N!ghtm@re :And that's exactly the point which isn't true.
Of course the FXR is generally easier to drive than the FZR or XRR.
But if you want to drive at the limit ( And you have to do this to have any chance with this handicaps) it's not easier than a other car.......

It is. end...

And dont think that I havent driven the car... I drove two races last year.
at SO: I took over the car after 30 mins.. we were a lap behind top 10 and were last. After an hour, I was 5th or 8th (cant remember :P), and had the 2nd fastest lap time.
At KY: I started last with a DT. After one or two hours, I was 7th.

Its a damn easy car to drive on the limit, its just to push and push. It doesnt hurt you much if you drive of, and its not possible to spin it. daa'aa! :P
#40 - arco
Wait a minute... why not give the FXR the advantage for once? It's getting boring to see the FZR win all the time, so to see something else do that would be a breath of fresh air. You do know that in real life racing, when a car has been too dominant, it has happened that the car has been banned or restrictions has been imposed on it?

There been times that I thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will

hm hm hm hm
Well the XRR has been given a boost (25% -> 24%) and the FXR is in line with the MoE GT2 FXR that was given a boost from the previous MoE season.

The FXR was actually pretty competative at BL1, and might be again at SO and FE.
there's no "might", IT IS competive at SO :P And Arco, if you wanna drive FXR, sign up for iTCC!
You can most say that fxr sometimes can be competative to a very few tracks, but on the most it will always not be. It will never really have any advantage over the fzr and xrr on the tracks normally used in these kind of leagues.

Ps Tomhah, to say, that you don´t need any skill to drive an fxr to the limit. That´s just rubbish. Then you don´t drive to the limit. And what are you really trying to say with that comment? That all fxr drivers just do nothing???? ...and you are sooooo good. Come down to the earth BIG guy!!! :ufo:
Quote from pik_d :..................................The FXR was actually pretty competative at BL1, and might be again at SO and FE.

3 Hours of Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed (BL1R)
3 Hours of Kyoto GP Long (KY3) w/Boothy chicane
3 Hours of South City Long Reversed (SO4R)
6 Hours of Westhill International Reversed (WE1R)
3 Hours of Fern Bay Gold (FE3)
6 Hours of Aston Historic Reversed (AS4R)
12 Hours of Kyoto National (KY2)

So seeing your point of view the FXR should be only competative on those tracks ?. It might be 3 out of 7 tracks were there is a change the FXR can ge competative. On Kyoto for instances the lap difference is roughly around 2 seconds a lap. That is just too much. Now we might get close in the other 3 races, woohoo i am excited.

Now serious though you can agrue about it for all in eternity but it wont solve it. The restrictions in the FXR are too much on any track. All a FXR team can do is site out and wait until the guy in front makes a mistake. That aint competative, thats due to restriction.

Then people say you need to push it more. Well the car wont go any faster if I try too. The fastest lape currently in a FXR is 2.24.49. As I did a 2.24.31 as a pb and I have seen a 2.23.8 last night. What I am saying is there isnt any room anymore to push. Now what was the best time last night ? Ahh found it 2.22.24, that is more then 1 seconds a lape.

Quote from Tomhah :there's no "might", IT IS competive at SO :P And Arco, if you wanna drive FXR, sign up for iTCC!

Now stop saying the FXR is competitve because it isnt. Then there are guys saying well thats you choice of car so live with it. Or go drive the drive the iTCC.
So its competative on SO ?, thats 1 track out of 7. Its getting better by the minute.
Whats the point then having the car in the series if it aint competative ?.

If it was competative then people will use that car because as they say its easier to drive. Offcourse its easier to drive but due to that fact we make it not competative so people will pick the FZR or XRR ?. Sorry but thats bullocks. Drop the restriction from 23 to 22 and it still will be a challenge to keep up with the FZR or XRR. But at least we have a change of getting them.

As were we are now the FXR isnt gonna get anywhere but getting in the way, especially on the large tracks.
This is probably going to sound rude, but only because I'm too tired to not be blunt.

The better teams with the faster drivers chose the XRR (CoRe) and FZR (take your pick). Most of the FXR teams were going to be slower anyway, in my opinion. If a faster team had chosen the FXR it would appear more competitive because it had drivers who could go faster in it.

Also, if you made the FXR anywhere close to the other two at KY then it would absolutely dominate everywhere else (except for being even at AS). That would just be the same problem, though with the cars switched.

And finally, the harder cars to master should be more rewarding. The FXR is so much easier to get up to 98-99% than the other two (though "no skill" is too far ). I think the balancing is just about perfect for GT2, the FZR and XRR are imho just about equally hard in GT2 spec (not like GT1 where the XRR is an animal) and they seem pretty even here. CoRe could win just as easily as any number of FZR teams, maybe even EER (another XRR team) if they step up their game to how quick they were in Round 1.

Edit: added more rantings

Quote from niels1 :The fastest lape currently in a FXR is 2.24.49. As I did a 2.24.31 as a pb and I have seen a 2.24.12 last night. What I am saying is there isnt any room anymore to push. Now what was the best time last night ? Ahh found it 2.22.24, that is more then 2 seconds a lape.

No, M.Riis did a 2:23.82 and L.White did a 2:23.87 in the FXR in qualifying group 2.

The 2:22.24 was done by someone who has been in MoE and drove for F1RST. The fastest FZR time by someone who has never been in MoE was Tommy's 2:22.89, though My3id's N. McEvoy did a 2:22.62 and SCP's I. Todorovic did a 2:22.78. The FXR times are only about a second slower than these times.

The fastest XRR time by someone who has never driven MoE was a 2:23.08 by Optix's V.Verstreken, though of course Ken did a 2:22.67. The fastest FXR was 1.15 seconds off that.

The FXR is not more than two seconds a lap off pace here in the hands of a capable driver.
pik_d: I don´t think you are rude, you try to put an argument and that is fine

Quote from pik_d :
The better teams with the faster drivers chose the XRR (CoRe) and FZR (take your pick). Most of the FXR teams were going to be slower anyway, in my opinion. If a faster team had chosen the FXR it would appear more competitive because it had drivers who could go faster in it.

I think you base your argument on false datas. I think that there are pretty good drivers in some of the fxr teams, but maybe you don´t see it, because they drive in a car who has too much restriction.

[QUOTE=pik_d;1325142] if you made the FXR anywhere close to the other two at KY then it would absolutely dominate everywhere else (except for being even at AS). That would just be the same problem, though with the cars switched.[/COLOR]

Here I also think that you are wrong. To be really competative to fzr and xrr you would need 2% less air intake restriction. So if you reduce it with 1%, it wil still be hard for the fxr to match the fzr and xrr.
I have an idea:
If we could make some good drivers making a test in an fxr for 10 laps for example.The best drivers we know in this league could race (in a race situation) the fxr and try to make some good times.. Then we would know what is the real situation.

Racerhero, tomhah etc--show what you are made of.

I say 10 laps in the same layout (w/ boothy chicane) as in GTAL, because i don´t want a test in a hotlap set, which is not made for endurances. And there shouldn´t be used r2 in front, because that is not realistic for an endurance in a FXR.

After that save the replay and publish it to see, if there is any cutting etc.

Ps- They could also let others try their set. maybe just swapping so we don´t steel their briliiant set.

I can set a 10 laps race up at our 7karat server at 20 UTC tonight and tomorrow. Just come and we save the replays and publish them.
Are you seriously arguing about this? If you chose FXR, you get the slower, easy to drive car. Pick one of the others, then you need skill to drive it fast. If you don't have that skill, you drive FXR and try to be consistent. Simples.
Here is some data from first hand: I drove it 23.67 with mouse on my low-fps pc, and i usually get around .5 - 1.5 sec off when i get behind wheel on normal pc. I'm not MoE driver, i drove setup from setupgrid that i modified little bit for GT2, so not alien set, not alien driver and still i believe fx2 with current restrictions can go in 22.
FX2 is not that slow, but this is track where FX2 is in most disadvantage (of all GTAL tracks), make peace with that and practice more
Quote from fadeaway :Here is some data from first hand: I drove it 23.67 with mouse on my low-fps pc, and i usually get around .5 - 1.5 sec off when i get behind wheel on normal pc. I'm not MoE driver, i drove setup from setupgrid that i modified little bit for GT2, so not alien set, not alien driver and still i believe fx2 with current restrictions can go in 22.
FX2 is not that slow, but this is track where FX2 is in most disadvantage (of all GTAL tracks), make peace with that and practice more

Yes, i believe you. I also think we can come down to 2.22. high, with low fuel, maybe not for many laps. But what is fzr doing? Can they race with R2/r2 tyres and what are their laptimes?

Show me a replay of what you are doing. Use the wheel too.

Some us us can also do 2.23.67, even low 23, with a amateur set, but it is still to slow compared to the other cars, i think.

Or come tonight at our server. 7karat server at 20 utc. Best because we are talking about race sets, not hotlap sets.

I just want to have things in the right perspective, because it would be best if we all felt it was a fair league in general. Some tracks could be better for one car than the other, but not like that one car is very few times at the podium compared to the others, when we see the final overall results.

I HAVE EDITED THIS POST A LOT
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG