The online racing simulator
Momo FF fade out problem
(12 posts, started )
Momo FF fade out problem
Hello

I have searched the forum but among all the momo problems, mine seems to be unique (maybe its not even a momo based problem). But its bugging especially in long games.

The thing is the feel of ff "decrease" after sometime (which i cannot tell exatcly but it does not happen quickly). The vibration is there as strong, i can feel all the bumps and all but the "grip feeling" is almost gone as if my tires are all red and worn out over the place. However it does not come back to its original even when i pit (repair & tire change) fade out is not sudden it decays down slowly over time (or maybe starts after some major chrash or spin out) and does not regain back its strenght until i restart the computer.

It is not like %0 ff (hitting esc and %0 ff) but something like 5-10% where my usual setting is %45 in game and my logitech profiler is based on the settings at lfs manual (%101 overall str).

Has anyone encountered such a problem before? The wheel loses its "feel" during an endurance race and its hard to drive after (more like turning a ship wheel :P ) I would really appriciate if you guys can help me with this problem.

Thank you

*oh one more thing, i use a DIY shifter (ms sidewinder joystick) (h shifter program, non ff) probably it is not the problem since ff is good for about an hour to 2 or so and decays after that, but you never know
Do your power/ffb light's on the wheel dim/go dull when the ffb start's to fade??
i dont think they do although i cant remember the leds as i was in the race. as i said viration effects were strong as normal. it was the tire "grip" feeling and steering resistance that faded even after changing to new tires. maybe a bug in lfs?
what do you have the logitech software effects strength at? And what percentage of FFB you set in LFS? Keep the first at or below 100 and in LFS, it depends, but probably never more than 25% or you'll be overloading the motors.

Run 100% on both and overheating can be an issue, which will reduce FFB.

There is also good news, the faster the momo wears out, the sooner you can get a better wheel.. :P
Well i was also suspecting about some overheating - slipping issue inside momo. Since it does not seem to recover with a new car-tyre set in lfs and happens after some long time ( an hour+) I will reduce lfs effects to 30 from 45. But how can the motor strenght reduce with overload?
I can give some more information. Restarting the comp does not fix the problem, only letting the wheel rest for an hour or so does the trick. When the wheel is constantly used for about an hour or more it starts to fade its ff and when i let it to rest about an hour or half it regains its str back. I have %101 overall effects at profiler and %35 in game.

Is this wheel defective? I purchased it new, and i dont want to wait for 3 weeks before it comes back from maintenance in probably no better condition I could not ask for support from logietch yet since their mail server is down till 5th.
I bumped this thread because I have similar, but not the same problem.

Problem is that the wheel's ffb (grip) become weaker after wreck or crash with my car involved is happened in game. I mean it decreases instantly if, for example, somebody wrecked me on speed. And then I can't decently adjust it by ">" key. It become "ok" only after resetting a car (if I go to the boxes or if new race starts).

Actually it's not really a problem, rather one other annoying issue in a row of MOMO's annoying issues. And I can live with it but I wonder if somebody else or may be all of momo users have this. And of course may be somebody knows what causes it.

Regards,
Ichabot
It's called suspension damage.

The way the tires touches the road affect your FFB directly. So if the suspensions is smashed your FFB will also be smasehd
Quote from Whiskey :It's called suspension damage.

No, it's definitely not a suspension damage. First of all I know how car behaves with suspension damage and I can discern the difference between hardware and in game issues. Moreover last time when it's happened I have only body damages. But I'm sorry I misled you by my inaccurate explanation, it is not over after resetting a car, it's over just with time.

Now I think it's caused with overheating of ffb engine, probably it's kind of overheat protection system or something like that. When you get a blow FFB engine gives too much force on static wheel shaft, hence possible overheat follows.
Uhm, you can try to reset force feedback when it happens (shift + C)
Thanks for advice
Sounds like the problem I had
I was having the same problem on my momo before my Forcefeedback totally burnt out, i love forceback and always have it set to 200 in lfs and full in profiler. I noticed that after a while the ffb wasn't responding like it should and I was starting to make errors in my driving, as I almost completely rely on the wheel to find out where the rear of the car is at. everytime i started LFS i would have good ffb, but it would eventually go to the point where it was non existant, eventually it totaly failed.

Momo FF fade out problem
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG