The online racing simulator
Lordi!
(66 posts, started )
Quote from Vendetta :someone care to explain or give an example or something for us 'mericans

Trust me mate, your better off not knowing ants:
EUROVISION WAS FANTASTIC!

Haven't laughed so hard for ages.
Quote from Vendetta :someone care to explain or give an example or something for us 'mericans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 0hard%20rock%20hallelujah
http://www.herneli.org/Lordi.H ... Eurovision.2006.Final.avi (a bit better video)

For your information, "Eurovision Song Contest" is an annual stupid and crappy contest, basicly just every European country can participate on it with their own song and the people votes for the best song. It has been run for something 50 (?) years and ABBA and Celine Dion became famous after their appearances on it. Mostly the songs are something very horrible gay europop or crappy ballads but now "Lordi" was something very different with their monster costumes and hard rock sounding mainstream song which caused a huge hullaballoo in the media (some conservatives were even trying to get the band sued for Satanism) which is the funniest part. I thought Lordi was a joke and a protest to the whole shit contest but obviously people thought the same or then they just saw it as exotic music...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision
I intentionally missed Eurovision again this year because there's never any rock in it... doh!

I've just listened to Lordi's song and, well, he really can't sing can he. The muscicians where good though.

I see Great Britain managed to avoid getting too many votes again. Somebody ought to tell our Eurovision team that it's not a sport then maybe we'd do better.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've just listened to Lordi's song and, well, he really can't sing can he. The muscicians where good though.

That's the whole point. Lordi's music is kind of "mainstream crap" (at least for me but of course it's closer to so called "real music" than any other Eurovision crap europop song) but it's more about the costumes and the show. Yes it's very korn but it is supposed to be. Altough it is a real band and was a band 10 years before this, very popular in Germany for example.
It is proper melodic rock. It is actual music. By rock standards, mediocre. But relative to the other eurocrap, it is amazing.

Guys, please, believe me... there are many people in greece who listen to "visi" but we don't all listen to that crap. My friends and i are thoroughly enjoying that the fins beat us. thank you...
Rock 'n roll angels bring that Hard Rock Hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
Rock 'n roll angels bring that Hard Rock Hallelujah
In God's creation supernatural high

:headbang:
Sadly, this had to be done:
Attached images
lodri.jpg
Congrats Finland :headbang:
Even though I also liked some of the other songs, I think Lordi is a worthy winner.
#37 - Jakg
Quote from Priitmek :Too bad you couldn't listen to one of our radio channels.
The commentators were making fun of everything. Of course they were drunk!
I haven't had so much fun since...can't even remember..
Gratz to the Finns!

We get terry wogan!

i love the political voting

although the bloke from poland with the scores was asleep and the bloke from holland was high!

still cant believe Germany ripped of woody's peice from toystory!
Congrats Lordi/Finland. Well done You been waiting for this for what . . . 40 years but now . . . finally :headbang:

One thing . . . when voting . . . all where talking english more or less . . . except france illepall as usual
Very nice, i loved the song, voted for it!

Welcome to Eurovision 2007, codename EuroWoodstock
We Are The Winners Of... 6th Place, YES!!!
P.S. I voted for LORDI!! Twice
Quote from Becky Rose :I intentionally missed Eurovision again this year because there's never any rock in it... doh!

I've just listened to Lordi's song and, well, he really can't sing can he. The muscicians where good though.

I see Great Britain managed to avoid getting too many votes again. Somebody ought to tell our Eurovision team that it's not a sport then maybe we'd do better.

The thing is that Lordi are have good previous, and are f**king amazing.

Who did we send.... 50% of Uniting Nations (who I hadn't heard of until one of their songs was on some crappy non-chart thing (that takes in to account ringtone sales or something like that illepall ). *yawn*.

If we sent someone better, we could have at least got in the top half.
Quote from Julppu :Sadly, this had to be done:

I beg you... make it public!
Quote from duke_toaster :I beg you... make it public!

Done. Check skin-thread.
BIG :headbang: to Finland.
i was gobsmacked to hear they won.

but fair play to them, i think they are great.

i love rock, and groups with a great image. kiss are my all time favorite band, amazing live shows, killer songs and thats why they are still rocking today, 30 years on.

now where did i put those bat wings? :headbang: :bat: :bannana_g :rock_band
I was out last night at nottingham rock city and dj said they won and played song lol. Feel sorry i missed it now lol.

Their outfits remind me alot of gwar.

As for UK winning it, i doubt it, the voting is too political and no one like us haha

Lordi!
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG