The online racing simulator
Shootin' some ducks with the Sigma

Some recent ones:

First two with the Tamron 17-50/2.8, rest with the Sigma 30/1.4
Well I have a pretty important Rally shoot tomorrow and hopefully I'll be making some money from it if I get some good photos. Any words of advice from anyone who's shot a Rally before?
i havent but, use a high shudder speed, and pretty low apeture, use interesting angles, front and back, and try to get a little bit of motion blur, but not too much
Quote from logitekg25 :i havent but, use a high shudder speed, and pretty low apeture, use interesting angles, front and back, and try to get a little bit of motion blur, but not too much

So THATS how you make blurry pics

shudder - 1. To shiver convulsively, as from fear or revulsion.
i mean, high shudder speed to get the chrystal clear shots of the dirt flying and all of that, but in some pictures also have a little bit lower shudder speed so you can have a nice wheel blur or something...

look i said i havent been shooting in a rally
Quote from logitekg25 :i mean, high shudder speed to get the chrystal clear shots of the dirt flying and all of that, but in some pictures also have a little bit lower shudder speed so you can have a nice wheel blur or something...

look i said i havent been shooting in a rally

Its "Shutter", not "Shudder"
Having just finished work that started at 8am, I'm pretty pleased with my days work. Photos shot, processed, edited, website created, domain setup, hosting sorted, all online in only....... 16 hours.

Why did I decide to do this.

http://www.mcintyre-rally.co.uk/
"photos," not "photo's", Jack.
Nice watermarks with cars.
Quote from Blackout :Nice watermarks with cars.

Indeed, but I find the cars a bit distracting
hehe! A journalist friend of mine, yesterday, asked me:

"Why don't you watermark your photos?"

"I use another form of built-in theft protection." I said

"Oh cool! What method?" he asked.

"They're SHIT!" I explained.

-----

I'm headed to Whitby tomorrow with a couple of friends to take photos. Can anyone between Bradford and Whitby/Scarborough tell me what the rivers in the area are like at the moment? Are there any good places to go for some abstract swollen river shots? I'm assuming the Ouze at York will be swollen.. is it flooded? And if so, where would people recommend parking? Clifford's Tower car park?
Quote from SamH :hehe! A journalist friend of mine, yesterday, asked me:

"Why don't you watermark your photos?"

"I use another form of built-in theft protection." I said

"Oh cool! What method?" he asked.

"They're SHIT!" I explained.

Had a guy tell me the other day that my camera takes nice pictures.

I told him his mouth makes nice comments.

Quote :I'm headed to Whitby tomorrow with a couple of friends to take photos. Can anyone between Bradford and Whitby/Scarborough tell me what the rivers in the area are like at the moment? Are there any good places to go for some abstract swollen river shots? I'm assuming the Ouze at York will be swollen.. is it flooded? And if so, where would people recommend parking? Clifford's Tower car park?

I would guess the rivers are probably wet.

I need to get out with the camera. I haven't done much of anything with the camera lately. I think the most I've done was take some snaps of my "new" car to send to the insurance company as proof to what shape it is in so I can get deer coverage.
On a gear wankery note...

Looks like parts of the Pentax 645D manual were leaked early this week. We're looking at a 39MP medium format digital, reverse-compatible with the existing 645 and 67 (w/ adapter) lenses, probably weather-sealed. Likely $8-10k. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Also I guess RED finally announced their Scarlet line.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/1 ... iced-detailed-and-wanted/
First shots with the K-x and the DA 40 Ltd. pancake.

This is an incredibly fun and lightweight kit for street shooting. After carrying my K20D and K-7 around, both with grip, for several months... this feels entirely different.

I can't complain about the IQ one bit.

These were all developed from RAW in LR3B:

12 (ISO3200)
Some more recent stuff.
Depressing christmas...

Quote from SamH :Photography news for UK users: http://www.independent.co.uk/n ... this-picture-1833127.html

Saw this in another forum.

However from the Met site we have this little gem

Quote :
Freedom to photograph/ film

Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel.

All together now.........DOH!
The current problem seems to revolve around the police's own officers not understanding the regulations and not being smart enough to make a good judgement call.

Anyone shooting in the UK should download, print and keep this "bust card" PDF in their wallet. Show it to the cop that wants to take your beloved camera off you or arrest you for taking photos and hopefully you'll cut down on the amount of time wasted by the pigs: http://photographernotaterrorist.org/bust-card/
Thanks for the independent link Sam. Glad to see this destruction of our freedom has finally hit the headlines.
Quote from SamH :The current problem seems to revolve around the police's own officers not understanding the regulations and not being smart enough to make a good judgement call.

Anyone shooting in the UK should download, print and keep this "bust card" PDF in their wallet. Show it to the cop that wants to take your beloved camera off you or arrest you for taking photos and hopefully you'll cut down on the amount of time wasted by the pigs: http://photographernotaterrorist.org/bust-card/

Got something like that as well, took me a freaking age to find it though as it was on my old pc.
Attached files
ukphotographersrights-v2.pdf - 167.8 KB - 236 views
my cousin is a good photographer, and should probably have one.....where can i get one for the us? (if it is needed i really dont know :really
Hey guys,i'm planning to sell my 55-250 IS and buying a 70-200 2.8 EX HSM(just that) Sigma.
Does anyone here have this lens or knows anyone who shoots with it?
I know it should be pretty good,at least compared to my canon telezoom,but im still trying to figure out what version should i look for.
I surely want it to be second hand,because there is no way i can get one new(prices start at 550 €).
Back in May i had the opportunity to buy one for 280€ but i didn't have the money to conclude the deal so i gave up.
Help me,is it a good lens?Since i found nothing about it on the internet im quite suspicious,and,after all,sigma isn't very famous for being reliable,isn't it?
Sooooo,suggestions,questions,anything,but help me not waste my precious money
I have the Macro HSM II version. It's a good lens... pretty soft at 2.8 on the long end, but decently sharp wide open on the short end up to about 150mm. Reportedly the earlier models are sharper at the expense of no "macro" mode.

Unfortunately it's been in for service twice. First for a failed HSM and second for bubbles between the front lens elements (element separation). Still in for that second one, actually.

It's a big, heavy bastard. You're not gonna want to carry it around for street shooting or anything. Tripod or monopod definitely recommended.

I got mine used for $600.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG