The online racing simulator
Driving Force Pro
(7 posts, started )
Driving Force Pro
Hi all.

Ive just started to use LFS again, but my DFP wheel seams to change up too many gears. For example, from the start line ill hit gear up (behind the wheel) get to the end of 1st, hit gear up again and be in either 3rd or 4th gear.

Now, this causes me two problems: Slower lap times, and people nearly hitting me because im too slow from certain bits of the track?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Increase the gear shift debounce setting in Options -> Misc. Also perhaps a bit of contact spray for your gear shifter/paddle switches.
Quote from marsden1002 :Hi all.

Ive just started to use LFS again, but my DFP wheel seams to change up too many gears. For example, from the start line ill hit gear up (behind the wheel) get to the end of 1st, hit gear up again and be in either 3rd or 4th gear.

Now, this causes me two problems: Slower lap times, and people nearly hitting me because im too slow from certain bits of the track?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I had a similar problem with my wheel a couple of years ago and it's just started to do it again. For me it's the little micro switch behind the plastic paddle. What I had to do is take the wheel off and replace the micro switch with a new one. This might not be the problem but it has been for me. If you need a switch, let me know as I have loads
Ill try what the above post said. It shits fine, just double shifts sometimes!
Quote from marsden1002 :It shits fine, just double shifts sometimes!

Yet another Kellogg's All Bran(tm) success story.

IIRC, the debouncing adjustment option was introduced to remedy such controller problems.
Lol, maybe i should re-read what i have posted!!

Yep, it works fine, althou i have had to place it at 250ms to get it to work on all cars

Thanks
That's pretty high actually and might be hindering in cars like the BF1. Perhaps some hardware tinkering is required: either attempting to clean the switch without removing it or just completely replacing it as StableX mentioned.

Driving Force Pro
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG