The online racing simulator
Multiplied Fuel/Tire Wear Rates
Sorry if this has been suggested before but I couldn't find it in the Log.

NR2003 and rFactor/F1C have options to increase fuel and/or tire wear rates beyond normal values (up to 4x in NR03, up to 7x in rF).

These would be IMO a better way to force pitstops than just the current system where, if it's a short race, a driver can fuel up for the whole distance and simply stop for 1 second and be done.

With multiplied rates drivers in shorter races would have to preserve their tires better AND plan their fuel strategy. Pit stops would actually mean something, and provide an added challenge to drivers. It would break up the somewhat dull action of the faster cars and make longer races (ie. 20 lappers) more appealing than the short 5 or 10 lappers we see now.

What do you think?

It doesn't add to the realism of the game, but it does compress all of the action of long real-life races (meaningful pitstops and fuel/tire strategy) into the shorter races that us LFSers drive in.
While it's not the most realistic, I do like the idea. I like forced pit races, but just stopping for one second in the pits isn't exactly what I'm looking for.
+1
How about a "god mode", where the admin could drain someones fuel, or lock their emergency brake, or pop their tires?
The admin can give stop&go penalties, drive throughs and can let you spectate. I think, thats enough.
I think random activities like accidentely wrong tire installation would be cool.
But only if you're not affected. IMO, adding "random failure" to the game wouldn't make the driving experience any better. I mean, yeah it's really fun that you just lost this race because Random(1000) returned 1.

@Topic: I see the use of such a functionality, but I doubt it will ever be in LFS.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I think random activities like accidentely wrong tire installation would be cool.

Awful idea. What would be the point?illepall
well, it just gives an extra touch, so IF you have a problem like that, or an electronic failure, so that you cannot see your amount of fuel or something, that you will have the feeling of WOW, i came in 2nd WITH an error :P
It's just an idea...
IMHO multiplied wear rates are not realistic and shouldn't be in LFS.

On the subject oft the random failure thing, I also thought about it a while ago and the only way I might (I say might) want it included, is if you can make a performance/risk decision yourself. So for instance in the BF1, you could go for a thinner/lighter steering rack, with an increased risk of malfunctioning. Same sorta options for the engine/drivetrain.

Just having random failures wouldn't add anything to the game. Making the risk evaluation yourself would at least give you an "a well, I tried" kinda feeling.
instead of having ingame failures you have disconnects or pc failures. it's enough for me ;D

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG