The online racing simulator
#1 - taz11
just a little tweak help needed for drifting
Hi guys
So, Ive had lfs and the g25 for around 2 weeks right, and thankfully, i've picked up the art of drifting..look

Obviously, im no pro, im still leaning of course, at the moment, im just playing around with the settings until im satisified.
The problem is, when the tires are warm, and they start smoking, my car gets really difficult to control, the angle and everything increases, but spinning is aloooot more frequent. Its much harder to hold the drift....Is there anyway, in terms of settings, that this can be reduced for a more controlable drift when the tires are warm? I mean, the car is still contraollable, im sure the pros would be able to handle it, so do you think its maybe just practice that I need?
To describe how it is, basically, i turn the wheel, a little bit of power, and the thing will throw itself sideways, and often will spin, even with the slightest bit of power..remeber, this is only when the tires are really warm.
Learn to control your throttle.
^

Dont just step on the gas and hope not to spin.

Play with it.
#4 - taz11
yeah, sorry for the dumb question guys, ive been practicing since I posted this and yeah, its all about control...im getting better...thanks anyway guys.
haha it's not really them 'getting warm'.

Race tyres have a high operating temperature... so they start off cold and you flex the shit out of the sidewalls etc and they heat up, pressure increases due to gas expansion etc

Street tyres on the other hand (which is what the XRT uses) have a really low operating temperature, so you can drive along at 20km/h like a grandma and they will still perform 'at their peak' when you slam on the brakes or whatever else.

So what you're doing is absolutely frying the tyres way beyond their operating temperature, that's why it gets so hard to control, they aren't designed to work at that temperature, that's why you can only do a burnout in 1st in a lot of cars until you really start making some smoke and then you can slam it up through some gears hahahaha

Throttle control is the key, as you already know

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG