The online racing simulator
S3 and buying S2 now
(68 posts, started )
Quote from MudPuppy :I'm stuck; I got S1, I don't want S2 yet as there is no rally cross content in it yet.

If S3 comes out and there's RC content then I don't want to buy S2 to get to S3.

I guess I am saying if the devs don't support what I wanted to buy then I don't buy it, and that seems fair enough. If S3 comes out without RC content I don't want that either. It's about having choice.

If what I wanted is not supported in S2 why would I need to support S2?

The Devs choose to support end users or not, so end users should get same choice to support Devs or not. That is at least equitable.

Can you imagine having to buy MS Office to qualify to buy Windows7? No, neither can I, since it is not even a remotely realistic proposition!

I thought that you have to buy Windows to be able to MS Office tho... Which is kind of... Buy the base, to be able to buy extra content - matters for LFS too, doesn't it?

On topic: I don't know what you expect in the official LFS forum. Everyone would tell you to buy as soon as you can, and so would I, if it wouldn't sound so banal already..
#27 - V16
Another bonus of getting S2 is that if you're disappointed with it, and end up not getting S3 when it comes out, you'll save 12 pounds.
Whatever way you look at it lfs s2 is a bargain if you love your driving.

I am a right tightarse but I still never moaned about paying £12 for S1 and another £12 for S2. It gets boring just like any sim, but the amount of free updates and patches that we have had over the years have pretty much transformed lfs and I cant wait to see S3
Just buy it. With the current content, you`ll be playing it for at least a couple of years and not fully exploring the finer points.

By the time whatever passes for "S3" content arrives, you`ll still be wondering how you an improve your times on the current version.
blah blah ... if you do not buy today will buy tomorrow
Quote from EliteAti :Every Licence stage costs 12£ which is bargain anyway. so it will cost you the same if you buy S1\S2 now and then S3.

if thats the case, S4 would be over-priced.
Quote from SL1DE :if thats the case, S4 would be over-priced.

Not when it is offset for long-term users over the length of time they have already been playing.
Quote from SL1DE :if thats the case, S4 would be over-priced.

48 pounds - overpriced?

Dude, take a look at shops, shit games like NFS: Shit cost more than 48 pounds.
By the time S4 comes out, the PS4 and Xbox 720 would be out with games costing like £60 brand new. If S4 was £48, it would still be considered a bargin.
You also have to look on the development time and amount of patches / extra content in the game since first release. It's a good amount of work, so whatever the price will be - it ain't overpriced.
wait? S2 - S3 is $20 (us dollar) but what i am angry at is this: They are adding ONE car and ONE track, that is just an addon in my mind, so to try and make smoke and mirrors they are taking cars from s1/s2 to make it look even, THOUGH they have really only added ONE car ONE track... total crap..
Quote from Scorpio12344 :wait? S2 - S3 is $20 (us dollar) but what i am angry at is this: They are adding ONE car and ONE track, that is just an addon in my mind, so to try and make smoke and mirrors they are taking cars from s1/s2 to make it look even, THOUGH they have really only added ONE car ONE track... total crap..

Nobody is forcing you to buy it, as the devs themselves said it.

There will most likely be added more cars and tracks to S3 so if you aren't satisfied with the original new content when S3 is released just wait until they add something you want or don't buy it at all. Simple.
Quote from Scorpio12344 :wait? S2 - S3 is $20 (us dollar) but what i am angry at is this: They are adding ONE car and ONE track, that is just an addon in my mind, so to try and make smoke and mirrors they are taking cars from s1/s2 to make it look even, THOUGH they have really only added ONE car ONE track... total crap..

Where does it S3 is the new car and track? ......in some other post I missed.

The new car and track will be an update to S2. .....the car will.

Read what the devs post, not what people speculate about or talk about afterwards.
Quote from garph :Where does it S3 is the new car and track?

The new car and track will be an update to S2.

Read what the devs post, not what people speculate about or talk about afterwards.

No, the new track will be S3. The Scirocco will be S1, but there will be another new car that will be S3 as well. So, initially, S3 will consist of a new track and a new car, like Scorpio says.
Really, got a link for that info please? Would like a read
I have always thought we should stop using the word track and start using the word environment or location. Rockingham will provide 5? "Tracks" without taking into account a reverse option.

Is South City 1 track? No, it is 6, arguably 12.
Quote from garph :Really, got a link for that info please? Would like a read

I think it's buried somewhere in the "Rockingham coming to LFS" thread. I'm not gonna dig for it; believe it, don't believe it, whatever you fancy

EDIT: from the LFS.net page:

Quote :One important thing we must mention is that to access Rockingham in LFS, users will need an S3 license. We have added the BMW Sauber F1.06 to the S2 license and will be releasing the VW Scirocco for the S1 license as free updates. We realised that at some point we need to move onto the S3 license and it would be better for the community to be able to start using S3 content sooner rather than later. The current plan is to also include another car in the initial content of the S3 license.

Quote from garph :Really, got a link for that info please? Would like a read

What you have been told is correct. The new tyre physics will be given to absolutely everybody including demo users. The VW will be given to S1 or S2 licence holders (I can't remember which) and Rockingham+a new currently unspecified car will be the initial content for a S3 license.
No not saying I don't believe you, just that I must have missed it, ta.
Quote from SmegFirk :I have always thought we should stop using the word track and start using the word environment or location. Rockingham will provide 5? "Tracks" without taking into account a reverse option.

Is South City 1 track? No, it is 6, arguably 12.

I believe the distinction within LFS is between circuit and track. Rockingham is the track, "Rockinghame Short" or whatever the configurations will be named, is the circuit
i think there should be an upgrade discount to whoever has S2 as of - now. (any later, no discount) and the new TRACK is Rockingham - the 5 LAYOUTS are what you are talking about
Why that? The price is allready lower than most games out nowdays. And upgrading S2-S3 is not much.
1 thing i can surely say. I dont care what S3 will include i will buy it. I'm playing this game since beginning. I can give 12 more pounds for them, It worths every penny
Why is everybody so convinced that S3 will cost additional £12?? Why not 14 or 16? Stop presenting your pretty bad guess as a fact!!
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Why is everybody so convinced that S3 will cost additional £12?? Why not 14 or 16? Stop presenting your pretty bad guess as a fact!!

My thoughts exactly

S3 and buying S2 now
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG