The online racing simulator
Optix Racing - News and Updates
(24 posts, started )
Considering that I'm on break and cant be ok MSN or LFS that much I've decided to create a thread about this.

Anyone who doesnt know what Optix Racing is: After the fall of Clockwork Motorsports, Sean and I have recently decided to continue our venture in GTAL under a new team.

Optixs so far is not a team outside of GTAL as we have no future plans once GTAL is over. However, if the current members of Optixs wants to maintain this team then I will welcome it.

Current members are:
Me (lizardfolk)
xtraction
SAxor
Proa2414
WackoZacco
oscarhardwick

Please discuss any non vital GTAL information (such as current pace, activity, etc) here (skins and sets will be shared on MSN).

Of course, if any other people want to join Optixs I'm willing to recruit as well.

This is my current situation:
My school is now closed due to thanksgiving break and I unfortunately dont have my wheel with me. So for an entire week I'll be taking a break from LFS. However, I do expect you guys to still practice and if you want me to be in the practice session with you I will gladly join any date you set

EDIT: Here's our forum: http://optixracing.freeforums.org/index.php
Sean must have been really busy on these days... Leaving SRLT 20 days ago, then joining 4Stroke, leaving it 5 days after in order to join Clockwork, taking the management of Clockwork after it virtually closed, before letting it die a few hours later, then announcing his retirement from LFS on MSN.... And FINALY, a few days later, setting up a brand new(?) team, Optix Racing, with some ex-Clockwork folks....

Internet - Serious business:rolleyes:
#3 - Foqs
ohh yeah, another SRLT/Clockwork/Rebel-Blood thread.
Quote from Foqs :ohh yeah, another SRLT/Clockwork/Rebel-Blood thread.

Don´t forget all the stuff (The Stig) was involved in.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Sean must have been really busy on these days... Leaving SRLT 20 days ago, then joining 4Stroke, leaving it 5 days after in order to join Clockwork, taking the management of Clockwork after it virtually closed, before letting it die a few hours later, then announcing his retirement from LFS on MSN.... And FINALY, a few days later, setting up a brand new(?) team, Optix Racing, with some ex-Clockwork folks....

Internet - Serious business:rolleyes:

Pretty much. Although you have to admit Sean is fast. It's one of the main reasons why I opted to stay with him in GTAL.

But GreyBull (and others out there) please look at it this way. Clockwork held the #13 team slot. GTAL is a great league to learn more about GT endurance racing. So deko and NDR gave us an ultimatum. Find, more drivers, prepare accordingly or else.

Sean and I wanted to stay in GTAL. And the chance of me getting another ride is 0 because 1. I'm not alien fast (or fast at all really) and 2. Most if not all of the lineups are filled. So Sean contacted me with a request to join him (he's fast keep in mind) in GTAL. I said fine because I want to race in a respectable league with fast drivers and gain more experience. Signed two new drivers (and one of them relatively on good pace). Also note that the only ex-Clockwork Member is me. No one else

So here's Optix Racing. This is not a team outside of GTAL and I created this thread because I wont be on MSN much cause of Thanksgiving break. This is to let all the other Optix Racing guys know that I haven't forgotten about this and to remind them to please practice.

So while it really doesnt seem like Optix is a serious venture because of Sean's involvement Greybull, please note that this is a desperate attempt at securing a place in GTAL. So yes, this is serious business in fact, all of us are working hard to try to gain some organization around this team so we dont make a complete fool of ourselves when GTAL R2 comes around.

While this thread is easily misunderstood, I would appreciate any other heckling away from us please.

Quote from Foqs :ohh yeah, another SRLT/Clockwork/Rebel-Blood thread.

What? Are you accusing me of team hopping or spawning?

Throughout my ENTIRE LFS career I've been in:
Storm Racing
Clockwork Motorsports

and the only team I've made is Clockwork Motorsports (which lasted a little less than a year).

Regardless of what others may think Clockwork Motorsports was serious team. We have have been backmarkers but we all tried our best with what we've got and we've managed to avoid almost all drama until recently.

Quote from Deutschland2007 :Don´t forget all the stuff (The Stig) was involved in.

Since when was the Stig involved with Clockwork or me for that matter? the mob mentality in this forum is absolutely astonishing at times. :rolleyes:
#6 - pik_d
Lizard, they're pointing out the forum drama that all teams mentioned create, not saying that they are related or share common members.

I thought Sean was in Clockwork for a short amount of time, doesn't that make him ex-Clockwork?
Quote from pik_d :Lizard, they're pointing out the forum drama that all teams mentioned create, not saying that they are related or share common members.

But Clockwork's drama was internal and concerned no one else. And as far as I know that's the only drama we've had throughout our entire run. I mean we tried our best to act professionally even if we were horribly off pace occasionally.

Quote from pik_d :I thought Sean was in Clockwork for a short amount of time, doesn't that make him ex-Clockwork?

Yeh, left that out accidentally. You're right. Half of Optix's lineup is ex-Clockwork. But what I'm trying to point out is that Optix isn't just Clockwork renamed. We're not team spawning. this is a result of staying in GTAL and depending on how we do (or how the other two new recruits feel) we might stay but will probably not.

We dont have a forum or site yet and this thread is just for organizational purposes
I only followed this forum recently. But we are taking GTAL as serious as we can.
geez guys, it's only a gtal team! (for one league only)
Guys, we've just signed Z. Weiss (WackoZacco) for GTAL. Thanks a lot for joining us Weiss and we hope you enjoy your stay
Glad to know I'm not in the loop seeing as i drove R1 in GTAL for Clockwork and no one even approached me or gave me mention of this new team.
Just shows how much of a "Team" it was.
Quote from AstroBoy :Glad to know I'm not in the loop seeing as i drove R1 in GTAL for Clockwork and no one even approached me or gave me mention of this new team.
Just shows how much of a "Team" it was.

I said this before and I say this again...I dont get the final say in who gets in Optixs. As far as NDR is concerned Optixs is just a name change from Clockwork but that is quite different from what's actually going on.

Sean Williams has a lot of say in who gets in because according to him, he can spot talent. So your not driving for Optixs unless you convince him. (I had to ok the other recruits by sean. Its not my choice sorry)
Good luck for GTAL
Optixs Racing has just signed O. Hardwick (oscarhardwick) for GTAL. Thank you very much for joining us Oscar and we hope you enjoy your stay with us

Now that we are getting a pretty sizable group. For organizational sake I will create a forum for us.

Things are looking up for GTAL R2 so lets continue the good work (btw proa I need to speak to you about the R2 set)
Sorry for the double post but there's a major development for Optix.

We finally got a forum whoohoo. Anyways, discuss any race strategies and sets in this forum: http://optixracing.freeforums.org/ (We have 1 quali set about ready and 1 race set being worked on)

All current Optixs Members please register and contribute asap. Right now since we were quickly put together our key is communication. However, I would like to thank everyone for the tremendous amount of progress Optixs has made. So far we're in good shape but lets keep the momentum up and head into R2 fully prepared Thanks for all who have agreed to sign with us.

Also, I've did a preliminary design of our GTAL skin.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Thanks to Zach we now have an official GTAL skin. I'll post the map in our forums.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
nice & clean
GL for GTAL!
Quote from jrd.racer :nice & clean
GL for GTAL!

Thanks jrd. We were struggling to prepare before this week but now we're ready to take on GTAL. (I feel like one of those new F1 teams for 2010 LOL)
Quote from lizardfolk :Thanks jrd. We were struggling to prepare before this week but now we're ready to take on GTAL. (I feel like one of those new F1 teams for 2010 LOL)

Someone of them might surprise
#20 - wild
Good luck with the team Sean and Lizard. You've got some real nice drivers on that list

Quote from manneF1 :Someone of them might surprise

Only new team I'm expecting to be strongish is Lotus, but I'll be wrong as usual
All the drama aside, good luck in GTAL guys.
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words

I will have to note that Optixs has a new policy:

ALL OPTIXS MEMBERS PLEASE READ THE FORUMS. THERE IS A CHANCE IN POLICY AND THIS WILL BE MY LAST PRIVATE ANNOUNCEMENT HERE
Just thought I would say hi, Glad to have a drive for GTAL, I wont be able to make R2 but, after that, my skills (or lack of them) are at your desposal.

Oscar.
A couple of our members are currently looking at iTCC. We have some people with great pace that would like to show it off lol

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG