The online racing simulator
IL2-Sturmovik 1946
(93 posts, started )
Mmm, if u have IL-2 1946 try launching the installer from a file called "a.exe" on your CD, know that works for some where the install fails.

edit :should be on your DVD if u click my computer, then rightclick the dvd and pick explore.
(here's hoping Ripley didn't beat me again )
its just il2 STURMOVIK it says on the box
This is the latest version I'm speaking about, IL-2 1946.

@Noccy
he he oups
Quote from mblixt :i can't install my IL2 Sturmovik any tips ? i get a "sign" whem th insall is att 99% that says
SetupUbi

Une erreur d'E/S matérielle a été reportée lors de l'accès à un fichier non nommé.
i have no idea what that means

Maybe you should buy the disc
Do u need the dvd to run this with the latest patch?
i have the disk i god a god damn box
Quote from Foilpact :Do u need the dvd to run this with the latest patch?

i think you need the disc to run the game, period.
I have a slight cali issue at the moment. Windows says it centres ok so does the game, but when flying i have to move the stick off centre to fly straight?
Quote from anttt69 :Windows says it centres ok so does the game, but when flying i have to move the stick off centre to fly straight?

Wind conditions? Or maybe theres just a dead zone?

Also im having a issue installing it on my Laptop, i put the CD and i accept the setup and then nothing, no screens no nothing, ive ejected it tryed it again cleand the cd no luck oh well im sure ill live
On the single engine aircraft you need to trim the rudder a bit, to counter engine torque.
Quote from anttt69 :I have a slight cali issue at the moment. Windows says it centres ok so does the game, but when flying i have to move the stick off centre to fly straight?

Welcome to the wonderful world of WW2 prop planes.
What u are experiencing are torque & gyro effects from a high HP engine+large prop bolted to a "light" airframe...add some wind and turbulence and u can be sure your plane isn't moving in the direction your nose is pointed.

U can counter it with continuous stick and rudder inputs but that get's really tiring so the best way to counter it is with trim.
Page 23 of this guide (http://web.comhem.se/~u85627360/inpursuit.pdf) has some basic info about trimming...it's too much to explain here. Many aircraft don't have rudder or aileron trim though so u will have to keep the ball centered manually.

Might aswell post some pics of last weeks WOP bombernight while i'm at it..hope u enjoy them

:bump::bump:

hello i have a question about the patch. do i only need to downloaf the patch to be able to play online or is it something more i need ?
Wings Of Prey
Quote from mblixt ::bump::bump:

hello i have a question about the patch. do i only need to downloaf the patch to be able to play online or is it something more i need ?

You'll want the latest patch and Hyper lobby(look at post #66), then you should be good to go.

------------
On a side note, but still IL related, has anyone tried this yet?
http://www.airwargame.com/eng/start/

There is a demo available and it has the best Flight sim GFX and performance I have seen yet, the terrain is amazing. It is the pc version of the console's "IL2:Birds of Prey", but they are building it up to be more sim like. Very promising and excellent base to start with, cant get over how well it runs.
just one server with 3 pepole on it i tought it was alot of pepole playing this
canot locate the CD-ROM it says
#92 - senn
if the cd is scratched too badly, it won't work. And you need hyperlobby for online play. there is usually a couple hundred people playing.
Quote from senn :if the cd is scratched too badly, it won't work. And you need hyperlobby for online play. there is usually a couple hundred people playing.

Really that many? I need to check that out soon.

I picked IL-2 up before Christmas on Steam for $5. I've been pretty addicted to it since, already had to get a new joystick/throttle combo so I had better trim controls.

IL2-Sturmovik 1946
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG