The online racing simulator
Throttle problem - can't hold constant rpm
Hello.
I am new to wheel and I got today G27.
My problem is when the car is in NEUTRAL (XFG) I then push throttle pedal 1/4 down, the RPM instead of holding on 2000rpm it keep increasing, slowly but it is increasing.

I thought than when I push throttle pedal 50% in, then I get 4000rpm and the car will keep it there until i push Throttle more, but what happening is that the car quickly increases throttle to 8000rpm even when my pedal is ony 50% down. Why? Any one has got a solution?

(BTW. I display throttle movement on the lower right corner of the creen, and it shows 50% on scale.
Quote from MartinAM :Hello.
I am new to wheel and I got today G27.
My problem is when the car is in NEUTRAL (XFG) I then push throttle pedal 1/4 down, the RPM instead of holding on 2000rpm it keep increasing, slowly but it is increasing.

I thought than when I push throttle pedal 50% in, then I get 4000rpm and the car will keep it there until i push Throttle more, but what happening is that the car quickly increases throttle to 8000rpm even when my pedal is ony 50% down. Why? Any one has got a solution?

(BTW. I display throttle movement on the lower right corner of the creen, and it shows 50% on scale.

That's how it is supposed to be.

RPM feedback isn't instant, 50% =/= 4000 rpm. If you're idling and you push the accelerator down to 50%, it will eventually get up to a certain RPM and stay at that RPM thereafter. Though, FWIW, usually 50% will get you to redline in my experience.
Yes. that's exactly what happens here. 50% = red line.
I thought it was something wrong with my G27.
Thx, for help, and sorry sp stupid question. I was keyboard player for a long time now, and with ever experience to FFB wheel.
Quote from MartinAM :Yes. that's exactly what happens here. 50% = red line.
I thought it was something wrong with my G27.
Thx, for help, and sorry sp stupid question. I was keyboard player for a long time now, and with ever experience to FFB wheel.

np. Hope you're enjoying the new wheel
You bet I do.
Really nice wheel, but it is very unusual feeling driving with FF wheel.

I thought it will be easy, but it like learning to drive LFS from the beginning.
My lap times, so long is 0.30 slower then with keyboard (but I have played only 1,5 hour with new wheel).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG