The online racing simulator
Blackwood without Chicane
(50 posts, started )
I think it would be better just to do new track
Why not? I think "BL3R" would have an awesome Mulsanne-like straight followed by a second gear left turn. Good overtaking point?

Maybe for GTR/Formula cars, but really boring for the slower ones.
there is already so many tracks that are barely used, why not....it is so simple to do it is silly to not

+1
I only see a reason to remove it if we get stock cars

The faster class bypassing the chicane while slower class using chicane racing at the same time is an interesting idea...has this been done before in real life?
Quote from lizardfolk :I only see a reason to remove it if we get stock cars

The faster class bypassing the chicane while slower class using chicane racing at the same time is an interesting idea...has this been done before in real life?

No, and with a good reason.

If the faster class wouldn't need to take the chicane, they would me much faster than the slower cars coming out of the chicane.

It would not be the matter if, but when an accident will happen.
Blackwood needs a bus-stop like Watkins Glen half way down the straight
I tend to agree, this layout makes sense!
I endorses this layout, and the orginal posters idea (minus a change in the textures to anything other then what Eric has already done.)
Quote from tristancliffe :The Rockingham chicane, at the end of the lap, is quite nice in real life (for a chicane). Although the apex tyre stacks are quite scary, as I'm sure they weigh more than my car.

They destroyed one of my wingmirrors once...
Is that 'race driver' speak for 'I clipped them'?

How was your play in a Formula BMW (or whatever it is? It looks like a FBMW to me)?
Quote from tristancliffe :Is that 'race driver' speak for 'I clipped them'?

Might be .

Yup it was a Formula BMW. Absolutely amazing experience, first time driving a SS and first time driving anything with downforce. The high-speed corners were the hardest to get used to, just having belief in the car and trying to disregard your natural survival instinct of "If I go round a corner this fast I will die".

The biggest difference driving it in real life compared to in the game was that in LFS you have no real feel for just how much grip there is. I suppose this is because getting a sense of speed is much harder, but in real life the thing stuck like glue. Now I know how your Dallara must feel, just with a bit more oomph!
Quote from rich uk :They should bring back the trees from the demo/s1 days

I like the Tree idea, BRING THE TREES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've never seen these tree's, since I never played S1/demo. I take it they were fun and lots of epic crashes took place because of them?

I like the bus stop idea for the track.
Good old times
just read my comment, it sums it up pretty well
I to think it is a good idea to remove the chicane and so creating an additional layout. I think it will not take much effort to create it.

BL-gp can become more fun with the downforce cars, any car since i don't like this chicane, just as most chicanes in lfs, need serious improvements.
the chicane is a really controversial thing, but is really idiot too a chicane AFTER A HAIRPIN. from my tracks knowing, i think who we need 2 chicanes (1 for the normal racing, at straight end, and other just where it is) or 1 at the centre, bus stop like, to be a overtaking and switch back area
nah, the chicane is fine where it is. I wouldn't mind if that change could give us a BL4 though (Blackwood drag).
just wondering, does rockingham have a chicane? if not we just need to make the chicane more chicane like....like said before no chicane in lfs is any problem for any car to go full throttle through
If you want an oval, there's always KY. The chicane in Blackwood is what makes or breaks a lap, because it determines the speeds you get on the main straight. Not very fond of this idea simply because of the fact that it removes one of the larger challenging elements in BL.
Quote from logitekg25 :like said before no chicane in lfs is any problem for any car to go full throttle through

135mph/FOX/WE Int. Yet to see anyone going that fast make it through the chicane, but that's what full throttle is in WE int.
What I want back is the old pit exit.

Can anyone think of a reason why the pit exit would be moved like that in real life?

Right now it is very dangerous, it is not possible for a car to come out of pits when someone is entering T1.
how was it before
if it is there again, then if you merge, not seeing beyond the corner, someone comes up fast, hit you then you get banned.....i personally dont mind waiting a few seconds to let the people pass for where it is now
this reminds me on an idea for a track a while ago. It went long and straight for a pretty long time and had no turns. It was really easy tho and u could go hella fast. The problem is blackwood has too many turns that keep you from going fast. I can't go as fast on the turns as i can on the straight

Blackwood without Chicane
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG