The online racing simulator
I measured mine (the faulty one) and I'd say you could fit it to a less than 52mm width table, but I don't have a calliper handy, just a random swagruler. Note that not all wheels will fit to the same table, one can and another won't, depends on manufacturing tolerances.
Quote from Krane :I measured mine (the faulty one) and I'd say you could fit it to a less than 52mm width table, but I don't have a calliper handy, just a random swagruler. Note that not all wheels will fit to the same table, one can and another won't, depends on manufacturing tolerances.

Brilliant- sounds like I'll probably be ok then! Do the brackets flex at all? I'm guessing if they're plastic they might flex enough to fit anyway?
They don't flex much, they're sort of "quenched"* plastic, see previous page what will happen if you try to bend them too much.

*ie, hard, not bendy, breaks if bent enough.
Quote from Krane :They don't flex much, they're sort of "quenched"* plastic, see previous page what will happen if you try to bend them too much.

*ie, hard, not bendy, breaks if bent enough.

Ah, I won't try bending it then- I see what you mean!
there is a simple fix anyway. 2x ratchet clamps, and a small thinner piece of wood. Mate had to do this as the only table he has is dining room, and it's way too thick. As long as the clamps are secured correctly, it's fine. Cost about $15-20AUD i think for 2 clamps and wood. u can quickly remove it and not have to alter the table/desk you are using.

Quote from senn :there is a simple fix anyway. 2x ratchet clamps, and a small thinner piece of wood. Mate had to do this as the only table he has is dining room, and it's way too thick. As long as the clamps are secured correctly, it's fine. Cost about $15-20AUD i think for 2 clamps and wood.

Ideal- I've got no excuse then! Thanks for your help everyone…
What's a good price these days for a (new) G25 ?

Thinking of upgrading from my MS Sidewinder FF. Still a perfect working wheel without any scratches, but I've been told that the G25 is a much better wheel; better pedal reactions, better FF, more feel with the ingame happenings and more fun with the shifter. G27 is too expensive for my student budget and there are not much other options I believe, aside Fanatec, though I'd rather get a G25 then for no real reason...

I do have a small, somewhat unsteady table. Parents once bought a 'computer closet' for me, but the keyboard-mouse placing part is so fragile and bowed like this, can't hook up the wheel under it.. Would it work for a G25 ? Or would the small own made table hold the G25+shifter, is it heavier than a MS Sidewinder FF ? Also, is 71cm lenght enough for the wheel+shifter ?

-------- |
------ | |
_____|_|

Thanks upfront!
I found it on Play.com for £100 a day or so ago, but can't seem to find it there now! (maybe i was hallucinating?)

Other than that, the going rate seems to be between £110 and £130.
Thanks for the replies, tiny bit above my budget but we'll see what I can find...
G25 fits 50mm thick desk
Quote from soperhero :
After some searching, I found that the clamps on the G25 wheel will support a desk width of up to 50mm, but my desk is exactly 50mm and I'm worried that it might be marginally too thick.

Well, my new wheel arrived last night, and I'm pleased to say that it fits! I had to wind the clamps out to the full extent of their reach, and even then they were gripping the desk slightly as I pushed it on, but both the wheel and gearbox do fit my desk. Phew.

The wheel is more powerful than I could have imagined </Obe Wan>, and woke up the whole house when I used the calibration screen to test the FFB.

Anyway - just wanted to thank those of you that got out your tape measures for me, and to let you know that it was not in vain!

Thanks, Will.
not sure if this is the right place but ocuk have the G25 in at £119 this week if anyone is interested.
Quote from dadge :not sure if this is the right place but ocuk have the G25 in at £119 this week if anyone is interested.

I just bought mine G25 From Misco. With shipment 120£.

But already I have a problem
Consider yourself lucky... Play.com are charging £170
Quote from soperhero :and woke up the whole house when I used the calibration screen to test the FFB.

Haha.

Reminds me of when i first got my G25 and the Calibration screen came up. I pressed one of the wheel buttons not expecting it to do anything, only for the wheel to be wrenched out my hands and me shouting "Holy S**T!". It scared the crap out of me.
Quote from senn :there is a simple fix anyway. 2x ratchet clamps, and a small thinner piece of wood. Mate had to do this as the only table he has is dining room, and it's way too thick. As long as the clamps are secured correctly, it's fine. Cost about $15-20AUD i think for 2 clamps and wood. u can quickly remove it and not have to alter the table/desk you are using.

Hello, I am real stupid about this kind of things but how exactly would I use this ratchet clank thingie? I just can't image how it will help.

Marty
sup guys, i am lookin for a g25 but WONT spend over £110 i am lookin now but cnt really find anything under 120 does anyone know were i cud get one cheap from the uk??

cheers
keep an eye on play.com and overclockers.co.uk
New user
I've just asked for a G25 which should be home tomorrow. I hope not to have much configurating problems, but at least i found this helpful forum.

Cheers
That's a bloody mental price!

DABS were selling them for £115 brand new, but they seem to have removed them now.
That is hopefully a mistake. If they are trying to rip off unsuspecting parents and grandmas during the Xmas period I will never buy anything from them again.
Would anyone know where to get the G25 now? The fool that I was, I should've bought it from OcUK when it was selling for £120 but I became hesitant when it was bumped up to £190. I found another place which was selling it for £160 but they seem to have poor reviews so I wouldn't want to chance it.
Give it a few more days and the price will drop again (January sales).
I think I found a place anyway. Still €170 but considering its in Ireland, p&p costs from UK would probably cancel out with the cost of it here.
i paid £110 delivered from the uk mainland to derry. got it from play.com but they seem to have a problem with their prices over there. G25=£450

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG