The online racing simulator
LFS Crashing in Win7 32bit
(12 posts, started )
#1 - iMCk.
Hey Guys,

My lfs has been crashing since I've installed windows 7.
It crashes and it restarts the whole computer, well not restart but the screen goes to standby and stays like that.
This only happens when i play online and it crashes about 5 mins of gameplay.
I've been testing it offline and it's fine. I can play with 20 Ai's and no signs of a crash.

I'm running 32bit windows 7 with Ati Radeon 9600 x1050 series graphics card.
I've updated my graphic drivers it says its compatible with windows 7.
If you guys could help would be great

Link to Graphic Driver.

Thanks for reading,
Domme
You should check drivers of your network devices. How are you connected to the net and what drivers is that device using?
#3 - iMCk.
I'm connected with a SpeedStream 4200-Series Modem. When I formated the computer it didn't need a driver I don't think.
I assume your modem is connected to your PC with a LAN cable (RJ-45). What network card do you have (you can find it out in device manager)? Are you using any 3rd party firewall/AV software?
try run in compatible mode(like windows vista,or windows xp)
can work...try!
Quote from iMCk. :Hey Guys,

My lfs has been crashing since I've installed windows 7.
It crashes and it restarts the whole computer, well not restart but the screen goes to standby and stays like that.
This only happens when i play online and it crashes about 5 mins of gameplay.
I've been testing it offline and it's fine. I can play with 20 Ai's and no signs of a crash.

I'm running 32bit windows 7 with Ati Radeon 9600 x1050 series graphics card.
I've updated my graphic drivers it says its compatible with windows 7.
If you guys could help would be great

Link to Graphic Driver.

Thanks for reading,
Domme

well thats happened to me,my vid card was dieing(spell?) i went online but in 10 sec it froze(looked like the whole pc) but i just got the timeout error,but sometims it was good all day.
#7 - iMCk.
Quote from MadCatX :I assume your modem is connected to your PC with a LAN cable (RJ-45). What network card do you have (you can find it out in device manager)? Are you using any 3rd party firewall/AV software?

3rd party firewall not sure? I'm using ESET NOD32 Antivirus if that helps..

Quote :try run in compatible mode(like windows vista,or windows xp)
can work...try!

I will also try this out.

Quote :well thats happened to me,my vid card was dieing(spell?) i went online but in 10 sec it froze(looked like the whole pc) but i just got the timeout error,but sometims it was good all day.

Yep thats exactly whats happening to mine. Doesn't happen offline though :S

Thanks for replying all!
Quote from iMCk. :Yep thats exactly whats happening to mine. Doesn't happen offline though :S

yap it wont happen for some reason
Try to play LFS online with NOD32 disabled, I remember NOD causing some pretty weird problems, so it's worth a try.
I assume that your motherboard has a VIA chipset, have you installed any drivers for it?

Here is the link to a driver which should be the right one for your network card (though I'm not 100% sure). I have few good reasons why not to trust any drivers that come embedded in W7, so you might give this driver a go. There should be a driver-rollback option in W7 in case something goes wrong.
Quote :Try to play LFS online with NOD32 disabled, I remember NOD causing some pretty weird problems, so it's worth a try.

This might actually be the problem, because back when i was on XP I didn't have it installed...I'll get back to you on this one.

Quote :I assume that your motherboard has a VIA chipset, have you installed any drivers for it?

Nah I don't think i've installed any drivers for the motherboard, I remember searching for it and the links were dead. Maybe due to it being pretty old. (I lost the CD)

Quote :Here is the link to a driver which should be the right one for your network card (though I'm not 100% sure). I have few good reasons why not to trust any drivers that come embedded in W7, so you might give this driver a go. There should be a driver-rollback option in W7 in case something goes wrong.

Which one do I install x64 or x86?
Since you have 32bit W7, the x86 driver is the way to go
I've just installed it. Was it meant to be a 20 sec installment lol?
And also disabled ESET.

It's still crashing online. I reckon its the graphics driver. The latest one doesn't seem to work well with my gcard.
I've got the orignal disc for the graphics. But when i install it, it says thisDriver Ver: 12-031)

"Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"

What about my motherboard do i still need drivers for that?

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG