The online racing simulator
WIP: Night Textures
(20 posts, started )
hey guys, i am aware some people have attempted this before, but the results never quite seemed right to me. so i am working on my own version. started today, here are a few screens.

no doubt you'll spot some things in the scene which aren't fixed yet - i am aware - and there is still a long way to go!!!
Whoooo man, that is some nice darkness goin on there

I think the white lines are a tad bright though.... they really stand out compared to every other dark part. You've done good so far in your progress, I think it looks pretty darn good.
Quote from Tweaker :Whoooo man, that is some nice darkness goin on there

I think the white lines are a tad bright though.... they really stand out compared to every other dark part. You've done good so far in your progress, I think it looks pretty darn good.

yeah thats what i was talking about, some textures arent adjusted yet - like the lines and grandstands heaps left!!!!!!!!
It's too bad you can't edit the 'haze' amount in the game, and even the haze color... then you could have very low visibility/distance in the dark, heheh

The white lines would be bright like that if they were close to the car's lights, but in the distance, it looks odd. Maybe only lower the brightness on them a bit, but not too much that it feels you are driving without lights
very nice, when would it be finish ?
yeah tweak i had to turn haze off all together. the ideal would be if you could make the haze black (instead of the white/grey it is) or even decrease the distance it began to appear
Quote from McAzerty :very nice done ;-)

Just trying 2 get the best for my team so thats why I use a unlocker for Live For Speed so I can test everything, but whatever, if you have something for my team send it please or say it !!!! Thanks already !

Your signature bothers me. Unlocker = crack = illegal = not wanted here. Thank you

Sorry for OT.
back ontopic..

your mod looks very promising!!

i look forward to testing this
thanks. having trouble with the sky though! if there are any guys out there who can do me up a really nice starry sky please give it a go!
on the last pic the car loks 2 bright.. i dont know if thats just the car angle tho
Good man. I want it
#12 - IcYX
Just need the Motion Blur and Wet streets
Good job
Let me know
hey let me no when its finshed by sending me a messanger to gangster_209 thanks and very nice keep up tp good work.
congratulations on bumping a thread 3 months old.. and technically 4.. 5 since beginning
I'll bet it won't be finished.
lol there is an easier way if you want to drive in the dark... turn your monitor off :up:
Or brightness to very, very low.
Quote from Lible :I'll bet it won't be finished.

you'll lose your money i am waiting to see what the dev's do with future lfs versions, they've already changed some textures in the recent update. maybe when they release S2 final i will spit this mod out for you all
sorry to bump but do you have it ready?
I think in those early shots theres too much colour. If you drive around or walk around at night you notice the colour is drained from everything. I really think its just a case of making everything look really dull and desaturated then wacking the brightness down.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG