The online racing simulator
Will Ferrell named 'most overpaid film star'
(26 posts, started )
#2 - CSU1
...worth every cent IMO
Will Ferrell is one of those people that its either you love him or you hate him.

I think he is funny, don't know how much he gets paid exactly though so I don't really care.
I love Will!
I loved Elf. Not really hit the heights since then.
Only movies he's done in the last several years that I enjoyed are Step Brothers and Stranger Than Fiction, and I was drunk as hell for Step Brothers and had sex half way through it, so I didn't see most of it.
Stranger Than Fiction! Forgot about that.
Sorry, but "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" is the stuff of legends
#9 - CSU1
...and when he and Bear (OTT)Grills went on that expedition that time was funny as **** screaming for his mummy going down the rope from the chopper, slipping and getting his foot entangled in the ladder on his way off the mountain resulting in him hanging upside down, and when Bear told his highlight of the whole trip was when Will 'mistakingly' took Bear for his wife during the night under the antelope hide!

e;

and he was in Zoolander too
Also don't forget Talladega Nights... Ironically one of the better (of not best) recent racing films...
Quote from bbman :Also don't forget Talladega Nights... Ironically one of the better (of not best) recent racing films...

That was a travesty of a movie. I still want that time and money back.
You have to say though, that he is more worth than he is paid.

They do get profit out of him (2,3 dollars per dollar paid)
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Maybe it's me, but how is he first when he is overpaid 3 dollars (per dollar), when other people are overpaid 7 dollars (per dollar).

I don't really get it.

For every $1 salary he gets the movies he is in generate $3.29 of revenue.
Meh, I was drunk, it took me a while to understand.
i never find his movies funny.
Anchorman is one of my absolute favorites. If you grew up watching Will Ferrell on Saturday Night Live, it's hard to deny his comedic genius. "Brick killed a guy."
Quote from titanLS :Anchorman is one of my absolute favorites. If you grew up watching Will Ferrell on Saturday Night Live, it's hard to deny his comedic genius. "Brick killed a guy."

I think this is my problem, i've never found SNL that funny.
I think he's a genius and most people don't see it. Step Brothers and Semi-Pro were brilliant (especially step brothers).
Quote from GFresh :Sorry, but "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" is the stuff of legends

Oh hell yes
He just bugs me in everything I've seen him in. It's always the same thing over and over. In fact, even when he's not "acting" he still bugs me.
So irrelevant of how amazing anyone says a particular movie is, I'll avoid it just because he's in it. And if he's only taking in $3 for every $1 paid to him, it would seem that a lot of people agree.
#22 - th84
Him and Adam Sandler are both the same... if you've seen one of their movies you've seen them all.

They were much better at SNL than they are in movies.
You could say that about the vast majority of actors nowdays. They're not acting in the sense that they're portraying someone else very well at all, I can only think of a handful of actual actors that can truly accomplish this - becomming someone they're not when on film. Heath Ledger, Anthony Hopkins... people that could take on almost any role and make it authentic.

Most actors today seem to think acting just means "them acting as if they were in the portrayed circumstances". Big difference from actually playing a role! Real acting is generating a personality that is totally NOT who you really are and making it real to the audience.

Seems like the general public just has to buy into someone's default personality, not the acting ability of said person and they'll be successful. A real actor can play both a hero or a villain, stupid, brilliant & so forth beleivably.

All this being said I do think Will Farrell is funny sometimes. My wife on the other hand does not agree.
The first "actor" I ever knew who got away with it was Hugh Grant. Same character in every movie. Then I saw him interviewed and reaslised it's because that's who he is IRL! And Will Smith is the same way. But at least Will Smith doesn't bug the crap out of me

Jim Carrey suffers from the same thing, but then you see him in things like Eternal Sunshine and you realise the man actually is a decent actor. And it bugs me when that happens.
Yeah I thought about the same with with Jim Carey too - I've seen him in movies that show he can actually be someone other than a complete goofball. He actually can be a pretty good actor when he wants to be. I think he just used to get pigeon holed a lot when his main forte was flavour of the month.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG