The online racing simulator
Quote from ColeusRattus :ohhhhh no. That movie is so bad on so many levels. If you want a good WW2 eastern front movie, watch Stalingrad.

On topic: I just watch Firefly. It's awesome.

Stalingrad is/was fantastic, and so is/was Das Boot.
I watched The Hangover a few weeks ago - brilliant. Very funny, some classic lines, and not at all predictable (mostly). A good waste of a couple of hours, and well worth the cinema prices (or a dodgy foreign DVD if your housemate obliges).
Quote from MAGGOT : everyone else I've talked to said it was rubbish.

..and everyone else you talked to were right. Complete waste of time, and not in the slightest bit scary. A massive let down after some of the things people have said about it.
Quote from ColeusRattus :ohhhhh no. That movie is so bad on so many levels. If you want a good WW2 eastern front movie, watch Stalingrad.

On topic: I just watch Firefly. It's awesome.

I've seen it already ages ago. Also very good.

Started watching the Band of Brothers series now. Looking forward to it.
Theres a new Band of Brothers coming out one of the pacific war, will by box set to add to my collection,

Stalingrad
Das Boot
Enemy At The Gates
Saving Private Ryan
Band of Brothers

also many books on WW2 and one of WW1 diaries. I am quite the fanatic but my list is very small compared to others hehe
Quote from BlueFlame :Theres a new Band of Brothers out one of the pacific war

did i miss something?
Watched 2012, good movie.
Paranormal Activity

Very well done, especially the acting, it's like they didn't act, but like it was a real recording. But from all the hype from IMDB and comments, i thought it would freak me out more, but it didn't. Excorcism of Emily Rose still remains the one that freaked me out the most.
"Pontypool". The less said about it, the better. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Step Brothers. My mom had to come down stairs to shut me up from the laughing. 8/10

Also watched Rec, it's a good idea but the scary bits are just way too predictable. 6.5/10
Watched "Stoic / Siegburg" a few days ago... Trailer

"Plot:

According to Boll (director), Stoic centers on a true incident which occurred in Siegburg (Germany) prison in 2006 where three prisoners raped, tortured and ultimately forced their cellmate to commit suicide over a period of ten hours in a series of events that began with a poker bet involving the consumption of a tube of toothpaste."

Great Drama...
Saw Harry Brown the other week, thought it was absolutely brilliant. Michael Caine was superb in it.
Quote from BenjiMC :Step Brothers. My mom had to come down stairs to shut me up from the laughing. 8/10

Did you touch my drumkit?
I watched Zombieland, it was pretty funny.
Quote from BlueFlame :Theres a new Band of Brothers coming out one of the pacific war

Ah except it isn't related to the Band of Brothers. The only thing that relates the two are the producers (Steven Spielberg + Tom Hanks)

Quote from Wikipedia Article :The Pacific is a World War II television drama miniseries, produced by HBO, Seven Network Australia and DreamWorks, which is currently in production. It is similar, although unrelated, to Band of Brothers. Whereas Band of Brothers focused on Army's involvement in the European Theater of Operations, the new series will be about the Marine Corps's actions in the Pacific Theater of Operations.

The Pacific is based primarily on two memoirs of U.S. Marines: With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and Helmet for My Pillow by Robert Leckie.[3] The series will tell the stories of the two authors and Marine John Basilone, as the war against the Empire of Japan rages.
Given the literary sources mentioned above, the series will feature well-known battles involving the 1st Marine Division, such as Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, Peleliu, and Okinawa, as well as Basilone's involvement in the Battle of Iwo Jima.

Does look very interesting though, comes out March 2010.
Quote from Xaid0n :Ah except it isn't related to the Band of Brothers. The only thing that relates the two are the producers (Steven Spielberg + Tom Hanks)

Does look very interesting though, comes out March 2010.

HBO, Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg > Band Of Brothers. You just pointed out exactly the reasons why it's effectively Band Of Brothers 2.

Wiki is only saying Band Of Brothers of the 101st Airbourne aren't in the next series, but of course they're not because they didn't fight the pacific, only a retard would think they did. The same production and direction cast, about the same topical context in a film says to me, it's as good as being a sequel. It would be like saying Tolkeins "The Hobbit" story is not part of the Lord of the Rings series of books simply because it doesn't hold the title "Lord of the Rings"
Quote from VoiD :Watched "Stoic / Siegburg" a few days ago... Trailer

"Plot:

According to Boll (director), Stoic centers on a true incident which occurred in Siegburg (Germany) prison in 2006 where three prisoners raped, tortured and ultimately forced their cellmate to commit suicide over a period of ten hours in a series of events that began with a poker bet involving the consumption of a tube of toothpaste."

Great Drama...

lol Uwe Boll
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! But this isnt Farcry or his other bullshit...

Give it a try
Quote from BlueFlame :HBO, Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg > Band Of Brothers. You just pointed out exactly the reasons why it's effectively Band Of Brothers 2.

Wiki is only saying Band Of Brothers of the 101st Airbourne aren't in the next series, but of course they're not because they didn't fight the pacific, only a retard would think they did. The same production and direction cast, about the same topical context in a film says to me, it's as good as being a sequel. It would be like saying Tolkeins "The Hobbit" story is not part of the Lord of the Rings series of books simply because it doesn't hold the title "Lord of the Rings"

Band of Brothers is TV of the absolute highest order. The story as a whole is just epic, told as sensitively as the book was written, and the way each episode/chapter tends to focus on a different individual and their perspective on things was brilliant.

I've seen trailers for this new Pacific theatre one and I'm just hoping there isn't too much schmaltzy "geez Mary-Ann, when I get back home well shucks, I might could just ask you to marry me." white picket fence stuff.
Quote from sinbad :Band of Brothers is TV of the absolute highest order. The story as a whole is just epic, told as sensitively as the book was written, and the way each episode/chapter tends to focus on a different individual and their perspective on things was brilliant.

I've seen trailers for this new Pacific theatre one and I'm just hoping there isn't too much schmaltzy "geez Mary-Ann, when I get back home well shucks, I might could just ask you to marry me." white picket fence stuff.

Well Tom and Steve did SPR which wasn't based on a true story and it was pretty damn good so I think it's safe to assume it will be of higher tier quality.
Im watching Look Who's Talking Now at the moment as its on bbc3, its old but kinda fun, in an animals overdubbed with the voices of famous actors kind of way.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Im watching Look Who's Talking Now at the moment as its on bbc3, its old but kinda fun, in an animals overdubbed with the voices of famous actors kind of way.

You do know that your avatar isn't Lady GaGa don't you?
Quote from BlueFlame :You do know that your avatar isn't Lady GaGa don't you?

It is lady gaga, as it is screenshotted by me from her bad romance video, its definately her.
Quote from danthebangerboy :It is lady gaga, as it is screenshotted by me from her bad romance video, its definately her.

She's been airbrushed beyond recognition, it doesn't even look like her, wouldn't be suprised if that wasn't even her.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG