The online racing simulator
Button joins Hamilton at McLaren
(46 posts, started )
#27 - MR_B
I'm actually very happy about the news! This forum contains too much negativity, so i'm proud to say i'll be sitting in front of the TV willing him on.
#28 - Gizz
bad move for button IMO....

not that i dont think he's up to the task personly, i aways said button was WC material if he was given the car, but personly i would have stoped at brawn or now merc...

lewis has the plates covered and if the time comes that button and lewis are fighting for the WC in the same car there is going to be fireworks...

now dont get me wrong i love mclaren, my favourite team actualy, but brawn did an outstanding job this year with 2 drivers fighting 4 the WC, mclaren on the other hand doesnt work or think like brawn (both the team and man) and as much as i love mclaren there will always only be one driver they flood there efforts into...

button could have really made a name for himself next year i think, but now i think he wil just fade back into the background im afraid to say...

the best drivers in F1 right now are not just fast but are also able to drive around a cars faults, the best are (alonso/lewis and now possibly vitel) button is quick and i suport him all the way but i just dont see him driving around issues like lewis can and button will have to a lot of that if he wants to be on lewis's pace, as the new car will be designed around lewis, and even the most idiotic F1 fan can see the HUGE difference in driving styles, lewis likes the more aggressive aprouch and button is very smooth...

IMO button has just screwed his self, I HOPE IM WRONG, i hope im so wrong its not even funny but i think he's going to find it 10x more difficult than those dark days at BAR...

i will be supporting button though to make it work for himself thats for sure....

put it this way in 2010 we will find out what button is REALLY made of
This is the difference between a quality driver like schumacher (none fans, hear me out first). He joined a team, and then built it around him, untill he was blatently dominant.

Button had the opportunity to build braw (MB) around him as his own team. Now instead, he has moved to Hamiltons team. And quite honestly, he is good, but not anywhere close to hamiltons league (this coming from a none hamilton fan)... What does he know, that we dont?
#30 - JCTK
Quote from Dizzydarryn :This is the difference between a quality driver like schumacher (none fans, hear me out first). He joined a team, and then built it around him, untill he was blatently dominant.

Button had the opportunity to build braw (MB) around him as his own team. Now instead, he has moved to Hamiltons team. And quite honestly, he is good, but not anywhere close to hamiltons league (this coming from a none hamilton fan)... What does he know, that we dont?

I'd hate to think of it this way... But perhaps he know that he'd be likely to get thrashed by Nico Rosberg anyway... so why not go to a place where everyone on earth would expect him to be thrashed, rather than be a sitting duck at Merc and be prepared to get wasted by Nico~?
If he do better than we expected against Lewis it'd be a bonus, if he get thrashed, we'll just say it's expected and it was a poor decision...

Or on a more nice way of saying it, Button can't really get the team built around him as much as Schumacher had at Ferrari, Alonso had at Renault, or Hamilton has at McLaren. Because he won't be having an "easy" team-mate there next year, Nico Rosberg is obviously a very strong driver and won't be playing the second driver game with Button. Where the other 3 example I listed, they have had a relatively weak team-mate during that "building" process...
#32 - 5haz
Nah I think Button will easily submit to being the number 2 driver.
Meh.

Ferrari + Alonso = Epic Win.

*runs*
#34 - Gizz
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Meh.

*runs*

Ferrari still has the best driver lineup for 2010 IMO, alonso is still the best allround package in the pitlane IMO more so than lewis in a lot of ways, and massa isnt what you would call slow ...

even with the media jumping on both drivers i think alonso/massa will work better than lewis/button, i hope im wrong but Ferrari have the edge there i think..

*runs*

It will be epic no matter what happens.

Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes, Red Bull (Hopefully) all with awesome drivers, going for the championships.

Seriously cannot wait for Bahrain.
#36 - Gizz
Quote from Dizzydarryn :This is the difference between a quality driver like schumacher (none fans, hear me out first). He joined a team, and then built it around him, untill he was blatently dominant.

i have always been a button fan its just been hard support him over the years sitting on the back of the grid lol (not his fault mind you) so im not biatching about him here but just IMO..

i really think this whole WC has gone to his head a little, i think he's been wanting a drive like this for a while now (who hasnt) and the fame of the WC has given him that chance and he's jumped for it...

maclaren held off for some time anoucing there drivers for 2010, personly i think they had there eye on button from 09 season, after he won the WC i think maclaren just waited there time, they knew near the end of the season button/brawn talks were lumpy so they sprung on button...

nice pay/ and possibly the quickest car on the grid??? yea i think he jumped at it personly, i just dont think he knows what he is getting himelf into i really dont...

barrachelo is in no way slow, but i can imagine him being a very fair team mate, the like of lewis and alonso on the other had? there EXTREAMLY! competitive, lewis looks like butter wouldnt melt in his mouth in interviews but i bet he's a handfull as a teammate and no disrespect to lewis there, all the best drivers are like this, look at shumi/alonso...

button is going to have to drive out of his skin next season if he's going to make this pay off, and even if he does i think he's fighting a lossing battle
#37 - JCTK

*runs*

Alonso + Massa = the two most noisy crying baby together in the same team~!
i see it's not a very friendly seperation then with brawn / mercedes saying button can't do anything with mclaren till january 1st and how they had hoped for loyalty, that he's being paid less at mclaren than they offered and that he'll have to improve to match hamilton.

when you list the points, it starts to sound like a toys out of prams rant, no doubt button will give his side of it soon in reply. i'm not a button fan but if he was being offered more at brawn / mercedes then there has to be a bloody good reason why he felt more comfortable at mclaren alongside hamilton.

if i was being cynical i'd say it's because he no longer has barichello to help with development / setup but i suspect it's something more substantial than that.
Quote from tinvek :i see it's not a very friendly seperation then with brawn / mercedes saying button can't do anything with mclaren till january 1st and how they had hoped for loyalty, that he's being paid less at mclaren than they offered and that he'll have to improve to match hamilton.

when you list the points, it starts to sound like a toys out of prams rant, no doubt button will give his side of it soon in reply. i'm not a button fan but if he was being offered more at brawn / mercedes then there has to be a bloody good reason why he felt more comfortable at mclaren alongside hamilton.

if i was being cynical i'd say it's because he no longer has barichello to help with development / setup but i suspect it's something more substantial than that.

You joke... I heard an interesting story a few months ago from an EX Honda employee... a South African bloke actually (who grew up with my race engineer)... so you can do the maths (only south african of any sort of substance from BAR to Honda days).

the story went along the lines of "we let the drivers do their own thing on friday, then over night, we put Rubens setup on JB's car and off they go to qualifying....
Quote from tinvek :i see it's not a very friendly seperation then with brawn / mercedes saying button can't do anything with mclaren till january 1st and how they had hoped for loyalty, that he's being paid less at mclaren than they offered and that he'll have to improve to match hamilton.

maybe he knows that the next year Mercedes isn´t that far in the development.
Listening to what Jenson has said about this move I think he's doing it for all the right reasons. Now all he needs to do is get equal treatment and drive his socks off.

I would say Lewis has a clear edge over one lap at this point. But now Jenson has achieved his life ambition, I think he wants to shrug off all the stories like this by attacking a driver many regard as the best where it counts: in his own team, on the track.

He's got balls and has my respect for giving it a go. I think he's approaching this the right way and I hope for his sake as much as ours he surprises us.
Quote from v1rg0 :Listening to what Jenson has said about this move I think he's doing it for all the right reasons. Now all he needs to do is get equal treatment and drive his socks off.

I would say Lewis has a clear edge over one lap at this point. But now Jenson has achieved his life ambition, I think he wants to shrug off all the stories like this by attacking a driver many regard as the best where it counts: in his own team, on the track.

He's got balls and has my respect for giving it a go. I think he's approaching this the right way and I hope for his sake as much as ours he surprises us.

I agree. From what I have seen Button is moving due to wanting to better his chances of competing for the championship again next year and to drive for a team such as McLaren. We don’t know how well he will do in McLaren but I think Button has the talent to survive and do well. Alonso joined McLaren with too much confidence and arrogance thinking he was the best. I think Button has enough of both to go into McLaren and get them to work for him as they do for Hamilton. If he does then he is a good enough driver to win races again. On track Button and Hamilton will be against each other but hopefully in the development of the car their friendship will benefit the team.

What a complete and utter b*itch does she come across in that article. Brawn were the best car at the beginning but they weren’t at the end and to top it off, Button still beat his team mate in the same car. The winner is the one who wins most points and therefore is the most worthy champion. To say he doesn’t deserve it because of how long he has been in the sport, does she not realise how bad Honda were and for how long the were bad for. Ofcourse the car is important, the best driver in the world will not win with a car that is 3 seconds off the pace.
#44 - JJ72
So finally John Button and Anthony Hamilton can now form a Marching band.
If I was Hamilton i'd be asking if I could race with the number 0
Technically in the rules only the champion can race as number 1, 0 is used when the champion departs so they run as number 0 and 2. Technicalities aside, I just wouldn't want to be #2 to Button !

He did drive well at the end of the season, and he seemed ok at the start although he did have a car advantage then. In the middle he was rank amateur. Hamilton faded for a while too around Silverstone, so i'm really not sure who was the better last year.

Button joins Hamilton at McLaren
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG