The online racing simulator
Operating System Poll
(226 posts, started )

Poll : Which operating system do you use for LFS?

Closed since :
Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows Vista
Linux
Windows XP x64
Macintosh
Windows ME
Windows 98
Windows 2000
Server Longhorn (2008)
Server 2003
Operating System Poll
Just for interest and with no particular programming issue in mind, just something I wonder about sometimes...

I'd like to see how many people use various versions of Windows or other operating systems.

So please vote for the system you use to run LFS. I realise some people use more than one version of Windows but I don't want to make a multiple choice poll - if you run LFS on more than one operating system, please just select the one you like the most.
#2 - VoiD
< Win7 64-bit
I have Vista, but I voted Win7, because I'll be using that in the near future.
I voted XP. However, I am planning moving over to Win 7 in the near future.
WIN7 ftw 64 bit
Quote from VoiD :< Win7 64-bit

If you have Windows 7 64 bit please just click Windows 7.

I included XP x64 because I am told that wasn't really XP, but this is not the case with 64 bit Vista and 7.
As long as Vista or 7 dosn't support Horizontal Span , i stay with xp ! Even my TV-Card isn't supported by Vista. So .
I use XP SP2(*2), XP SP3,(*1) (using and viewing these as potential LFS dedi candidates.) (32 bit in all cases assorted Intel CPUs)

Win7 RC (7600) (*1)and am presently migrating to Win7 Retail Home Premium (*1). NB last two are separate installs on one machine (via 2 drives), but NOT dual boot. (would like to end up using one of these as LFS playing machine if certain potential security issues are addressed going forward) Both of these are 64 bit quad core Intel installs.

I would have voted, but the vote system did not allow for multiple systems, so it was not possible to cast a sensible or meaningful vote. I wanted to help out though, hence the info here. Just doing the best I can. Hope it helps.

//edit
I actually voted now given what Scawen said about win7 64 bit above, that's where I want to use it the most when all is said and done.
edit//
I voted xp but I also use Linux Ubuntu (9.10) (such as at the moment)
Crap.. something I meant to include in the other thread.. Scawen. For Macintosh.. There should probably be 2 seperate "trees" (If I am understanding your purpose of the thread correctly).. there should be a "Macintosh - Crossover" (Using Crossover Office/Games), and a "Macintosh - Wine" (Using Wine + X11 Server).

The reason for this is that both have their own compatibility issues and such.
XP all the way
Happy Windows 7 64-bit user here
why post the OS you're using when you've just voted for the OS you use?
Quote from dadge :why post the OS you're using when you've just voted for the OS you use?

Why do you ask?
#15 - Zay
Windows XP over here
so do any of u windows 7 64 bit users know where they fakkin store the mpr and sprs and setups? mine are hidden and cannot find them still lol.

i manually created folder in lfs and can save there..

but whenever i save replay its not saved in mpr folder saved sumwhere else lol
Windows Xp

SP3
Windows Vista, just recently I'm using Windows 7 Pro and will continue to use that.
Quote from BreadC :so do any of u windows 7 64 bit users know where they fakkin store the mpr and sprs and setups? mine are hidden and cannot find them still lol.

My LFS is in D:\LFS, and all my files are in their normal folders (D:\LFS\spr)
Quote from BreadC :so do any of u windows 7 64 bit users know where they fakkin store the mpr and sprs and setups? mine are hidden and cannot find them still lol.

i manually created folder in lfs and can save there..

but whenever i save replay its not saved in mpr folder saved sumwhere else lol

Change your folder options to show hidden files and folders
win 7 installing right now
Quote from dadge :why post the OS you're using when you've just voted for the OS you use?

Exactly what I was thinking. It's a poll, you vote by clicking. No need to make an additional post stating which option you just clicked
Quote from BreadC :nope done that nothing

Try the PM I sent you a while back, it may help now you've done that bit.

Also, back on topic, I'm blown away by the numbers up there at the top; for an OS that has yet to be one month from release 7 is doing OK.

EDIT - Maybe it's because it's the only one in italics in the poll?

Operating System Poll
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG