The online racing simulator
Team [400] newest driver
(18 posts, started )
Team [400] newest driver
I would like to announce the newest member of team [400]

[400] bal00 welcome to the team bal00, enjoy your time in the team and hope u can bring more success to the team.
Grats bal00, have fun
Congratulations...and celebrations.

*hums to myself*
Congrats bal00. Well done, I think you'll feel at home there.
Team 400; don't worry, bal00 will bring lots of sucess
#5 - Tukko
!! go girlpants go !!:static:

good luck bal00 and team 400
hahaha tuk
yeah goodluck chief
:drink::monkey::goodvibes
just wondering... can i join your team? you probably remember me, the guy that had his internet connection weird, Ill try and fix it though
Bawbag issues 1 year ban to me
I was driving on the lovely 400 server today (actually been on a lot lately) and was issued a one year ban from Bawbag, who I accidentally clipped while re-entering the circuit after going out of my way to steer clear of leaders (I joined race late). I immediately apologized to him, and in fact did not see him in my mirrors nor did I have a blue flag indicator and his response was to issue me a one year ban from the server.

Is this indicative of the LFS racing community at large? Make a mistake, apologize and then get a swift kick in the arse?

You 400 guys wanna do the right thing, you know how to fix it. Otherwise, I will take my enjoyment elsewhere. I don't need that kind of bullcrap from anyone. I thought this was a well respected racing group in the LFS community. So far I am not impressed with the hospitality.

:inq:
Ear Collector
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Probably best to take this to 400's website and dispute it there. Bawbag's a good guy, and if it really did happen like that I'm sure he'll have calmed down now and will be willing to talk to you about it.

Good point. I sent him a private mail via LFS desktop, hopefully he has indeed cooled down. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

EC
-
Well, first, thanks NAI, Duck, Chris and Tukko for the kind words.

Second, Ear Collector, since this discussion doesn't really belong here I don't want to drag it out any longer than necessary, but it should be noted that you didn't only hit Bawbag, you actually drove straight into a 4-car train.

You will have to discuss the ban with Bawbag, but you should be aware that joining a race late and crashing into a number of other cars within your first 2 minutes on the track will not earn you a medal anywhere, especially if it could be avoided with a single glance at the track map.

I hope to race with you again in the future, but please do familiarize yourself with the etiquette of driving online. Before reentering the track, check the track map and mirrors for other cars and choose an appropriate spot/speed/angle to reenter. Don't just shoot onto the track perpendicular to the road in a tight corner without looking.
Quote from bal00 :Well, first, thanks NAI, Duck, Chris and Tukko for the kind words.

Second, Ear Collector, since this discussion doesn't really belong here I don't want to drag it out any longer than necessary, but it should be noted that you didn't only hit Bawbag, you actually drove straight into a 4-car train.

You will have to discuss the ban with Bawbag, but you should be aware that joining a race late and crashing into a number of other cars within your first 2 minutes on the track will not earn you a medal anywhere, especially if it could be avoided with a single glance at the track map.

I hope to race with you again in the future, but please do familiarize yourself with the etiquette of driving online. Before reentering the track, check the track map and mirrors for other cars and choose an appropriate spot/speed/angle to reenter. Don't just shoot onto the track perpendicular to the road in a tight corner without looking.

Your recollection of the event differs from mine. I was in front of your pack and purposefully moved off into the sand to allow you all to pass which you did...I then had no indication anyone else was back there (not saying there wasn't since obviously he was) so I thought it safe to re-enter the track and then clipped him. You all passed me safely. I had no bad intentions and immediately apologized to him but without even a discussion he just booted me off. I think given the circumstances and the fact that I have been on there for awhile now and had pleasant experiences with many of you, I should have been given the benefit of the doubt.

I won't discuss this anymore. If you guys want to let me back on, just let me know, otherwise I shall have to play elsewhere.

EC
As far as I know, you're unbanned.

Concerning the crash itself, you probably just didn't see the pile-up that ensued because you spun.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4473/earcol6cq.jpg

But even if it had been only one car, always check the track map before you reenter.
-
Quote from Ear Collector :I was driving on the lovely 400 server today (actually been on a lot lately) and was issued a one year ban from Bawbag, who I accidentally clipped while re-entering the circuit after going out of my way to steer clear of leaders (I joined race late). I immediately apologized to him, and in fact did not see him in my mirrors nor did I have a blue flag indicator and his

you joined a server that was full of fast guys............and crashed into every 400 in there near enuff so you go fiqure..... i wish we had noob filter (or we have to stick our server on private and miss out on our freinds??

sorry ear we'll just make the server for you eh
and this is a thread to welcome bal00 to the team
one word springs to mind ear ..................pointless
Congrats GoodLuck bal00 and seeya on track
Quote from Psymonhilly :and this is a thread to welcome bal00 to the team
one word springs to mind ear ..................pointless

Like posting twice when you could have edited your original post?

Back on topic, hope you enjoy being in 400, bal00
Quote from _Rob_ :Like posting twice when you could have edited your original post?

i have 57 posts and i been here a yr so what wrong with getting a few extra posts for my count, but then again if this had stayed on topic i wouldnt have posted it would i
i might have to become part of the lfs spammer crew then eh:spam4:

Team [400] newest driver
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG