The online racing simulator
Redline name confusion
(29 posts, started )
Redline name confusion
Hey all

I just wanted to clear up a name issue and hope that I can clarify something. I'm part of a sim racing team called Team Redline www.teamredline.co.uk, we drive many sims and are not really driving LFS, if at all. We have been around since May 2000 and are outside of LFS one of the most well known teams.

We have had people asking about servers from another TeamRedline or Redline Racing, we are nothing to do with these guys and have no association with them whatsoever.

Thanks!
#3 - J@tko
Yes it seems so, I'm not sure why they have chosen such a similar domain name.

Anyway, as I said, we have nothing to do with them and hope you can make the distinction.
#5 - 5haz
So you were the guys behind the N2003 GTP Mod?

I always wondered of there was some kind of link or not.
Yes we did that too
Bunch of amateurs.

"..many sims"? I thought you were basically all iRacing now?

Bonus question:

So, in not more than 3,000 words, what's wrong with LFS? Or, at least, would you say that over the limit, LFS is too easy/grippy, Iracing is in the middle, and ISI is near impossible i.e. countersteering doesn't work properly?
go on..go on..tell us what you think.
Hehe, well mostly iRacing, maybe some GTR2:P

I cant speak for all the guys, but parts of LFS are incredible and its packed with features, but I'm not a fan of the "on-track feeling" (feels more like I have to drive by rote rather than feel) and I would love to see a new graphics engine The grip levels seem in the right place :P though I drove mainly the BF1.

I know there are a few physics quirks, but I think most sims have them.
Interesting. Thanks.
#10 - 5haz
Quote from Dom Duhan :but I'm not a fan of the "on-track feeling" (feels more like I have to drive by rote rather than feel)

The new physics that are in development should help sort that.

If only I was rich enough for iRacing.
Quote from 5haz :The new physics that are in development should help sort that.

If only I was rich enough for iRacing.

You were rich enough for Junior Ginetta! (I'm not letting that one go :razz
#12 - 5haz
Quote from Wilko868 :You were rich enough for Junior Ginetta! (I'm not letting that one go :razz

Thing is I wasn't, hence why I'm not in it now.
Quote from 5haz :Thing is I wasn't, hence why I'm not in it now.

I think that sums up most peoples experience of real racing right there.

I've known of the two distinct Redline teams for some time, I always wondered why the LFS team picked the name they did but as the original Redline have never really been part of LFS it didn't really matter - that is of course, except that the LFS team run servers that disgruntled drivers then go and seek out the forums for to bitch and whine like race drivers do when they need to blame their bad driving on somebody else.
Quote from Becky Rose :I always wondered why the LFS team picked the name they did

presumably because it isnt a particularly creative name
which tells you all you need to know about the team really
ha, the dom here because his team is mistaken funny story I just can add, that the team redline guys do a great job, especially when it comes to providing setups etc.
Quote from Dom Duhan :Hehe, well mostly iRacing, maybe some GTR2:P

I cant speak for all the guys, but parts of LFS are incredible and its packed with features, but I'm not a fan of the "on-track feeling" (feels more like I have to drive by rote rather than feel) and I would love to see a new graphics engine The grip levels seem in the right place :P though I drove mainly the BF1.

Ye, ye, ye. Why don't you just admit that you suck at LFS like you do at UT99
Just to clarify .. We are Redline Racing

Not Team redline , that would be our web address . Like a lot of web address's all over the net this was somewhat of a compromise ..

Im guessing that Team Redline are soon to open LFS servers ? Or maybe puting together a team for a major tournament ?

Just that if not ... post seems a little pointless
who was here first, i smell a name change coming soon...
-
(Hase) DELETED by Hase
Quote from DoC_uk :Just to clarify .. We are Redline Racing

Not Team redline , that would be our web address . Like a lot of web address's all over the net this was somewhat of a compromise ..

Im guessing that Team Redline are soon to open LFS servers ? Or maybe puting together a team for a major tournament ?

Probably because someone messaged on their site about y'alls servers? So they are trying to point out the fact that there are two different teams with a similar name. Not pointless at all.

Quote from bunder9999 :who was here first, i smell a name change coming soon...

Two different names, and I'm positive neither would want to change their name.
Quote from DoC_uk :Just to clarify .. We are Redline Racing

There has been some confusion (namely with potential sponsors and current who are asking questions), seeing as we are both under the sim-racing umbrella it has come to our attention.
Quote from Dom Duhan :There has been some confusion (namely with potential sponsors and current who are asking questions), seeing as we are both under the sim-racing umbrella it has come to our attention.

Hello mr.dom a few months ago,= i was driving on your lfs server and as the green lights came on the telephone rang and i had to answer it beacuse i was waitng for a improtant businses call so i just left the car stopped tehere one the pole postiion and everyone wreceked and i got baned could u pleeze unban me i didnt meant o wreckt anyone i just had to answer a call it doesnt happen very often. my nickname is tburnout. kthxbai.
pmsl /facepalm
Thats just... I have no words... Wheres that iron picture when you need it?
best post ive seen in a while, well done bumpdrafter. hm hm hm
Quote from 5haz :The new physics that are in development should help sort that.

You don't know that. I've seen plenty of people here make such statements but the fact of the matter is no one has even the faintest idea how drastically the physics update will change LFS. I'm sure it will improve cars' behaviours but as far as feel is concerned - which is what the OP was talking about - I very much doubt much - if anything - will change. Ie. it will probably still feel bland.

Redline name confusion
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG