The online racing simulator
cannot connect to any (FM) servers, please help
i can join any server no problems. but with any of the (FM) servers i get stuck on 'connecting' then getting 'connect timeout' or the 'clientconnect' error. also i can see the servers listed in lfsworld but not in the game on the server browser. does anyone have (FM) server addresses so i can try ping them?

i have ports forwarded and no software firewalls on. i can join these servers sometimes and other times it just hangs. any ideas how to fix this? im running a billion router. just find it strange, its really annoying. surely some others have had similar issues?

im desperate to get this fixed!

thanks
#2 - CSU1
...Is the network you are on used for any application that involves large amounts of connections for long periods of time?, for example a P2P file sharing app or web server?
nope nothing like that, even when i do (which is hardly ever) i stop any of that when playing games on the net
#4 - CSU1
...ok, most peers will keep pinging your ip for a response even if you app is not running. This will probably have little or no effect but seeing as how you are down under you might try Peerguardian, it is an ip range blocker and comes with predefined filters like P2P filters, ad filters etc....it might help some.
just tried it but problem persists, thanks for that though. its just odd, any other server i can join without any problems. i remember ages ago few people had same issue with joining CTRA servers but not sure whether they got around it or not
#6 - CSU1
np,

it's probably the servers - btw PG2 might be helpful to you anyway seeing as how you are half a world away when LFSing....just a thought.
heh thanks

must just be some sort of network setting which i'd need to enable or disable since i can sometimes join on there and other times i cant.
#8 - CSU1
Some users see a network performance boost by disabling QOS.

How to:

Network card/properties/QOS packet scheduler

might also help
this is annoying now, now i can connect to the servers. but this was before i read your message. im on wireless connection, have good strength and never have problems with lag etc. i noticed though, when a laptop in the house was using our connection the problems were happening, after it had logged off i restarted my router and now i can join. could be some sort of wireless problem with more than 1 connection.

if it comes up again ill try disabling QOS!
im bumping this thread, as i'm still having no luck. i tried disabling QoS and still no go

i tried on other computers here at home and it just times out while trying to connect. the thing is, i can see it in the server list only through lfsworld.net but not in game, also in lfs world i can view the relay and watch the cars live going round the track, so why can't i join the actual server?

i think it must be some setting in our router since its happening on all pc's. i really want to get this fixed, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sounds like either your router or your ISP prevents a direct connection to the FM servers. If you know the IP of the FM server you could try a "tracert <ip>" in the command line to see where it starts failing.

That you can see it on LFSW / LFS Remote is because you don't actually have a direct connection to the FM server, but only to LFSW which relays the data to you, sort of acting like a proxy. This is of course also the reason why there are no ping times displayed on the LFSW list, since it would display the ping of the LFSW server to the LFS server - not *your* ping.
yeah fair enough i understand what your saying. i have been trying to find out the ip addresses of the FM servers but no luck. any idea where to get them? i tried to see if i could ping or trace them but got no ip to try yet. i tried server info on lfsworld but nothing there

edit: found out its fragmaster.net and when i ping it it just times out. and i did tracert and this is the result:

Quote :Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\**>tracert www.fragmaster.net

Tracing route to www.fragmaster.net [85.114.140.116]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 2 ms 2 ms home.gateway [192.168.1.254]
2 15 ms 14 ms 15 ms lo5000.bras6.adl1.adnap.net.au [122.49.191.20]
3 14 ms 14 ms 15 ms g3-16.cor1.adl1.adnap.net.au [219.90.143.193]
4 14 ms 15 ms 13 ms vlan444.o5rxc76f000.optus.net.au [59.154.56.1]
5 201 ms 202 ms 201 ms ge-4-0-0-0.plapx-dr1.ix.singtel.com [203.208.149
.5]
6 205 ms 205 ms 205 ms 203.208.173.198
7 365 ms 364 ms 365 ms 217.239.37.146
8 359 ms 360 ms 410 ms trgw-dtag1-gig.dus1-de.fibre1.net [193.159.225.1
66]
9 354 ms 356 ms 356 ms lcgw-10g-fdip1.dus2-de.fibre1.net [62.141.47.130
]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.

edit 2: i just reset router with no one connected on it except me and its started working again. might be something that one of us is doing on the net which is interfering
I'm having a "similar" problem - I think it may have to do with your "Billion" router! I just bought one today and set it up and now no LFS! My problem is that I'm getting "Cant connect to Host" - Before with my NB9W I never ever had a problem. Now with this one I am getting issues (and driving me nuts since I've raced almost daily for 3 years!). I'm still scouring forums but my hunch it is "Billion" router related...
who is your ISP kat0san? im asking because a couple other people on Adam who I'm with have same issue, but not all of them. its odd.

what i do to get around it is reset my router pretty much, disable all connections to it except mine and then im able to join their servers. not sure if its a router setting or something that we are using at home and causing connection issues.

all i know is a clean reset to the router with no one connected except my pc lets me play on their servers. after a while when my dad and bro start doing their thing, next time i try reconnect it just hangs on 'connecting to host' so still not exactly sure of the cause.
I'm also having this problem with (FM) servers. same thing but im on Cable not wireless. asked about this before but no one replied glad its not just me
another person with same problem hmmm. you running a billion router as well?
maybe fm server owner has blocked the australian users, to prevent getting massive lag spikes..
Nah not running a billion router got some Link thing seems to work fine no problems with lag on MoE or most other leagues. i cant even go into the fragmaster website lol says almost the same thing "server is taking to long to respond" in game it says "connect timed out"
nah they haven't blocked aussie users because i always see them on there..
thats really odd though, when i cant connect to the server i also cannot get to the website. no idea what it is really. i just keep resetting my router to get on :/
Doing that doesnt help for me....the wierd thing is a couple of weeks ago it appeared in the server list in-game and i joined and raced like normal then the very next day some team mates where on it i couldnt see the server in the server list. so i did a find user online, it said blah blah user is on (FM) fox junkies would you like to join? click yes and i just get "connect timed out" FAIL
Hello,
those who cannot connect, would you kindly please give me the first two digits of your IP address (the first and second part, like 219.124.xxx.xxx)you're online with? Just to make sure that they're not blacklisted.
Thanks.
here ya go, my first two are: 219.90.xxx.xxx
thanks
Hi,
I double and triple checked blocked IP ranges, 219.xxx.xxx.xxx is definetly not blocked. However, the tracert you posted earlier suggests otherwise.
Could you please post a current tracert result?
Maybe at the time you did the tracert you were having a completely different IP address wich might have been blocked.
If you cant get past lcgw-10g-fdip1.dus2-de.fibre1.net on the tracert, this could (theoretically) only mean 2 things: FM server itself doesn't like you or something is very wrong in the datacenter's routing table where the FM server is hosted.
Let's see what we can find out.
Hi Failure!

Can you check if 84.237.143.*5* is blocked, please?
Hi,
no 84.xxx.xxx.xxx ranges are blocked, could you please post a tracert result?
Thanks!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG