The online racing simulator

Poll : Is it..

Live as in "I live in a house"
Live as in "That wire is live"
i always thought it was pronounced like in "the meaning of liff" and "the deeper meaning of liff"
Its funny the pronunciations people have.

Take my team mate Dodo, he calls me 'BOOGEE' on Teamspeak. Where I would phonetically pronounce it 'BO-GAY' (ignore the gay bit )

So its not 'BOOGERS' as some yanks might say.....
Its not Mr_Boooogeyman

Its BOGEY....as in...you have a large bogey hanging out your left nostril.
OR...."Watch out for enemy fire, BOGEY on your six" nnnnnnnneeerggghhh daga daga crash bang wallop.

edit: oh yes the topic, its Live as in 'I live on another planet' DUH! :doh:
Quote from Shotglass :i always thought it was pronounced like in "the meaning of liff" and "the deeper meaning of liff"

"The meaning of liff" doesn't make any sense. I think you mean "the meaning of laif" as in "life".
#29 - wE1l
Quote from AndroidXP :"The meaning of liff" doesn't make any sense. I think you mean "the meaning of laif" as in "life".

I suppose "the meaning of lif" is a Scottish accent?
Quote from tristancliffe :Yeah we had this on RSC once - hilarious.

Nope this has been discussed once in here too...

/me is interested who dares to vote for the second option...
Quote from wE1l :I suppose "the meaning of lif" is a Scottish accent?

nae chance!
#33 - ste_
I think the (so far) 9 people who have voted for "Live as in "That wire is live"" should get banned
#34 - wE1l
Quote from mrbogeyman :nae chance!

OK, easy mate. Just remember watching an interview of John Higgins, and he said something like "enjoy my lif".

I do think the difference in accent and pronounciation is interesting.
even if i suck in english , i've never thought one sec it could be pronouced as "live wire"...i mean come on , it gotta be some logical thinking there..
Quote from AndroidXP :"The meaning of liff" doesn't make any sense. I think you mean "the meaning of laif" as in "life".

look it up on google and thou shalt be enlightened
I stand corrected
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
Can't believe i've just read every single post in this thread

I really need to go get a lif
I only read yours and the first one - I can't even believe I did that! Silliest thread ever
Quote from Bean0 :FX-Oh definately.

Its FXO not FX0

Then again, my name should be pronounced Bean-Oh

No, actually it is written FX0 not FXO. F X Zero is correct I'm afraid.
Quote from Darkone55 :I always thought it was Live, from... like a news broadcast "We are now live at the... blabla". And as in XBox Live. Because you play it live, online, it's an online simulator.

Well, then it should've been "Live Speed" by that logic

Putting the "for" in the title makes that logic impossible.
#42 - wE1l
Ha, with me FXO is pronouced "FOX OH". I don't know why, but it's just those things that start from day one.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :No, actually it is written FX0 not FXO. F X Zero is correct I'm afraid.

Check out the attachment, looks like a letter to me
Attached images
lfs_fxo.JPG
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Check out the attachment, looks like a letter to me

Hmm. In the LFS Garage, the same character map appears to be used for 0 and O. And it's a taller shape like a 0 not an O, but being the same it's not conclusive. The same phenomenon is on the LFS Main site in the cars section, but then the character is more like an O in all situations on the website - the inverse of on the LFS Garage screen. Interesting. LFSW is the only place I've seen that... Perhaps even Victor doesn't know what it's called

Besides, FX- OH is silly... What's next - FZ FIVE-OH?
I always thought it was FXO myself not FX0 (zero)

I have always said the "live in the house" version
I've always called it Live as in Live from Washington DC... just because it is easier to say. Makes you wonder if you're really bilingual

I don't meet up with gringos anywhere anyway, so it hasn't been much of a problem.
Quote from Hankstar :I only read yours and the first one - I can't even believe I did that! Silliest thread ever

Think i'll head on over to RSC and ask them if it's pronounced "Gran Prick's Leg-end's", but i have a feeling i know what they'll say
I se it "Rive foa Spid", bicos I cannot pronaunce it propari
Quote from Mazz4200 :Think i'll head on over to RSC and ask them if it's pronounced "Gran Prick's Leg-end's",

ROFL
lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG