The online racing simulator
R1 Confirmation Spin-Off
Quote from dekojester :All teams have confirmed in time to avoid a penalty. Thanks !

Can you please tell me why SPDO are not subject to a penalty when it clearly states in the rules that you have to confirm both the team AND the drivers by the deadline?
Quote from StableX :Can you please tell me why SPDO are not subject to a penalty when it clearly states in the rules that you have to confirm both the team AND the drivers by the deadline?

Because they are the guest team.
Quote from racer hero :Because they are the guest team.

So you are telling me that guest teams do not have to follow the same rules that official teams have to follow?
Quote from StableX :So you are telling me that guest teams do not have to follow the same rules that official teams have to follow?

Obviously not... or they would have put the drivers in. Let Deko do his job, and you do yours.
Quote from StableX :Can you please tell me why SPDO are not subject to a penalty when it clearly states in the rules that you have to confirm both the team AND the drivers by the deadline?

We have stated before, and enforce it that as long as there is a confirmation of the team, even if drivers are TBA, we will accept that as a confirmation. Of course, if this practice becomes too commonplace, we will change that, but we trust that this will not be abused.
Quote from racer hero :Obviously not... or they would have put the drivers in. Let Deko do his job, and you do yours.

My job is simple. When a team, guest or official is seen to be breaking an official rule and not penalised, as Vice-Captain, my job is to bring it up. This is what I have done.

The reason for bringing this up is simple. If the guest team is seen to be allowed special privileges and not subject to the same rules of the official teams, what other rules are they allowed to not adhere to.
Quote from dekojester :We have stated before, and enforce it that as long as there is a confirmation of the team, even if drivers are TBA, we will accept that as a confirmation. Of course, if this practice becomes too commonplace, we will change that, but we trust that this will not be abused.

Shouldn't the rule be amended then?
Quote from StableX :Shouldn't the rule be amended then?

We will amend this rule and other rules accordingly following the completion of the round.
Quote from StableX :Shouldn't the rule be amended then?

You been taking lessons off Mr Chapman?

The show can go on without spdo, the main grid is full so whether they confirm a month beforehand or turn up on the server 10 mins before the race start is neither here nor there. The whole point is they are a guest team and thus do have special priviledges, like running advanced drivers if they wish; they are here at the request of Deko so I'm sure he can sort it out.
Quote from boothy :You been taking lessons off Mr Chapman?

The show can go on without spdo, the main grid is full so whether they confirm a month beforehand or turn up on the server 10 mins before the race start is neither here nor there. The whole point is they are a guest team and thus do have special priviledges, like running advanced drivers if they wish; they are here at the request of Deko so I'm sure he can sort it out.

Why not put them on first spot on the grid then ?. Since they have special privilegde.

Thats what your saying. I know thats overdoing it however why do we need the 19 pages with rules then. Guest team or not, GTAL has set the rules and all teams need to live by it so it should be applied on any of us.
The whole purpose of the guest team is too show us an example of the MoE/IGTC driver quality. They aren't scored for points, so why are you all worrying about it?
Quote from boothy :You been taking lessons off Mr Chapman?

While I see your point I put this to you. The Guest team which, is typically from MoE, or another top team, should surely be setting an example on how to act, drive etc. Following the rules should be a must. The fact that any team taking part doesn't have to follow rules and is seen to be allowed to have special privileges seems more ridiculous.

Quote from racer hero :The whole purpose of the guest team is too show us an example of the MoE/IGTC driver quality. They aren't scored for points, so why are you all worrying about it?

Exactly - so surely they should show the example by not breaking a rule!

Look, I know this is an AMATEUR league, but it would be good to show that the league can follow professional rules and stick to them
Quote from StableX :While I see your point I put this to you. The Guest team which, is typically from MoE, or another top team, should surely be setting an example on how to act, drive etc. Following the rules should be a must. The fact that any team taking part doesn't have to follow rules and is seen to be allowed to have special privileges seems more ridiculous.

Did I EVER say that they got special treatment moreso than no restrictions on drivers ? NO !

Do NOT assume that a guest team gets special privileges beyond no restrictions on drivers or take shots at a team AT ALL. Do NOT publicly discuss this anymore. This discussion is being split out and locked. Any further public discussion on this will result in a formal warning.

EDIT: THERE WAS NO RULE BROKEN BY ANY TEAM AT THIS ROUND. The rule does not explicitly state that a team must include an actual driver in the confirmations to be counted. The rules, and the OP in this thread DO NOT STATE THAT at all.
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
Rules VI 1+2 in the 2010 GTAL Rulebook state the following:

Quote :
VI.Confirmations Procedures
1. All teams are required to confirm which drivers from their approved roster will be taking part in that round.
2. Confirmations will open 5-7 days before the deadline, which is 23:59 UTC on the Wednesday preceding a race. Failure to confirm in time will result in a 10-spot grid penalty.

Here it could be seen to imply that you need to confirm drivers at the time of confirmation, or at least by the deadline. This is not the case and will be rectified for Round 2. However, of course the longer period of time you give us, the easier it makes our job
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG