The online racing simulator
Track conditions
(36 posts, started )
Track conditions
Hi racers

Can anyone explain how/why the track conditions varies so much.
Sometimes you make a good time just drivin around stearing with your little finger, and sometimes you cant get a decent time though you drive with your knuckles white
Read a comment the other day "no use comparing times because track conditions change all the time"
This is a game, not real life racing, so, "more rubber on track" is probably not the explanation.

love to hear from you

MPlayer
Regarding the white nuckle steering, your going to set much better times relaxed rather than gripping your steering wheel for all its worth. So you basically answered your own question.

Also, it could be to do with your tyre heat.
hmmm. dont really accept that answer, the "white nuckle" was just a matter of speaking, to symbolize how impossible it is somtimes to get a good laptime. If you drive on same server, same car, same setup....then...
Wind.

Mental attitude.

Pressure

Tyre Conditions
I especially agree with pressure. I can do run decent times solo, but the second I'm up against people, actually trying to get in front of them, my driving goes to pot. The same thing happens in Forza. I need to learn to try less
the less you have to do behind the wheel, the faster you will go
not if you like getting you're okeefe on, imo
hm hm hm
owizze, izoffized in my humblest of opinions

hm hm hm
Quote from Dajmin :I especially agree with pressure. I can do run decent times solo, but the second I'm up against people, actually trying to get in front of them, my driving goes to pot. The same thing happens in Forza. I need to learn to try less

sure, pressure could be a factor....when you´r racing against people who are 2 sec faster, you will be "in the way", no matter how good you drive
On the other hand, if you race against players 1 sec slower then i think you can drive more relaxed and keep a good pace.
Stress
Damage to car
Wind
Opponents
Weather (yeah, with dark weather you cant see a shit because brightness is too low)
Yes, watch your suspension damage on rallycross. It's a very big factor. Even with the default rallycross setup and the smoothest driving, I still get some suspension damage on Blackwood Rallycross.

Also, I drive with less mistakes when I take risks in other simulators, because I'm more concentrated that way. In LFS Demo, the cars are to slow to get this effect.

Tire heat is also a very big factor, especially when the rear tires are hotter/cooler than the front. You get the car unbalanced. This can be fixed in-race with the anti-roll bars.

Fuel is also very important. You need to adapt well to changing weight and changing balance. Again, anti-roll bars help.
If you drive smoothly with 100 % fuel, and on the maximum with 5 % or so, you'll get similar times, but if you try to push with 100 % fuel, it's much, much, much easier to make a mistake.

Pressure is biggest (at least for me) when you have to overtake someone for the win in the last laps, after you melted down his lead. Be patient, and if you don't overtake him in the overtake spots on the last lap, just stay behind him, show yourself in his mirrors, and don't do stupid things. Remember that the pressure is also on him.
Quote from mcintyrej :Regarding the white nuckle steering, your going to set much better times relaxed rather than gripping your steering wheel for all its worth. So you basically answered your own question.

He didnt' mean that literally, it's partly an idiom...
Quote from Dennis93 :so true muhahah Woefull gronk

lol, not kenneth okeefe. its a guy that useto race karts in aus, pretty much every corner he'd come in at about 45 degrees angle, hence why we say, "getting our okeefe on"
Quote from arrowkart4 :lol, not kenneth okeefe. its a guy that useto race karts in aus, pretty much every corner he'd come in at about 45 degrees angle, hence why we say, "getting our okeefe on"

They could be related then.
maybe, but the okeefe in aus was actually quick in contrast to ur mate ken
rof, ill give you that one, hm hm hm

izoffized imho
owizze imho
Quote from hyntty : He didnt' mean that literally, it's partly an idiom...

I assumed it literal because I remember a bit discussion on here about people using the "death grip" quite a while ago!
azza, scozza, back to english
ease up gronk, we're speakin english, so stress less imo cob
You two are a bloody embarrassement.......rock on.

Btw, When i'm racing and I get all angry and "kafuzzled" I drive faster when I saw at the wheel, instead of driving like little miss daisy.

And then when I get a drive through....
OMG I almost replied to duck. Never ever let me do that

Track conditions
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG