Coulthard
Montoya
Massa
Barrichello
Schumacher, R.
Heidfeld
Klien
Fisichella
Quote :This and most of your other statements shows that you know as much about F1 as the man in the moon.

Oh come on. If you want me to give an objective view of F1 you need to remove my passion for it first.

Quote :What do you thing about Trulli and Fisichella?

Fissi: Time to take up wine making.
Trulli: No stamina.

Quote :saying that he wrecked the cars last year driving too fast is a lie. Bouncing around?

Watch Raikonnnen when he is recovering his position, which happened quite a lot last year, and you will see someone slamming a car onto and off kerbs and overdriving it. Then the car breaks down, and they called it bad luck? I'm confused.
I would say Raikkonen just because he deserves attention more than anyone else. I've said it before, the commentators hardly ever focus on him... it is like when he races, he is in his own world, doing quite well, and comes out in good results respectively. Kimi is a great driver, but somehow McLaren has been out of focus this year, probably due to Montoya being a total idiot.

In all seriousness though, Kimi is someone to cheer for... and even if he may not be doing extremely well, he is a contender that should be watched more and more. Otherwise we just get people looking at Alonso and Schumi, and those pair are very boring... UNLESS they get into a close points battle near the end of the season. Otherwise, win or lose, I'll be paying attention to how Kimi does. Because despite his setbacks with the car and stuff.... I think he is giving it his all.

Oh and I will never root for Scott Speed, because he hasn't got the skill to match I think... or maybe it is just experience in F1. I certaintly hope he continues in F1 for a while, and doesn't have his career cut short. Because I think a lot of drivers need time and experience so they can move up into better teams... like Alonso!
It is a strange question, asking other people who you should choose as your favourite driver, bit like asking folk to choose your favourite cheese, but, coming from me thats a "pot calling kettle black" scenario, so i wont criticise

Anyway, we dont get much NASCAR over here, so we dont really know too much about Mark Martin ?, after a quick google, all i found out was that he's 47 and got grey hair, so on that basis, then perhaps you should be following Gerhard Berger or Martin Brundle

But, perhaps if you could explain why you like Mark Martin, his character, his driving style, his attitude towards racing etc, then perhaps we can give you the name of a driver thats a close match.
Quote from Becky Rose :Watch Raikonnnen when he is recovering his position, which happened quite a lot last year, and you will see someone slamming a car onto and off kerbs and overdriving it. Then the car breaks down, and they called it bad luck? I'm confused.

Once again, Räikkönen with two Ks and two Ns, not three, two. Driving over curbs aggressivly kills engines? Now Im totally confused, last years Nurburing was different, the car didnt handle the cubic tire which was understable, you could blaime Villeneuve but it doesnt help. And yes, bad luck while making the car, it was fast but not so reliable.
Why does the general public put so much pressure on Button??? there seems to be this huge expectation that he will win soon but can they not see the car is s***! So far this season Button is still caning Barrichello who is a well respected driver and also struggling with the car... surely if Barrichello cant make it quick then there must be something fundamentally wrong! Im not Buttons biggest fan but I like him and i think if people laid off him a bit he would have a better chance!

M Schumacher - Never liked him never will.... since a race i saw in 94 or 95 when I was 7... rammed Damon Hill off the track and never liked him since... blindingly quick though and his records are impressive... however i only respect him when considereing the past few seasons as before about 2002 there was a definite tendancy to cheat... so no respect for early seasons

Massa - seams quick but makes mistakes, dont think he'll ever do anything special

Alonso - very quick and impressive driving (130R anyone?) not keen on his personality but did i say he was quick??

Fisi - Complains too much... you have the same car as Alonso mate!

Raikkonen - bit of a stealth man and nearly always drives really well but is not noticed... should leave Maclaren and that will sort his problems

Montoya - dont know what to make of him after all this time... has very good days but also very bad days... it is good to have a character like him in F1 although not every one will like him

Barrichello - great respect for him! always felt after his days at Ferrari that he deserves a damn site more than he has got from his F1 career... would like nothing more than to see him become champion as he is a nice guy

Ralf - nothing special, nicer than his brother

Trulli - Good in testing and qualifying but hasnt grasped the concept of 'racing' yet

Coulthard - Very consistent and impressive driving... should channel some of his complaining energy into some on track aggression and he might do a bit better

Liuzzi - great potential imo.... seems to have all the neccessary qualities for F1 but needs nuturing in a bigger team!

Speed - tbh i dont know much about him so no comment

Klien - seems like and average driver tbh... just gets on with things

Webber - quick and consistent like coulthard except with a bit more on track enthusiasm... deserves a better car

Rosberg - same as Liuzzi, great potential but has been unlucky in recent races... give him time

Heidfeld - nothing special.... dont really know why he is in F1 tbh....

Villenueve - gets paid faaaaaaaaaaar too much for what he does.... had a brilliant first couple of seasons and then ran out of talent... doing better this year though but i need more to be convinced

Albers and Monteiro - havent seen enough of them to really know what they are like

Sato - oh god!! i can see the other drivers reaching for the [nOOb!!!! blue flag LET ME PASS!!] buttons on their steering wheels already!

Montagny - only just started so not sure... seems to have gone well before F1 though

Ide - :clapclap: :clapclap: :clapclap: did some order a (semi) mobile chicane?? as much chance of doing well as there is finding rocking horse poo!

Anyway... those are my opinions on the drivers don't have a go if you disagree as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... cheers!
Quote from Becky Rose :
Montoya is better than Raikonnen who is hugely over-rated. When Raikonnen is behind he over drives the car and bounces it around too much, that's why he has so many reliability problems.

Michael Schumacher. Makes as many mistakes as the rookies, has been known to outright cheat to win a championship.

Thank you for the most cheeringful burst of laugh for today.

The person I hate the most in the whole F1-circus is Mr. Montoya. He should run back to the ovals because he can't drive F1:s worth crap. Always blaming his own mistakes to the cars fault. What an idiot.

Schumi? Mistakes? Those words don't mix up in the same sentence.
Quote :Driving over curbs aggressivly kills engines?

Huh? Bouncing the car around, dropping it down 4 inch drops with you dont have that much ground clearance, doing that corner after corner, that kills the car... it shakes things loose. Drive an F1 car like a banger and it will respond with mash. Riakinenn can drive very well, but when he gets behind he looses his head and overdrives, watch last season and you will see him do it in around half of the races. Good to watch and study up close, for the sheer amazement of an F1 car never quite getting all 4 wheels on the ground.

Quote :Schumi? Mistakes? Those words don't mix up in the same sentence.

Michael Schumacher makes the most mistakes of all the top drivers in Formula One. He is one of the best, but in my personal opinion has never been the best driver in Formula One at any point in his carear, it's an opinion that is not widely shared because he has many times had the best package of driver+car+engine+tyres which = success.

Success can easily cause vision to become blinkered, especially where sport is concerned as passions rule objectivity. Which is true both of my opinion of him, and of everyone who thinks he's the best.
Quote from Becky Rose :. Riakinenn can drive very well, but when he gets behind he looses his head and overdrives, watch last season and you will see him do it in around half of the races.

Looses his head? Last season the McLaren was the quickest car (atleast at the end of season) how about if he tries to pressure the driver in front and tries to overtake? I really dont remember him braking the car because of this, the cars arent made of sugar they must be able to take some aggressive lines ffs. You are misspelling Riakkonensignennne on purpose just to irritate me, troll.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

Quote :I really dont remember him braking the car because of this

So why did his car break down every second race then? Oh that's right, Raiykonen was unlucky... Perhaps it was the car? If so, why has his reliability problems plauged him consistently year after year?

Look the guy is quick, ok I accept that, he's got a bit of talent. Not as much as Alonso and he's not got the outright pace of Schumacher, but the fact he keeps retiring and there is a reason for it. That's why he'll never be champion, not without a huge car advantage anyway, because he doesn't have as many races in the calender as everyone else.

McLaren never have and never will make a bullet proof car, their ethos is to make it fast then make it work. Ferrari on the other hand may be a good move for him, because their philosophy is to finish the race before trying to win it. Maybe it'll be the making of him?
Well on the season before last season the engine was crap and it blew up in allmost every race, thats something which is impossible driver to control.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Because Super Aguri aren't facing F1, they are racing in the Formula 1 and a half category.

:chairfall :clapclap: So funny lol

Raikkkkonnenennnenenennenenn (think top gear and their koennigggssseggggggg for koenigsegg) i think he is a good driver if given a competitive car hes fast. But alonso, schu and DC are all quick in competitive cars.
raikkonen - fast but does take some risks at times with his driving.
alonso - quick and a good driver
schu - a good driver but has only succeded so weel due to always be given good cars
DC - not gonna win championship but a good driver who IMO deserves respect.
Becky from your point of view or lets better say with your logic that means that Button is the biggest cheater of all times because he once had a 2nd (secret) tank in his BAR-Honda and didn't told the stewarts about it.

Do you really think the drivers build the cars or they are responsible for mysterious aerodynamic behavior of the wings?
Or the Drivers are responsible for the right petrol (once Benetton und Williams had the wrong fuel at the same time)

The Drivers usually do what they been told. If the Team says i.e. to Schumacher like they did in the silverstone race in (i think) 1998 "wait with your stop-and-go penalty till the last lap because there is a flaw in the rules and you can still win with it" Then every Driver would do so. (Btw. this penalty was cancelled by the stewarts the same day. So he had won the race anyway.)

Something else is when J. Villeneuve blocked Giancarlo Fisichella at the Nürburgring. His penalty was his 3 fast qualifying laps didn't count because he hindered Fisichella. I would call things like that "the driver tried to cheat" because this is usually caused by the driver himself. But who knows maybe he was told to do so over the pit radio. We'll never know.

Anyway have fun with F1. I do
no one diserves an f1 championship titel more than rubens barrichello.

well thats what i think anyway

he realy seems the nicest guy on the track. if he was in a ferarri without shumi in he's team he would have had a fair chance 2. not a sure thing but good ods i think. i'm hoping he wins at least one gp this season.
#39 - wE1l
Quote from snellejowan :no one diserves an f1 championship titel more than rubens barrichello.

well thats what i think anyway

he realy seems the nicest guy on the track. if he was in a ferarri without shumi in he's team he would have had a fair chance 2. not a sure thing but good ods i think. i'm hoping he wins at least one gp this season.

His reputation is in danger at the moment...
why is his reputation in danger and not his team's? it really seems like barachello doesnt have the best car under him at all...
Quote from Gabkicks :why is his reputation in danger and not his team's? it really seems like barachello doesnt have the best car under him at all...

And with that kinda car in hand i think his performance is not bad at all.Seriously i feel sad for that guy, he deserves a lot more.
Schumacher is me man. But i would also watch the bf1

If you watch the Indy 500 go for Danica Patrick.
Quote :Becky from your point of view or lets better say with your logic that means that Button is the biggest cheater of all times because he once had a 2nd (secret) tank in his BAR-Honda and didn't told the stewarts about it.

Really? I never knew that was my point of view. Please avoid putting words into my mouth, as my opinion of Button is actually derived from meeting and racing him back at the start of our careers, and it's a very low opinion indeed.

As for the Raykoenen debate, my opinion there is derived from watching his driving style. I watch what the F1 drivers do very closely, I dont watch a car take a bend, I watch where it turns in and so on. From doing that I have reached a personal conclusion that Rayckonnen drives beyond his ability when he's frustrated, and he has been frustrated quite a lot over the last few years. Whether you agree with that or whether your sporting passion over rules your judgement or knowledge, that's your deal - there's no harm in cheering him on if you want him to win - I wont take that away from you. I myself dont think he'll win a title outside of Ferrari and i've said why.

Quote :no one diserves an f1 championship titel more than rubens barrichello

I'm inclined to agree, i've been wondering for several years now, "Just how good is Rubens Barrichello?" as we've had no way to tell at all. Now he's up against Jenson Button we can also finaly see, also we can find out if Jenson is any good too because he hasn't had a team mate since Alain Prost (who thrashed him, but he was a rookie at the time).

Rubens is starting to come good, it's taken him a bit since joining the B.A.R. to adapt and that's not a good sign as racing drivers need the ability to adapt, but to some extent it does explain his performance so far this year. However now he's starting to get the knack of the B.A.R. I hope we'll finaly get answers to those two long standing questions, he's already upstaging Jenson over a single lap - he just needs to maintain it.

Although in fairness Jenson always has been rubbish at a single lap. "We have a problem with not generating enough heat." = "I lack confidence on cold tyres".
Button had Prost as teammate? When he was 13 and driving karts? Did Prost drive some kart races during his 93 championship run which was his last racing in Formula 1? Btw. JB's rookie year was at Williams against Ralf Schumacher who didn't quite trash him

Thank you, Becky, this shows how little you know about F1 and how anyone should just avoid your posts.

Anyone hits the curbs as hard as Raikkonen does. Just take a look at Alonso last year in Magny Cours for example, at times he was in the air with all four wheels. Nowadays, the only time you overdrive your car is if you put it in the wall. Everything else the cars can take. The times when drivers broke their cars by overreving or other "wrong" driving have been over for quite some time. This is what every mechanic, engineer, driver and team boss in F1 will tell you.

Quote :"We have a problem with not generating enough heat." = "I lack confidence on cold tyres".

Right. I guess you dont drive slower when your tires are cold fresh out of the pits in LFS than you do with them at optimum temp, do you? God should have given you a brain. Try to use it at times.
Quote from Hoellsen :Right. I guess you dont drive slower when your tires are cold fresh out of the pits in LFS than you do with them at optimum temp, do you? God should have given you a brain. Try to use it at times.

Of course you drive slower there is less grip!! But you can still push hard to warm them up... you just have to look at the way alonso throws the car around to see he doesnt lack confidence on cold tyres... whereas button does otherwise he would warm them up in the same way!

Whether thats his fault or the cars is open to debate and tbh its probably a bit of both.... you have to admit alonso is a bit of an alien in the tyre warming department!
Quote :Thank you, Becky, this shows how little you know about F1 and how anyone should just avoid your posts.

I've been watching F1 since Brazil 1984 and have not missed a race, but sometimes I get muddled. You are quite right that my placement of Button with Prost was a mistake, I was thinking of Damon Hill when Prost refused to drive the number 0 car. It was an error.

Your attack on the other hand is quite easy to see through. You dont like me because I think Schumacher is a cheating little schmuk who ripped off Jordon and then won a championship by doing something that in LFS would have branded him a wrecker. I'm sorry if that dents your national pride, but it's really no reason to attack me because I have different views of my favorite sport to you.

As I said before i'm passionate about my motorsport, and sometimes I wave the flag more than listen to reason, just as anyone who supports Schumacher is doing - as the guy doesn't deserve any more of the success that he's been given on a plate.
Quote :Right. I guess you dont drive slower when your tires are cold fresh out of the pits in LFS than you do with them at optimum temp, do you? God should have given you a brain. Try to use it at times.

You can pussy foot about being smooth and wait for the tyres to come to you (Button) and loose valuable time at some of the most critical times of the race (start, safety car, after pitstop).

Or you can nail it and generate some heat with a bit of wild driving (Alonso), and in so doing overtake other cars and win races.

I'd rather drive with *MY* brain thanks . It appears to be more functional.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#48 - wE1l
Quote from thisnameistaken :My mother watches F1, believe it or not, and Rubens is her favourite driver because he's such a nice guy. I'll have to disagree with you though - I don't think he's fast enough.

He's always been in the same league as Coulthard; a fast and consistent racer but somehow missing that vital ingredient that world champions have.

Er, what that vital ingredient you're talking about? Luck?
#49 - wE1l
Quote from Gabkicks :why is his reputation in danger and not his team's? it really seems like barachello doesnt have the best car under him at all...

He's about 1 sec slower than Button in the race.
Just a small reminder here, we have had other drivers who have acted cheap on the track (wrecking).But somehow everybody only talks about Schumacher.What about Senna and Prost ?

Who should I root for in F1?
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG