The online racing simulator
Helicopter view on second monitor
Is it possible to place the helicopter view on a second monitor in Z25?
As far as I can see, the multiple screen option is only to expand the view angle while in car view.

Or maybe a demo license which can view all tracks as a spectator (not able to join offcourse). This way I could run a demo license in helicopter view mode. Or maybe add a spectator license (which can only be used to view races)?
This post is a pretty good idea, but should be placed into Improvement Suggestions though.
Maybe try 360° FOV?

Fish/bird vision FTW!
I've tried it, that's not really what I ment. It's some sort of helicopter view, but not enough detail.
I was thinking more like the helicopter view in LFS. High detail, so you can see where exactly the other car is, who is chasing you..
I understand what you mean. You want to have invidually camera angles on the different monitors right? Lets say that the left monitor shows cockpit veiw while the right one shows either a custom veiw pointing backwards or helicopter veiw or any other veiw for that matter. Could be much helpfull but I think it would need some computerpower.. or well.. I have no clue but either way..

Not sure if it works, so sorry, canot help you further on that mate
2nd lfs licence with another instance of lfs open xD
#10 - RS1T
Quote from BreadC :2nd lfs licence with another instance of lfs open xD

It would work, but i'm not sure it's the most cost effective option :P
Quote from The Very End :I understand what you mean. You want to have invidually camera angles on the different monitors right? Lets say that the left monitor shows cockpit veiw while the right one shows either a custom veiw pointing backwards or helicopter veiw or any other veiw for that matter. Could be much helpfull but I think it would need some computerpower.. or well.. I have no clue but either way..

Not sure if it works, so sorry, canot help you further on that mate

Shouldn't take any more computing power than using two monitors normally, especially with an overhead view on one screen. I think it's a great idea to be able to have different views on different screens. +1
It would only take the same power as running lfs twice..
+1 from me also, maybe make use of the old monitor under the desk since I started using the TV
I was asking about this earlier, cause i only have 2 screens right now and they arent the same size, so it would be nice to have it as heli view och mirror view. But as heli view, i would regard it almost as cheating. well, not really cheating. But you really shouldent have it like that as with heliview. It gives an advantage that can be the edge over many others.
+1 for this

I had this same idea just last night, after a couple of messy T1 incidents.

It's probably just inexperience, but I find it tricky to know if I'm safe to turn in when there's someone in my blind spot...

I look across and they're not to my side, but then turn in and get tapped on the corner and spun - is there a way to get round this, or is it just down to experience at judging the distance in mirrors?

I don't want to use a second camera angle to gain an advantage, and I'd rather not do it at all as it kinda detracts from the immersion of the sim, but I also want to make sure I don't cause incidents unneccesarily (or leave the door wide open when I needn't have)!
What would be nice is having a little radar as we had in Daytona USA from Sega :

As you can see, the square shows where the other vehicles are around you. Not realistic at all but it can somewhat replace our peripheral vision.
I like the idea of having another view on a second monitor, no matter what it's looking at. +1 for me
Quote from LFSn00b :Sure this could be recreatable with LFS remote, no?

I looked at Remote, but it seemed to lag about a second or two behind. Obviously, to be useful, the other view would need to be realtime.
Quote from nick. :i like the idea of having another view on a second monitor, no matter what it's looking at. +1 for me

+1

Helicopter view on second monitor
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG