The online racing simulator
#1 - TNDA
Forced pitstop / penalty based on cartype (Parity)
Hello

I'm trying to set up an automated race series for all road cars with a respectable level of parity between them.

Doing this by means of massive inlet restrictions makes the faster cars like LX6 and FZ50 much too boring to drive. Mass and tyre handicaps do not slow them down anywhere near enough.

The solution is ideally forced pitstops, or at the least single forced pitstop for specific cars. An alternative solution is to give specific cars a /p_sg (stop-go penalty).

I've attempted to do this through LFSLapper, issuing penalties based on cartype however I'm only able to check and penalize the cars as they leave the pit. Apon race start/restart there is no check and the faster cars go without penalty.

Currently I have it half working by lapper spectating all cars on race start, forcing them to manually leave the pits and join the grid as the starting lights count down. This poses a few problems... Some of players aren't even able to make it back onto the grid in time and it's just a very haphazard way of going about it.

Would it be possible for any of of you programming gurus out there to create something that is able to force specific cars to pit, or give car-specific penalties?

I know it's a big ask but if you're willing I would really really really appreciate it.

Cheers in advance.

-T
Maybe do it by air-restriction or added ballast
How about setting mustpit to yes? Then everyone has to pit and the faster cars have to pit a second time due to the lapper enforced penalty.
It's entirely possible to dish out penalties several times, there are plenty of InSim events you could use for that purpose. I'm not going to provide source as I don't use Lapper, but here are some ideas that should be possible with Lapper script alone:
  1. Loop through the players upon receiving an IS_RST and penalize as needed.
  2. Penalize fast cars again, if needed, when they leave the pit lane after their first penalty related pit stop. IS_PLA where Fact is PITLANE_EXIT. Either combined with #1 or /mustpit.
  3. Penalize depending on lap times and differences between them, SPX and LAP.
  4. Penalize if a certain velocity is exceeded.
There's probably more, but that's all I can come up with right now
I think that all things you want can be done with Lapper.
The new beta version even have more options on checking things related to pitlane.
I do think it requires manualy made code inside Lapper.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG