The online racing simulator
Season 2010: Rules
Linked below are the rules for the 2010 Season of Grand Touring Amateur League. There are 21 pages, mostly dealing with possible events that we hope would never happen.

Please take a look over it, point out any errors et cetera. For ease, in the next day or two I'll be making a "Cliff's Notes" version with all the regular rules that are always need to know and posting it here for ease of reference as well.

Find the rules HERE (you can also hit previous versions there as well)
#2 - pik_d
The original rules had qualifying sessions on both the Sunday and Friday before the race (as MoE does it). I'd like to go back to this as my team is composed entirely of Americans and qualifying is now around 2PM on Friday afternoon, instead of 2PM on Sunday and 2PM on Friday.

I know most teams are mostly Europeans so 7PM on Friday isn't so bad, but for is it is.

Also I think that two 30 minute sessions each day (same as MoE) with half of the cars taking part in each session would work better with this switch.
#3 - kiste
Can i download any decalpacks for gtal or templates?
#4 - J@tko
Quote from kiste :Can i download any decalpacks for gtal or templates?

You can, but they're not done yet
#5 - J@tko
The rules in a slightly less "deko-ified" form:
  • Restrictions: FZR 20%, FXR 23%, XRR 24%+15kg. Don't put 'em on - GTFO the rest of the session.
  • Entry procedure is already dealt with - if you're late with an application you can read the rules on how to apply as a punishment.
  • Any peeps with MoE or IGTC experience need to have dispensation to compete. E-mail us if you need this done.
  • Skinz need to be uploaded to the correct thread before the race, with all the correct shizz [number boardz, sun strip, sponsor logos e.t.c] - Don't do it and get a DT.
  • Names: ## N.Surname
  • Please confirm your teams attendance before each round before wednesday before the race at midnight. 10-grid penalty if you don't. You get 5 main drivers and up to 3 reserves. If you need to swap some mains and reserves, or add some more drivers, contact an admin.
  • If after 4h after deadline there are still spots left, waiting list teams will be invited in.
  • Quali is in 2 pools starting at 1900 + 1955 UTC on Fridays before the race. Cars 00-14 are in Pool 1. Everyone else is in Pool 2. If it ain't your pool qualifying atm, then GTFO server. Deko will shout in here when you need to join. The grid is the combined results of the 2 sessions.
  • You can have 2 peeps from your team on server during Q. However, only one on track at a time. You can swap via driver change or Shift-P/S.
  • Only shift-p or s from in the pit lane. Anywhere else will end your session.
  • Whoever drives your team's fastest lap must drive at least 1 lap [excluding SC starts/inlaps/outlaps]. If, for some reason, that person cannot do that [they die or something], then please tell us and give the reason why.
  • Look at teh schedule for start times. Get on server 10 mins before "race start" time.
  • Don't chat whilst d is doing the grid. If you do, you will get a) yelled at and b) your fastest lap from q for the next race taken away.
  • Race Start: Rolling Start under SC. Single file until last sector, then stop weaving and form up in double file. Pole-sitter can choose side - left or right. (We'd rather not middle. It makes it messy)
  • If d thinks you've done a crap job of forming up, he'll make you do it again. and again. and again. until you get it right. The SC will keep going round until you do. [BTW there's an error there d - "not be to the Race Director’s Discretion." makes no sense]
  • SC procedure [below] also applies at the start.
  • You can use a max of 6 drivers during Q+Race.
  • You can't drive more than 75% of the race. If you've done between 73-77% - we'll take a look. Penalty for this is losing all the laps you've done over 75%
  • Driver swap as often as you like, whenever you like. But GTFO server within a lap of handing over. Or we'll make you GTFO. And please, don't come on server until within a lap of getting "in" the car.
  • When you come in server, please don't have your name as "TVE IS A BASTARD" from the DD Server the night before. Format it correctly BEFORE you get in server or get a penalty.
  • If you seriously f**k up your car and you can't move, just wait where you are [not like you can do anything else!] and wait for d to get the SC out or tell you to spec or whatever.
  • If your car is a bit f**ked up, but you can still drive, GTFO the racing line and drive carefully back to the pits. If you're struggling, d will call the SC and Timo in the Rescue Car will come and try to help you [but probably make it worse and wreck you] get back to pits.
  • If you want to make a complaint againt some n00b for twatting you up the arse/wrecking you, make a complaint in the protest thread, in the format given three. Only protest incidents you were involved in. Don't make protests after 36h post-race.
  • Under Green Flag, pits are open. Go in as much or little as you like. Although, research has shown that number of pitstops is proportional to finishing position. So don't go in there too much.
  • Don't cut the blend line. [unless d tells you that you can] Use any pit stall you like, as long as its the last one that is available.
  • Under SC, pits are open unless the field is near pit exit. Then it isn't open.
  • Don't mow down all the poor pit crews when you're going to your pits. You are only permitted to mow down the pit crew before and the pit crew after your pit stop box.
  • When SC is deployed [you can't miss it. It's a large yellow message saying "SC DEPLOYED". And some moron in a FZ5 comes and interrupts the race], slow down and don't overtake. Go slow behind SC. And don't twat people up the arse cos you were going too quickly.
  • If someone "does a Veccioni/Hamilton" and wrecks it on the last lap causing an SC, race to the line, but watch out for poor Tim/Lewis and don't crash into him.
  • On its inlap, the SC will turn its lights off. Leader holds pace until the "Restart Line" [basically some orange cones :P] from which he can start to accelerate. "Doing a Jackson" and overtaking before the S/F line is permitted, as long as green flag is out.
  • BTW, don't floor it at restart point on the initial start. Wait for the Green.
  • If the SC is needed again [e.g Some moron does a Jackson and wrecks someone on the restart :hide:] then it'll come straight back out and we try again next time around.
  • "8. The driver of the Safety Car shall be proficient in driving the vehicle that is chosen to be the Safety Car." LOOOL! TOMMY? PROFICIENT!?
  • We can give out penalties if you've done something wrong. Or we can be like the FIA, and give out penalties even if you havn't.
  • Do any penalties withing 10 mins or face going around for nothing. We'll take your laps away from you. Mwahahahaha.
  • If the server fails, or some moron decides to wreck 80%+ of the field, d will pull the red flag. Park yourself wherever d tells you to. Unless the server crashed, in which case it would be quite hard...
  • FFS don't Spec/Pit unless d tells you to. We like SCs. They make it more interesting. And give us more chance to laugh at someone for crashing the SC.
  • You get points depending on where you finish. Look in the rules as I cba to copy it here. You get extra points for pole and attending all the races.
  • Incase franky's p0rn torrents cause the main server to crash, we'll designate a secondary server for us to go to. We'll just kick all the cruisers off it if we need to.
  • Pass will be sent to all managers and vice-managers before the race. Don't have it? shout at your manager. And it won't change unless some n00b gives it to a member of [CD] and they come on server cheering for their team. Then we'll change it and give it to you.
  • We need you to be on IRC. I can't remember what the thingy is, something like #ndr@gamesurge.com
  • If you need us more urgently, or just want to hear Timo's sexy voice, come on our vent server. Again, can't remember off-hand, but I'm sure it's posted somewhere.
  • Don't block messages. Deko gets stressy because he thinks you're ignoring him.
  • Don't chat when chat is closed. You'd be AMAZED at how many people can't read "CHAT CLOSED".
So there's ma light-hearted little summary of the rules. Please do read the proper version at least once [as I've missed out quite alot of stuff], then if you need a refresher, you can look at this to remind you. I've taken the liberty of leaving out the stuff that says what a DT penalty is and stuff.
My word..........
You must have been bored....
#7 - J@tko
Oh and please DO NOT ASK US ABOUT THE BROADCASTING SITUATION. ATM we have no idea about what will and won't be broadcasted, nor to what extent. Consider it as a nice surprise.
Hilarious!
Quote from pik_d :the original rules had qualifying sessions on both the sunday and friday before the race (as moe does it). I'd like to go back to this as my team is composed entirely of americans and qualifying is now around 2pm on friday afternoon, instead of 2pm on sunday and 2pm on friday.

I know most teams are mostly europeans so 7pm on friday isn't so bad, but for is it is.

also i think that two 30 minute sessions each day (same as moe) with half of the cars taking part in each session would work better with this switch.

+1 (except replace Americans with North Americans)
#10 - CSF
Will the series be broadcast?
Quote from J@tko :The rules in a slightly less "deko-ified" form:
  • Restrictions: FZR 20%, FXR 23%, XRR 24%+15kg. Don't put 'em on - GTFO the rest of the session.
  • Entry procedure is already dealt with - if you're late with an application you can read the rules on how to apply as a punishment.
  • Any peeps with MoE or IGTC experience need to have dispensation to compete. E-mail us if you need this done.
  • Skinz need to be uploaded to the correct thread before the race, with all the correct shizz [number boardz, sun strip, sponsor logos e.t.c] - Don't do it and get a DT.
  • Names: ## N.Surname
  • Please confirm your teams attendance before each round before wednesday before the race at midnight. 10-grid penalty if you don't. You get 5 main drivers and up to 3 reserves. If you need to swap some mains and reserves, or add some more drivers, contact an admin.
  • If after 4h after deadline there are still spots left, waiting list teams will be invited in.
  • Quali is in 2 pools starting at 1900 + 1955 UTC on Fridays before the race. Cars 00-14 are in Pool 1. Everyone else is in Pool 2. If it ain't your pool qualifying atm, then GTFO server. Deko will shout in here when you need to join. The grid is the combined results of the 2 sessions.
  • You can have 2 peeps from your team on server during Q. However, only one on track at a time. You can swap via driver change or Shift-P/S.
  • Only shift-p or s from in the pit lane. Anywhere else will end your session.
  • Whoever drives your team's fastest lap must drive at least 1 lap [excluding SC starts/inlaps/outlaps]. If, for some reason, that person cannot do that [they die or something], then please tell us and give the reason why.
  • Look at teh schedule for start times. Get on server 10 mins before "race start" time.
  • Don't chat whilst d is doing the grid. If you do, you will get a) yelled at and b) your fastest lap from q for the next race taken away.
  • Race Start: Rolling Start under SC. Single file until last sector, then stop weaving and form up in double file. Pole-sitter can choose side - left or right. (We'd rather not middle. It makes it messy)
  • If d thinks you've done a crap job of forming up, he'll make you do it again. and again. and again. until you get it right. The SC will keep going round until you do. [BTW there's an error there d - "not be to the Race Director’s Discretion." makes no sense]
  • SC procedure [below] also applies at the start.
  • You can use a max of 6 drivers during Q+Race.
  • You can't drive more than 75% of the race. If you've done between 73-77% - we'll take a look. Penalty for this is losing all the laps you've done over 75%
  • Driver swap as often as you like, whenever you like. But GTFO server within a lap of handing over. Or we'll make you GTFO. And please, don't come on server until within a lap of getting "in" the car.
  • When you come in server, please don't have your name as "TVE IS A BASTARD" from the DD Server the night before. Format it correctly BEFORE you get in server or get a penalty.
  • If you seriously f**k up your car and you can't move, just wait where you are [not like you can do anything else!] and wait for d to get the SC out or tell you to spec or whatever.
  • If your car is a bit f**ked up, but you can still drive, GTFO the racing line and drive carefully back to the pits. If you're struggling, d will call the SC and Timo in the Rescue Car will come and try to help you [but probably make it worse and wreck you] get back to pits.
  • If you want to make a complaint againt some n00b for twatting you up the arse/wrecking you, make a complaint in the protest thread, in the format given three. Only protest incidents you were involved in. Don't make protests after 36h post-race.
  • Under Green Flag, pits are open. Go in as much or little as you like. Although, research has shown that number of pitstops is proportional to finishing position. So don't go in there too much.
  • Don't cut the blend line. [unless d tells you that you can] Use any pit stall you like, as long as its the last one that is available.
  • Under SC, pits are open unless the field is near pit exit. Then it isn't open.
  • Don't mow down all the poor pit crews when you're going to your pits. You are only permitted to mow down the pit crew before and the pit crew after your pit stop box.
  • When SC is deployed [you can't miss it. It's a large yellow message saying "SC DEPLOYED". And some moron in a FZ5 comes and interrupts the race], slow down and don't overtake. Go slow behind SC. And don't twat people up the arse cos you were going too quickly.
  • If someone "does a Veccioni/Hamilton" and wrecks it on the last lap causing an SC, race to the line, but watch out for poor Tim/Lewis and don't crash into him.
  • On its inlap, the SC will turn its lights off. Leader holds pace until the "Restart Line" [basically some orange cones :P] from which he can start to accelerate. "Doing a Jackson" and overtaking before the S/F line is permitted, as long as green flag is out.
  • BTW, don't floor it at restart point on the initial start. Wait for the Green.
  • If the SC is needed again [e.g Some moron does a Jackson and wrecks someone on the restart :hide:] then it'll come straight back out and we try again next time around.
  • "8. The driver of the Safety Car shall be proficient in driving the vehicle that is chosen to be the Safety Car." LOOOL! TOMMY? PROFICIENT!?
  • We can give out penalties if you've done something wrong. Or we can be like the FIA, and give out penalties even if you havn't.
  • Do any penalties withing 10 mins or face going around for nothing. We'll take your laps away from you. Mwahahahaha.
  • If the server fails, or some moron decides to wreck 80%+ of the field, d will pull the red flag. Park yourself wherever d tells you to. Unless the server crashed, in which case it would be quite hard...
  • FFS don't Spec/Pit unless d tells you to. We like SCs. They make it more interesting. And give us more chance to laugh at someone for crashing the SC.
  • You get points depending on where you finish. Look in the rules as I cba to copy it here. You get extra points for pole and attending all the races.
  • Incase franky's p0rn torrents cause the main server to crash, we'll designate a secondary server for us to go to. We'll just kick all the cruisers off it if we need to.
  • Pass will be sent to all managers and vice-managers before the race. Don't have it? shout at your manager. And it won't change unless some n00b gives it to a member of [CD] and they come on server cheering for their team. Then we'll change it and give it to you.
  • We need you to be on IRC. I can't remember what the thingy is, something like #ndr@gamesurge.com
  • If you need us more urgently, or just want to hear Timo's sexy voice, come on our vent server. Again, can't remember off-hand, but I'm sure it's posted somewhere.
  • Don't block messages. Deko gets stressy because he thinks you're ignoring him.
  • Don't chat when chat is closed. You'd be AMAZED at how many people can't read "CHAT CLOSED".
So there's ma light-hearted little summary of the rules. Please do read the proper version at least once [as I've missed out quite alot of stuff], then if you need a refresher, you can look at this to remind you. I've taken the liberty of leaving out the stuff that says what a DT penalty is and stuff.

Quote from Wilko868 :My word..........
You must have been bored....

How must I be bored when I translate those rules...
Amended version 1.0 to reinstate the Sunday qualifying. Pools system stays in place.

The condensed version will be out soon, and is intended to not be the gospel, but be a quick-reference sheet to help you find what you may need to know in a rush, i.e. during the race. We request that you read the full rules and make sure you know what not to do.

Falke will get on with a German version later in the weekend or next week.

d
Quick question about racer name format (in game). I don't read anything about the use of colour in the rules, is this intentional?
Quote from JayEyeBee :Quick question about racer name format (in game). I don't read anything about the use of colour in the rules, is this intentional?

In the Sporting Code it simply says ## N.Surname, nothing about colour. Usually it's either grey [default] or white. I'm sure d will say.
Quote from J@tko :In the Sporting Code it simply says ## N.Surname, nothing about colour. Usually it's either grey [default] or white. I'm sure d will say.

When I highlight that bit it looks like there's a space between N. and Surname. I know in the LLWS series we have people with a space and some without. I suppose this is something else we need his dekoness to address.
Rules updated !

Go HERE to see.

It's a cool extension that Ellis found that lets us embed PDFs. You can download from there or simply view it.

It's version 1.2 now because a few people had see 1.1, and it'd been a few days since I posted it. But to summarize changes:

Version 1.1 is mostly cosmetic: Table of Contents added. Most if not all Typos fixed. Updated restrictions, and naming regulations. Also amended championship points somewhat. 70 points now available for a win, compared to 66.

Version 1.2 is most, of not all, of what I forgot for 1.1. Amending when and where you can telepit from in qual (from a pitstop only) and adding a trick to the start: The front row must now be on the pitlimiter until the green flag. The rest of the field is expected to hold appoximately pitlane speed until the green. We are doing this to hopefully reduce incidents and make gaps closer. Not requiring 3rd on back to be on limiter to allowe better modulation of gaps.

d
it require registration to download :grumpy:
Quote from fadeaway :it require registration to download :grumpy:

You sure about that? I'm viewing it in the browser plugin.

By the way, serious high on the in-browser PDF plugin thingy, it's way nicer than putting more crap on my desktop.
Can confirm you need to register to download it.

If you really want to download it, I'm sure we can get a download link
Quote from J@tko :Can confirm you need to register to download it.

If you really want to download it, I'm sure we can get a download link

I'll upload them to the server....someday soon.
Thanks.
OMG wasnt it possible to find another host were to upload the rules ?. Damn you have to click about 6 pages to get were you want, downloading teh file. The way you handle it looks bloody proffesional but that download thing sucks
Quote from niels1 :OMG wasnt it possible to find another host were to upload the rules ?. Damn you have to click about 6 pages to get were you want, downloading teh file. The way you handle it looks bloody proffesional but that download thing sucks

tbh we didn't pick it for the download feature. We picked it for the display on the site feature. :P

But, any and all complaints about it can be directed to JO53PHS - he's the one who found the setup.

Later this weekend I'll upload the pdfs to the webserver and add them as a direct download link.

Hahaha no I not gonna complain, just saying the way you guys handle the GTAL looks so bloody proffesionel but downloading that pdf file is a bloody nightmare. So when you uploaded it to the webserver I think it looks a lot better so no reason to complain.

Season 2010: Rules
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG