The online racing simulator
Terrible lag
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Hahmo
Terrible lag
Right. so, the case is, that i have terrible lag while playing with other players or computer.

This occurs at the start of the race (because everyone is so close to my car and i get the worst lag) i have 2fps during that time. When getting out of first turns it goes to 3-5fps and then back to normal. This might be because of my computer, or my internet. What i think, is the computer (1.60GHz). old laptop, a bit broken, but getting a new Asus Laptop on the christmas so then the lag would be hopefully over. Any ideas why the game is lagging?
Quote from Hahmo :Right. so, the case is, that i have terrible lag while playing with other players or computer.

This occurs at the start of the race (because everyone is so close to my car and i get the worst lag) i have 2fps during that time. When getting out of first turns it goes to 3-5fps and then back to normal. This might be because of my computer, or my internet. What i think, is the computer (1.60GHz). old laptop, a bit broken, but getting a new Asus Laptop on the christmas so then the lag would be hopefully over. Any ideas why the game is lagging?

Need more details about what's going on. Do u have lag with other games? What laptop u got?

Personally i think that a "old laptop" (no?) has not enough ram, might be something else tho. Do some testing, try other games and that stuff
#3 - Hahmo
I dont really know about computer RAMs or whatever they are so i dont know what information i need to give ya ;D. anyway, the laptop is 4 years old, like i said, broken. other games lags a little bit more these days, yes, and by that i think the computer is the cause of this lag
Yea, im guessing that ur laptop is just getting too old for games like this. LFS is not that graphic intensive but still. Try to give us some more info about your laptop. It should have a name, "Lenovo", "IBM" or something like this. The model number is usually located on the screen (the sides) or the bottom of the laptop. Model number will help us alot.
#5 - Hahmo
well, uhm. Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop, Windows XP Version 2002, Genuine Intel(R) CPU, T2050 @ 1.60GHz and after that again 1.60GHz, 111gt memory. Where is the screen things or something like that.. I guess thats all i can tell you..
Quote from Hahmo :well, uhm. Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop, Windows XP Version 2002, Genuine Intel(R) CPU, T2050 @ 1.60GHz and after that again 1.60GHz, 111gt memory. Where is the screen things or something like that.. I guess thats all i can tell you..

Hmm, processor seems to be fast enough. That makes me think that other parts are from "this speed class" too. Dont know any specific things to tell right now. Maybe videocard drivers are old?
#7 - Hahmo
i dont know, but lets hope that the new computer wont have the same lag ^_^
Quote from Hahmo :i dont know, but lets hope that the new computer wont have the same lag ^_^

Myea, well see. U do some more testing in that time.
#9 - Hahmo
i dont really have other games so i cant do that kind of testing what you suggest i should do. :s i was just thinking can i make the game faster with some commands?
Quote from Hahmo :i dont really have other games so i cant do that kind of testing what you suggest i should do. :s i was just thinking can i make the game faster with some commands?

Not really, you could lower the lfs settings. It might help.
Computer parts are not like mechanical stuff, they don't wear out and lose performance. It could be a matter of some application putting excessive load on your processor, which would seriously affect game performance.

Press Ctrl+Shift+ESC to open task manager and under "Processes" tab (second tab), look at the numbers on CPU column. That list tells you the processor usage of each process in percentages, see if there's anything that is constantly using up 10% or more of your total processor power.
well, uhm. not really, firefox is using more than anything else.. and there is ~70 processes all the time and everyone is between 1k-200k

Terrible lag
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG