The online racing simulator
you have to turn down the ingame FFB to use that dll mod.
I'm using 10% with the dll and it feels as strong as vanilla (no mod) at 40%

It is not for everyone.
Quote from JasonJ :If you read that thread though, I doubt you will feel more because LFS seems to remove (dampen out) most of the FFB effects it has available to it. Some slight changes to the tyres physics won't fix that. It might feel somewhat better, but only marginly. I don't think the full potential is realised.

Just with that mod you can tap the throttle repeatively and really feal some amazing weight shift in the front. You feel the curbs stronger and you feel most things that are just lost.

I haven't tried that mod yet... but if it improves the feel of the rather dull FFB I will give it a bash... hehe

I agree, the FXO does feel a touch too light (wind the FFB up, and find I can hardly move the wheel for the XRT).
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from senn :it was removed, afaik, because real cars don't have that much lock (without some serious steering/suspension modifications, ie Competition Drift cars)

Not trying to flame, just inform.

getting more steering lock is a pretty basic and cheap mod on most Japanese cars

would cost me $67 for a steering lock spacer that would take about 30 mins to install and i would gain afair bit of lock

http://www.ajps.com.au/parts/extra_lock_spacers.asp

thats only 1 cheap mod to get more steering, there are alot more ways to gain steering lock for less then $200 and afew hours installing them

its really basic stuff and fine to use on a street car

i dont get why there isnt more lock, such a small thing makes a huge difference

also @ the ppl saying drifting is easy or that racing is harder, have u ever tried to drift? it has a much higher learning curve then racing, its a different set of skills, both take alot of skill to do well
Quote from Kamrock :As you have said the Ackerman is there to decrease the toe in corners... and as the perfect racing line includes all four wheels having as much grip as they can

All this Ackerman stuff is ignoring the fact that the outside tires have more downforce than the inside tires because the lateral forces translate into an outwards torque on the car. Because of the difference in downforce, the inside tires achieve maximum lateral force at lower slip angles than the outside tires, so you'd want some amount of toe-in at all times.

In a non-downforce car, the forces will be about the same regardless of the cornering radius. In a high-downforce car, the forces are much higher in larger radius turns due to the higher speeds involved. The setups for those cars will take this into account.

Another issue is that few real race tracks have small radius turns, and for those that do, the driving method used for hairpin like turns relies more on braking and acceleration than cornering speed at the apex.
Quote from logitekg25 :i just read the last post, ant the ffb on some cars like xrt is pretty heavy, but then i drive the fxo, which doesnt way too much less (does it :really and it is really light but active

i always thought that was because the fxo is fwd and has tons of power...
i am not sure, but even when im not under power there is pretty much no weight on the wheel and i cant control it

then every once in a while i get a curb just right that sends me and my wheel flying

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG