The online racing simulator
Hmm questions
Just a few questions since its my first league and all.

First, I realize the number of competitioners is high and ofc not everyone can take part in the final race.. (wrong?)

So how is it determined who gets to race? Open qualifiers judged by lap time? And how many can take part in the actual race?
In fact I'd be glad to hear an example schedule/program for a typical "race night" if anyone would like to clarify me on this matter.

As for the second question, considering that I'm pretty close to a beginner in the LFS Racing, I've been hitting laps in the first 2 tracks like crazy.. I'm still behind the hotlaps for these tracks with a few seconds, so is it completely hopeless for me to survive amidst all of you guys? Just wondering if everyone here is a pro or something.

Not that it really matters, I'm all for giving it a shot in any case, just curious. Besides I still have a lot of time to progress until the actual races ;>

EDIT:
Each night will consist of two races. First race you will qualify for and second race is reversed top ten grid positions. Points will be given out to the top 15 finishing drivers.

Found this on the website. So it means that in the #1 race first 15 to finish get to attend the second race (where the grid is reversed so that the one who finished first in #1 race will start last position on #2 race which is the "real" race?) Am I right?
Well considering the amount of people who confirm for the test race will only get to race. So if we have about 40+- drivers, we will have two races of 20. The best total time of the race will be put forward, and the top 20 drivers in total time finishing will automatically qualify for race one. Then there will be a 5 minute quallifying session and a 4 lap race of a shootut if to decide the rest of the 12 slots.

This may not happen if we don't need too. But for now, leave it with us and you will get full details closer to the time.

Regards
First of all, you should get some nice sets at http://www.setupgrid.net/, or http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ if it isn't aready done. A good set can really make the difference.

Then you should train on the combos, seeing that you don't have a big millage. Training, over and over again is the best way to gain some time... But it just requires some patience. Then once you know the combos you should train a bit online, in order to learn how to behave in a compact pack and so on. LR|Race Center is the best public server allowing XFGs AFAIK, you should give it a try once you have some free time.

Last thing, don't worry if there are already 45 peeps signed-up, it is quite common in league racing to have something like the half of the signed-up guys actually bothering turning-up once in a few So you probably will be able to get a slot every night, no matters how slow you are

My turn to ask questions now Andy : Why are the races that short?
Short and sweet .. We dont want big long boring races, short races usually are eventful with people going flat out start to finish, risking anything to gain positions. In a long race the usually try maintain consistant laps and dont take many risks.
Since we are having a broadcast, we want action!
Hmm yeah I got the sets for the first two, and they feel like the best 2 sets I've ever driven. So I'm cool. Of course I rarely get a clean run (ie. a lap where i dont feel like ive mistaken anything) so its obvious that i need more training and especially for these tracks.

and yeah the actual mp training, well I've driven all the time I been playing serious on MP but mostly rally. and here if you mess up and crash, the race is pretty much over for.. so its kinda different.
What UTC time that Test Race begins ?
Tuesday night with a 7pm start,British time
Why does sign up for the champ are closed? No way to race with you guys?
Quote from FBUT Bishop :Why does sign up for the champ are closed? No way to race with you guys?

They will be reopened this or next week again
hi guys....can i sing up to the first race ??? and what´s the race time?
Race starts at 19 GMT, and yes you can signup
another question. When does confirmation for round 1 open?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG