The online racing simulator
Multi-monitor mode addition
(10 posts, started )
This is not a problem with LFS, but the way the Windows desktop / DirectX / GFX drivers work and interact.

There is theoretically a possibility to create and render to multiple Direct3D devices (monitors) but it would require a major rewrite of the graphics engine, and that's far too much effort for something that already works if the user isn't too lazy to switch desktop modes.
Its not a question of being lazy, thanks for suggesting I'm lazy though, I do appreciate a public slagging.
Its more a matter that switching between modes 1) messes up my desktop icons, 2) horizontal span doesn't work with the software I use for work purposes.

I understand it is more a graphics card/driver/windows issue however I was interested in asking if there was a known way around this and if so could it be written in. However it seems that people may be put off asking questions and making suggestions to improve LFS when shot down in flames by the likes of you.
I think it would be a great addition.

But as said. It's theoretically possible, but it would require a lot of work. I am not sure how it works with DirextX 8 (thats what LFS uses). In DX9 it's relatively easy to get working (so you can put images on the other screen). But it would probably require syncing and other stuff, that might not be obvious before you start to do it, to make it work properly.
Quote from horrgakx :Its more a matter that switching between modes 1) messes up my desktop icons, 2) horizontal span doesn't work with the software I use for work purposes.

1) There is a tool to save & ... e the desktop icon layout
2) Switching around prior to a gaming session really shouldn't be too much work

Also I didn't call you any more lazy than you did call the devs lazy with your "nice try, though" comment in the other thread
I have a question concerning multiple monitors.
I use a 1920x1080 as main screen but i still have a 15" 1024x768 laying around. I tried a few options from the settings but it doesn't seem to work on my 15", am i missing something or are my 2 screen imcompatible together?

I don't see a horizontal span option in my ati control panel... i usually extend the 15" from my main.

Thanks in advance for any support.
AFAIK monitors with different resolutions are not supported for the span mode in Windows (or by the GFX drivers, dunno who is the culprit). You can give SoftTH a try (from what I heard it should support this scenario), but performance will be reduced.
Windows Vista/7 does not support the span option for gaming AFAIK
SoftTH can support multiple screens of different resolutions. You can even turn the side-screens vertically and use them like that.
Ok thanks guys.
I will give softTH a try.

Performance should be just fine since i rarely go under 300fps
I have a Phenom II X4 coupled with a HD4890 so its fine and ready on that side.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG