The online racing simulator
Windows 7 wierd thing
(8 posts, started )
Windows 7 wierd thing
I have downloaded the demo of Live for Speed, and when i have installed and I was on my way to start it, then it suddenly just dont work. The screen is totally black and just sound is playing. Is there a way to like make it windowed and change resolution while I'm not in the game ? I havent found a file or something with that kind of setups on. Maybe that could make it work?
Hi,I run W7 32-bit & have had no trouble at all with any install of lfs...(which version are you using 32 or 64??)

In your lfs folder there is a txt file called " cfg "
In there on the second line,is an option to start lfs in windowed mode.

Just change the value from 0 to 1 where it says "start windowed"

Version 0.5Z25
Start Windowed 1

I run Windows 7 64 bit, and had no problems. Well, actually, I did seem to struggle making a shortcut in the Games quicklist - when I loaded LFS from it it said it couldn't do something - but that was easily fixed with a couple of minutes fiddling.

If you edit cfg.txt you can make LFS start windowed. Add a 1 in place of the 0 on the relevant line.
If you press shift + f4 in LFS, it will toggle fullscreen/windowed mode.

I've also had no problems with W7 64

Quote from tristancliffe :I run Windows 7 64 bit, and had no problems. Well, actually, I did seem to struggle making a shortcut in the Games quicklist - when I loaded LFS from it it said it couldn't do something - but that was easily fixed with a couple of minutes fiddling.

For some reason, when dragging the .exe into the Games list, it doesn't include the "start in" path in the shortcut it creates. This means LFS has no idea where all the other files are, so gives an error.

If you right-click LFS.exe, create shortcut, rename the shortcut to whatever you want, then drag the shortcut into the games list, it'll work fine.
I think that's what I did. Anyway, it works now, and I only had a problem for about 45 seconds
Quote from Deveronal :I have downloaded the demo of Live for Speed, and when i have installed and I was on my way to start it, then it suddenly just dont work. Is there a way to like make it windowed and change resolution while I'm not in the game ?

Cmon guy's

Did you not read his post........

Shift+f4 is for inside the game,He is asking for a way OUTSIDE OF THE GAME to "window" the game,so as to change the game resolution once inside the game......
#7 - amp88
The OP could try the shift+F9 -F12 keys an easy way to change resolution on the fly.

I suspect totally black screen is either a graphics card driver/direct X problem (like the dell drivers one) it would be nice to know if any of the suggestions here have worked for him.

SD.

W7 64 RC7100 no problems.

Windows 7 wierd thing
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG