The online racing simulator
Hey [requesting information on LFS]
Hi. I'm pretty new to the game so I was wondering if anyone can gimme the lowdown on this game. Basically about those downloadable patches and what their for and other things I would need to know.

Thanks. Euro.

Also, what are skins?
Patches are patches ... nothing to explain tbh.

Skins are ... pictures on the car? Decals and that stuff. And for christ sake, try to put a proper title on the thread.
generally from begginning of data folder to end...

test patches btw are just new addons to the game that are being tested by the community for bugs

regular patches are the same thing as above but have most if not all of the bugs worked out

abc and colors you never really need to go inside

dds are ways to modify the game, they are textures so i am told

engine-layout no need to go into

layout this is where you put the .lyt files that are files that put cones and other props into the track of choosing.

mpr and spr are replay files folders

pic i think is just the backgrounds in menus (you can do whatever you want with this aka add pics)

scripts folder is where you put bits of code which tells lfs to do stuff whenever cirtain things are done

setups is where your setups for cars are, and you can put them in there as long as they are named right

skins is where your skins are :d

and the ones i skipped are basically no need to know

enjoy the game...also check out the wiki page, the link is at the top of the page.
Quote from logitekg25 :
test patches btw are just new addons to the game that are being tested by the community for bugs

Fixed

Anyways, most of the knowledge will come by itself. Play it a bit and everything comes by itself. Also, start saving money for S2/S3 licence. Im sure u will enjoy this game and S2 is much better than demo.
Quote from hazaky :Fixed

Anyways, most of the knowledge will come by itself. Play it a bit and everything comes by itself. Also, start saving money for S2/S3 licence. Im sure u will enjoy this game and S2 is much better than demo.

thanks
Quote from logitekg25 :dds are ways to modify the game, these are basically illeagal, unless you dont change the shape basically

Modifying the ANY of the .dds files is 100% legal, 100% allowed, and supported by the LFS community. DDS files contain the textures used in the game.

You are confusing them with the .veh files which contain the car shape/body, which are not allowed to be edited.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG